Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Deluxe Should come with

General_Durandal

a Universal Solo/Dual Flintlock Pistol skin.
Currently the only flintlock type weapon in the game is the Twin Rogga, and they ugly.
(would really like a cool looking, and good flintlock pistol)

We already have 2 deluxe pistol skins, 1 works on solo pistols, the other works on solo and dual pistols,
so perhaps that won't happen.

Then perhaps a Anchor skin for hammers,
maybe and Anchor and chain skin for the chained blade weapons like Mios.

It'll probably be just a boring sword/cutlass skin for swords though.

1 hour ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Shouldn't be pirate/maritime themed at all, imo, as his default and deluxe skins already cover that territory pretty well.

Problem is, Hydroid's default skin is pretty vague, his Prime does reference Pirates, and the Tennogen Poseidon skin covers the Sea god theme, and there really aren't any other themes he has. This means that his Deluxe will be one of those, there really is no escaping it. It's like saying that Mesa's Deluxe wouldn't come with Pistol skins, or Wukong's Deluxe skin won't be Monkey-themed and won't have a Staff/Polearm skin.

1 minute ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Problem is, Hydroid's default skin is pretty vague, his Prime does reference Pirates, and the Tennogen Poseidon skin covers the Sea god theme, and there really aren't any other themes he has. This means that his Deluxe will be one of those, there really is no escaping it. It's like saying that Mesa's Deluxe wouldn't come with Pistol skins, or Wukong's Deluxe skin won't be Monkey-themed and won't have a Staff/Polearm skin.

Limbo's deluxe skin is so far in left field from his kit's design that it's not too far fetched to think Hydroid won't be able to have something unrelated to pirates. Hell, he could be a unicorn that unleashes a rainbow-farting fairy for all we know. Actually, I low key want to see this now.

Just now, Kromatia said:

Limbo's deluxe skin is so far in left field from his kit's design that it's not too far fetched to think Hydroid won't be able to have something unrelated to pirates. Hell, he could be a unicorn that unleashes a rainbow-farting fairy for all we know. Actually, I low key want to see this now.

Not exactly. Sentients are known for being nearly indestructible, and Limbo is pretty much the only frame that gets energy-free on-demand invincibility, so in a way it makes sense that he would get a Sentient themed skin.

2 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Hard to avoid there mate. It's either sea life or Pirate with him. His abilities and themes leave little room for anything else.

Not really...It can be seafaring without the typical English Pirate stereotype.

Moorish,Spanish,French, Japanese and Vikings were all famous seabased raiders/smugglers at one time and each made use of different types of weapons...That's not even going into the number of sea monsters they could take inspiration from.

...Or Cthulu for that matter.

My feeling is that if they can branch out as far as they are for Limbo, they don't need to bind themselves to stereotypes for Hydroid and I hope they choose not to while doing a great job of it as well.

That said, with my luck, they'll probably take Flipper, Captain Jack, (or Captain Morgan/Bo Derek based on how Mesa P. got done), or coral for inspiration instead.

7 hours ago, HorridaMessor said:

If it wouldn't allow me to transmit one particular song about anchor from Alestorm for the whole cell to listen to, then it wouldn't be worth it

What about people that have the profanity filter on though?

"Beep you with a beeping anchor"

"You're all beep so beep you all"

Not worth. 

Hydroid deluxe shouldn't be another Pirate, as Much as I love pirate themes.. 

And as disappointed as I am in twin Ragga also not being a Tenno weapon so it could eventually be his prime... 

I think Hydroids summoning, rain, and water shape-shifting points heavily at a good Wizard skin...  With a wizardly gunspear staff skin, or gunblade wand. 

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

On 2018-12-27 at 8:20 PM, Kromatia said:

On 2018-12-27 at 8:22 PM, Kerberos-3 said:

Not exactly. Sentients are known for being nearly indestructible, and Limbo is pretty much the only frame that gets energy-free on-demand invincibility, so in a way it makes sense that he would get a Sentient themed skin.

Let's leave Limbo out of this.  DE doesn't need any wild ideas based off him.

On 2018-12-27 at 8:17 PM, Kerberos-3 said:

Naw, his Deluxe could go down the Klthulu route and make for a really sweet head piece.

• Like 1