Vauban Rework Idea

Shirokansen

Bear with me since this is my first time writing a warframe rework :3 any feedback to the abilities are welcome.

Passive:

Salvage - Enemies drop more ammo depending on which weapon type your holding.

1st ability:

Tension - Creates a magnetic shield 5m (standard) that's rectangular and it catches bullets that go through it. When bullets are caught they have a chance to convert into ammo. When a player walks through the field they receive the ammo collected. Only 3 (max rank) can be made and the shield doesn't block enemies. The vacuum mod for sentinels can collect the ammo for you from the shield.

Affected by: Duration, Strength (increases chances for bullets to be converted) and Range (Size of shield)

2nd Ability:

Cupola - Launches a turret that requires 3 seconds to activate (cannot be changed) and can rotate 360 degrees. It has a range of 10m (standard, 15m max) it has a 3 second invulnerable phase that whichever damage type that was inflicted (can be affected by the player) will determine the turrets damage output. It has a small splash effect to affect surrounding enemies.

Affected by: Strength (Health of turret), Range (Range of turret), Efficiency (Turret rate of fire)

3rd Ability:

Scrap Maniac - Toggled ability, consumes energy depending how many enemies are killed. Enemies killed now builds up buffs that aids fellow tennos. The grineers will give armor, the corpus gives increase shield capacity, and the infested now gives regeneration of health, each enemy killed gives a 5% buff, it's maximum capacity would be 10

Affected by: Strength (Capacity), efficiency (lessens rate of energy use) , duration (same as efficiency) range (increases the range enemies are affected of the ability)

4th Ability:

Ammo Berserker - This ability has a timer, all weapons are now put into one single clip, meaning now you don't need to reload when firing when the magazine hits zero it uses your reserve ammo instantly, getting hit with gunfire will add a small amount of ammo into your ammo pool. 

Affected by: Strength (Amount of ammo given back when hit.), Duration (how long the ability lasts) 

Edited by Shirokansen

Review time;

no passive listed, which is important as you have completely changed what vauban is; he no longer has CC and is now an engineer with some support

1st; Instead of each bullet having a chance, can't you make it after it collects and amount of bullets then it will pop out and ammo drop for your currently equipped weapon.

2nd; Instead of relying on energy color (which is chroma's main problem); during the 3 seconds to activate, any damage done will scale it's damage as well as the element with the most damage will become the element it deals.

3rd; First this is toggled, meaning the effect will drop immediately when you turn it off, which is a bad thing, make it when it is turned off it will deteriorate over time instead. second you never said how many times the buff stacks.

4th; This can work well when paired with the first ability but the problem is that it still drains your ammo. How about instead you reduce the duration to about 5 seconds (affected by duration mods and non-recastable) but give infinite ammo for that time; like a void fissure buff.

Overall, i feel this strays too far from what Vauban is to be considered a rework and would work better as it's own unique frame concept. If there are things we should take from this and add to vauban it would be the 2nd ability and that's about it; maybe include the 1st as a part of minelayer.

9 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

Review time;

no passive listed, which is important as you have completely changed what vauban is; he no longer has CC and is now an engineer with some support

1st; Instead of each bullet having a chance, can't you make it after it collects and amount of bullets then it will pop out and ammo drop for your currently equipped weapon.

2nd; Instead of relying on energy color (which is chroma's main problem); during the 3 seconds to activate, any damage done will scale it's damage as well as the element with the most damage will become the element it deals.

3rd; First this is toggled, meaning the effect will drop immediately when you turn it off, which is a bad thing, make it when it is turned off it will deteriorate over time instead. second you never said how many times the buff stacks.

4th; This can work well when paired with the first ability but the problem is that it still drains your ammo. How about instead you reduce the duration to about 5 seconds (affected by duration mods and non-recastable) but give infinite ammo for that time; like a void fissure buff.

Overall, i feel this strays too far from what Vauban is to be considered a rework and would work better as it's own unique frame concept. If there are things we should take from this and add to vauban it would be the 2nd ability and that's about it; maybe include the 1st as a part of minelayer.

Oh never thought of that second ability idea, yeah i forgot to put non-recastable on his 4th ability but I don't want to put it like a void fissure buff since it doesn't really explain how it does it. 1st ability I tried to make it like an ammo post so you'll have to collect it but the Vacuum mod can help collect it! I didn't list a passive since I like his passive.

1 minute ago, Shirokansen said:

I didn't list a passive since I like his passive.

But you wouldn't benefit from his passive with the abilities you listed; it requires them to be incapacitated which none of your abilities do. Meaning you have to rely on blast procs from weapons or your melee slam attack to knock them down which kinda goes against the "i make it rain ammo so i can shoot things forever" vibe i get from your abilities.

11 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

But you wouldn't benefit from his passive with the abilities you listed; it requires them to be incapacitated which none of your abilities do. Meaning you have to rely on blast procs from weapons or your melee slam attack to knock them down which kinda goes against the "i make it rain ammo so i can shoot things forever" vibe i get from your abilities.

Boom, I gave a pretty good passive for the rework theme.

Interesting ideas ill admit, but with all new ability's he looks like completely new warframe and nothing like Vauban, whos known for his 3rd ability that shuts down large areas. In all honesty the fact that Vauban's 3 is whats keeping him afloat its also his greatest weakness, since it will probably have to stay to keep with his theme, or at least what the warframe community has come to expect. Actually could see these Incorporated into a new support frame though. Id say change some of his ability's to proved something other then ammo if possible such as scrap mechanic being a buff that heals when dealing damage for a short duration. His 4th could be some type of group damage based buff with a limited duration for a nuke phase in the raids when they return. In closing I like the new fresh ideas and glad people are still trying to get something done, though I dont think they will find a home with Vauban. They might show up later on a different frame though who can tell!