Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Needing Help

GabrielFVA

Question

I just recently started playing Warframe and I've been having a blast. Initially I had no clue what I was doing, but learning the various intricacies that the game has to offer has been very fun and rewarding. I've been trying to level up my Master Rank as much as possible whilst clearing the Solar System, however, I've reached a point in which I can't kill any enemies. I literally tickle them with every shot. I've been upgrading my mods as much as possible but it doesn't seem to be enough. Farming for endo has been an extremely long and tedious process and most mods require so much of it in addition to thousands of credits in order to be upgraded. According to most guides, endo and credit farming isn't truly available until you have unlocked endgame nodes/warframes. Furthermore most mods that guides recommend for the weapons I currently have are either locked away or require a lot of platinum. I have reached a wall in the game as it seems and I've found myself no longer having fun. Not being able to continue to progress with missions and having to be carried in essentially every bounty/mission/alert has been pretty tough. My question is, did many of you face this wall? How do you recommend I progress? 

7 answers to this question

First do the mr tests

then go to the market on your orbiter and buy a HEK or some good weapon but I would recommend you get a hek at MR4 (takes 24hours to build but not too bad)

and since you should have Venus by now go and farm rhino parts and buy his blue print

So in short just go along the star chart doing the nodes and making some good weapons which will bring you up and early on endo is not an issue that much since you will be fighting lvl 15 mobs and a basic corrosion dmg cheap build should do.

so just get a shot gun (HEK) mod it with what you have get rhino and complete star chart and life will be good.

go for meta built.
use high base damage weapon like Tigris ( MR 7 ) they are easy to mods.
buy a cheap [ Life Strike ] 4p from warframe.market for 20% Life Steal on melee weapon.
Get a tanky warframe with abilities to heal like Inaros /  Nezha pretty ok.
Slap [Hunter Adrenaline] on your warframe for passive Health to Energy conversion

Spoiler

latest?cb=20181130034215

Check Out Youtube for weapon built. 

Edited by HEA-Devazone

10 hours ago, GabrielFVA said:

Not being able to continue to progress with missions and having to be carried in essentially every bounty/mission/alert has been pretty tough

You are making a very common misconception that "progression" in warframe is clearing more of the star chart.  Progression in warframe in reality is acquiring more and more stuff that makes your account stronger.  Mods, endo, credits, crafting resources, blueprints for building new frames / weapons.  Also taking the time to forma gear.  Most of that acquiring of stuff can happen just as well at easier mission levels as they do at harder mission levels.  That is a simplification for sure, but it's true enough. 

So if you can't handle the difficulty of Sedna there is no reason not to play on Saturn instead.  Running a 20 minute survival on Saturn is a whole lot more fun and rewarding than doing 5 minutes on Sedna.

11 hours ago, GabrielFVA said:

...Not being able to continue to progress with missions and having to be carried in essentially every bounty/mission/alert has been pretty tough...How do you recommend I progress? 

In addition to what others have posted here I'd also like to point out that a certain amount of "being carried" happens regularly in this game.  As an example Hydron, Sedna is still a popular place to go to gain affinity for frames and weapons.  It's not uncommon for people to show up with a completely unleveled loadout to level up to 30.  Often enough I've been in both roles: the person with unleveled gear and the person reviving the people with unleveled gear.  I applaud your desire for not wanting to be the guy that gets carried but I'd advise you to not let that get to you as much as it seems like it is after reading your post.

On 2018-12-28 at 6:31 AM, GabrielFVA said:

I just recently started playing Warframe and I've been having a blast. Initially I had no clue what I was doing, but learning the various intricacies that the game has to offer has been very fun and rewarding. I've been trying to level up my Master Rank as much as possible whilst clearing the Solar System, however, I've reached a point in which I can't kill any enemies. I literally tickle them with every shot. I've been upgrading my mods as much as possible but it doesn't seem to be enough. Farming for endo has been an extremely long and tedious process and most mods require so much of it in addition to thousands of credits in order to be upgraded. According to most guides, endo and credit farming isn't truly available until you have unlocked endgame nodes/warframes. Furthermore most mods that guides recommend for the weapons I currently have are either locked away or require a lot of platinum. I have reached a wall in the game as it seems and I've found myself no longer having fun. Not being able to continue to progress with missions and having to be carried in essentially every bounty/mission/alert has been pretty tough. My question is, did many of you face this wall? How do you recommend I progress? 

Ah, don't worry. Been there. This game is all about research, modding, farming, trading etc. And patience. It's easy to find guides on the net, so I'll just say a couple of general things.

1) Wiki - your Bible

2) Join a clan. Ours is open. You get access to all those non buyable blueprints for weapons and frames and, stuff.. No questions asked. Plus, you get help. 

3) Advance in MR. Weapons , frames and mods are mastery locked. Rank up everything you can get your hands on.

4) As for endo, I used to search maps for Ayatan sculptures, they appear as regular loot on your minimap if you have the "Animal instinct" mod for your sentinel/pet, or "Thief's wit" for your warframe. Then fill them with stars and sell to Maroo. Maroo's weekly quest (for a sculpture) is a breeze with a Limbo. Limbo will make your life easier generally. Ignore the hate for now.

5) As for the mods, you'll need to roam the starchart and collect them, or buy them via (clan) trade. Go public, you can get a lot of mods that way, frames parts too from assassination missions.

6) Sentinels/Specters are a big help.

If your weapon/frame doesn't work for you, you need to try other gear. Try to get Frost, Rhino, Limbo. Ignis and Arca Plasmor will also make you smile.

Hope this helps.