Why only 3 mods configurations?

theogames99

Hi fellow Tenno, I wanted to know if anyone else has fustrations with the fact that for every weapon, warframe, companion you only have 3 slots to set up for any given weapon when in fact there are 4 Primed Expel Mods. I loved the changes DE have made that you can name the Config to describe what the build is and that you're now able to swap the order without any hassle.

I think DE should give the player the choice of having more than 3 mod build slots. Perhaps some of you guys share my frustration as well. Or you might think DE has a reason to limit the player to only 3 Configurations. I don't know maybe I'm just picky. 

Please let me know about your opinion on this matter.

Edited by theogames99

10 minutes ago, theogames99 said:

Hi fellow Tenno, I wanted to know if anyone else has fustrations with the fact that for every weapon, warframe, companion you only have 3 slots to set up for any given weapon when in fact there are 4 Primed Expel Mods. I loved the changes DE have made that you can name the Config to describe what the build is and that you're now able to swap the order without any hassle.

I think DE should give the player the choice of having more than 3 mod build slots. Perhaps some of you guys share my frustration as well. Or you might think DE has a reason to limit the player to only 3 Configurations. I don't know maybe I'm just picky. 

Okay, so mod slots;

A

B

C

Enemy factions;

Grineer 

Corpus

Infested

You see why we have 3?

I agree that more would be nice, but when it comes to your actual builds, all you need is;

Corrosive/ radiation for armor.

Electric/ slash/ CC for corpus 

Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire for the infested!

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, theogames99 said:

How many duplicated frames you have?
For example: 3xVolts, 3xChroma, 3xMesa....etc?

If u need more slots make few same frames and u will have for each of them by 3x configuration slots, so with 3 frames comes 9 free conf slots, if u build more u will have more slots.

14 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

How many duplicated frames you have?
For example: 3xVolts, 3xChroma, 3xMesa....etc?

If u need more slots make few same frames and u will have for each of them by 3x configuration slots, so with 3 frames comes 9 free conf slots, if u build more u will have more slots.

I have no dublicated frames, I think having primed versions and normal versions of frames is enough.

It doesn't make sense to me to build 3 Volts just so that I can have 9 Volt Builds. It's already possible to have 3 different Builds on any frame. It would be pretty greedy for DE to make the player spend so much time and effort to have more configurations. Let alone the forma you'd have to invest with each frame. For my Umbral Frame builds I sometimes use as much as 5 forma, each takes 24 hours to build(if you have the blueprints) 5 x 24 hours= 120 hours. Leveling up a warframe to use that forma again should add around 10 more hours or so. 130 * 3 = 390 hours. That's insane if you're willing to do that with every Warframe.

The reason we are limited to just three presets is that having more could cause too much strain on DE's servers. Adding even one more preset would increase the load on the servers by an extreme amount. They try to give us as much freedom to do what we want as possible but there are technological and monetary limitations to what a independent developer like DE can do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Okay, so mod slots;

A

B

C

Enemy factions;

Grineer 

Corpus

Infested

You see why we have 3?

I agree that more would be nice, but when it comes to your actual builds, all you need is;

It would be nice to have loadouts while re/leveling frames/weapons at intervals -- like levels 6/12/24, too.

That way all you need to do is click the loadout and go (low level can't fit elemental mods in).

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

but when it comes to your actual builds, all you need is;

Correction, all you need is just one.  Gas/slash.  That's all, nothing else really needed but that one.  😄

Before you ask, yes I have and still do use it against all high level enemies.  

20 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Correction, all you need is just one.  Gas/slash.  That's all, nothing else really needed but that one.  😄

Before you ask, yes I have and still do use it against all high level enemies.  

I’m aware, but by design this is the reason we have A, B and C.

We were intended to need 3 loadouts.

It's mostly a server storage space thing. Each 20p slot holds a Warframe, and its rank/forma, that contains 3 Mod loadout and 3 Appearance sets. Each mod loadout has your 8 slots + Aura + Exilus on top of 2 Arcanes. Each of those mod slot has to point to a certain mod that exists within your account's mod slots. Each Appearance set contains all your colors, helmet/skin/pose, attachments and their colors, syndanna and their colors as well as sigils/emblems.

It might not appear to be much but that tiny payment of 20p actually links to a ton of things which is probably why they are limiting each individual Warframe to 3 configurations sets. It's also possible that the way the storage space is set up for each slot/Warframe, it might not be as easy include a function to buy more configuration sets.

Edited by RX-3DR
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Useful but not at all needed. Switching out mods is just a few clicks away.

If we're making the Upgrade UI more convenient, I'd much rather have an option to list mods by how often you equip them or how many other builds you gave them in.

Except when adding a forma and screenshots are your only reference to your previous built. Those build slots don't even store a default setup (none of the customizations does -- can't even use a default setup of appearance colors across frames, either. Have to get the notepad out and copy those values for EACH frame). I rather not waste disk space on screenshots for all these customizations, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

You forgot Corrupted, and Sentients.

Probably because corrupted are restricted to a single planet, and have resistances that align with the factions they are copied from.

For sentiments we have void from our operator, you aren’t suppose to mod around senitents outside of Eidolon encounters.

• 2 years later...
On 2018-12-28 at 6:50 AM, RX-3DR said:

It's mostly a server storage space thing. Each 20p slot holds a Warframe, and its rank/forma, that contains 3 Mod loadout and 3 Appearance sets. Each mod loadout has your 8 slots + Aura + Exilus on top of 2 Arcanes. Each of those mod slot has to point to a certain mod that exists within your account's mod slots. Each Appearance set contains all your colors, helmet/skin/pose, attachments and their colors, syndanna and their colors as well as sigils/emblems.

It might not appear to be much but that tiny payment of 20p actually links to a ton of things which is probably why they are limiting each individual Warframe to 3 configurations sets. It's also possible that the way the storage space is set up for each slot/Warframe, it might not be as easy include a function to buy more configuration sets.

You're talking about warframe loadouts, which cost 20p and hold one warframe, one primary weapon, one secondary weapon, one melee weapon, and one parazon, plus some exalted weapons or shadows for some warframes like excal, valkyr, and sevagoth. This topic is aboit configs, which are accessable through the mod screen of a weapon or warframe. I agree that loadouts take a lot of server space, but that's not what this topic is about.

2 minutes ago, KingPartyaza said:

You're talking about warframe loadouts, which cost 20p and hold one warframe, one primary weapon, one secondary weapon, one melee weapon, and one parazon, plus some exalted weapons or shadows for some warframes like excal, valkyr, and sevagoth. This topic is aboit configs, which are accessable through the mod screen of a weapon or warframe. I agree that loadouts take a lot of server space, but that's not what this topic is about.

Might want to check the date

• Like 1