Beefy Orokin

kasichyko

This is something which I paid little to no attention when I first entered Cetus, but now I feel really intrigued about.
Unsure of how much of this could somehow be spoiler so just in case:

Spoiler

vIjpU3d.jpg

Spoiler

Some time ago (when i couldn't run PoE properly because of my PC) I simply assumed they were gathering Eidolon's meat. But now that I've seen the Eidolons... and pay a bit more attention to the background here... WTF? do those structures have meat inside!? why? of what? is it actually meat? is this somehow explained somewhere in the lore? ... I'm kind of freaking out haha~... 

Yeah, Orokin grew their buildings instead of actually building them (and not only buildings).

And btw you can't possibly collect Eidolon's meat because it is a Sentient, and Sentients are basically robots or, if being more accurate, von Neumann machine-like constructs.

ah yes, I had to explain the Ostron's "wall meat industry" to a friend as he though the folds of meat were from Whales, I told him the truth and told him to take a look at the area next to the Spawn in Cetus, where they carve the meat. he was a bit disgusted lol.

it does make sense though: the flesh regenerates and the Orokin can easily repair the outer walls, which appear to be ceramic/porcelain. now you know why the walls in the void sometimes bleed if you hit them... but I think the most disturbing part is where they get the flesh samples from: given what a bunch of rotten individuals the Orokin were, I'd have less trouble believing they kidnapped civilians at random and then blended them into paste to collect the flesh, than actually taking a few =tissue samples in a nice, sterile clinic and then cloning them en-masse in a lab, kind of like what is done today, only to a much larger degree than real-life.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

9 минут назад, (PS4)robotwars7 сказал:

it does make sense though: the flesh regenerates and the Orokin can easily repair the outer walls, which appear to be ceramic/porcelain.

I bet outer walls are organic as well, notice how some spots on the tower and on the gates go from white ceramic to brown scorched flesh-like texture.

12 минут назад, (PS4)robotwars7 сказал:

I'd have less trouble believing they kidnapped civilians at random and then blended them into paste to collect the flesh, than actually taking a few =tissue samples in a nice, sterile clinic and then cloning them en-masse in a lab, kind of like what is done today, only to a much larger degree than real-life.

Seems a bit over complicated to me. Probably the flesh is a Technocyte based substance which can regenerate at extreme speeds by means of Kuva supply within. I think that the tower (as well as terraforming towers on Venus, one of which is ruined so you can see it is fleshy as well inside) was planted like a seedling with Kuva inside, and then grew into this form programed beforehand.

17 минут назад, Mr.SpookSpook сказал:

Where is this explained in the lore? I'm mr26 and this is completely new to me. I know warframes are built similarly, but did not know about the buildings.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Fragments

Check out Thousand Year Fish fragments - The Tower's Flesh

Also check Tools of Hatvest and Harvesting the Tower.

Edited by ant99999
Added more lore entries