Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What did you pick as a new player

Animo

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Lwyu:

Mag, Only because I prefer females in any game in general because they look better than makes in most games. Ofcourse males are worth using but I wanna stare at female warframe booty.

I agree with this guy.

Though I did choose excal because it said "perfect for new players" lol.

Started playing when Mercury was the starter planet, no tutorial, no MK1 weapons. I began with Excalibur. 

I wanted a Rikimaru-esque stealth frame, so i dropped some dough, bought ash, and bought the stalker pack. I played ash so much that people from the Rhino club began telling/asking, "Do you even play any other warframes?"

To which I responsed, "No! ... Are they any good?"  I eventually tried the game's other flesh suits. I loved some. I realized that some just weren't my style. I always kept coming back to ash. Then, ash prime dropped. At the moment, vanilla ash still has 20.4% of my in game play time since MAR2014.

Volt, not sure about the weapons, i tried and ranked all of those pretty much instantly except for mk1 Kunai which i remember ranking when i was close to MR20.

Didn't turn out to be one of my favorites, but i still have Volt as my most played and still play Volt Prime from time to time because i like the visuals and niche functionality of Shock and Electric Shield.

I made the mistake of picking volt, i should have gone with my first choice of Mag but my love of lightning lead me astray (again). It did have the upside of getting me to buy Valkyr so as to get out of the volt doldrums. Mk 1 Braton was the Primary and set the pace for me liking the rest of the family and i think the lato was sidearm and skana melee.

Edited by AzureTerra

I went with volt for my starting frame. I forget why but the abilities for him had more of a draw for me then the others. I also recall more or less that I liked his design over excals. I know mag was an option but I don't recall her being of any interest until my BF started playing her. I know for my weapons I went with the MK- Braton, the Skana and Lato.

I picked mag aswell and I like her. I used bo in that time and made my skana but that was not so strong in that state of game so I just skipped and used polearms and staffs. I prefer the bows so I used back in time paris. Still like the bows but there is a lot of possibilities now. 

I also like the dual ethers and heatswords and sad these weapons are not strong enough. I like their design and I wish they buffed them. Maybe they will some time.

• Like 5

When I started I choosed Loki because he was so cool looking and when I first heard about the game and shown in some pc magazine it was advertised with the Loki. He was a bit hard to use at first but I managed to use him well and later on moved to Oberon and I am still Oberon main but I have now a nice arsenal. On my another accs the choice is widely different because I separate all of my accs so I can play different roles. On an other acc I made Excal as first choice but in that time when the super jump was a thing. What a waste ability slot. Also I miss the stamina mods I liked to use marathon on my frames and rush a lot. Times changed and adopted and still have a lot to do.

Also mag prime is on this topic so hail the mighty mag prime.

• Like 7

Excalibur, Braton, Lato, Bo.  I remember spending a good while trying to pick between Excal and Volt though, since I like lightning stuff but was worried about it being harder to learn the game since Excal said it was good for newer players.  Excal was my main frame for a long time though, so wasn't a bad choice.  Although Volt Prime is now one of my main frames these days.

I also remember being happy for the Bo since a lot of games with melee lack combat staves and, as much as I like swords, was a little bored with them.  Always meant to go back to the MK-1 Bo after leveling stuff like the Heat Sword and Cronus, but never got to it.  I have a Zaw staff these days, so that works for me.

4 minutes ago, Gullim92 said:

Excalibur, back when he had his meme super jump..Weird times.

And BACK IN MY DAYS WE DIDN'T HAVE NO STINKING WEAPON CHOICES, WE JUST GOT SADDLED WITH AN MK-1 BRATON AND SENT TO WAR, KID. GIT OUTTA MY LAWN.

We also keeled over the star chart, like proper ninja space magicians. 

• Like 1

Excalibur, mainly because it seemed to fit my scrapper-lock style of play I enjoy. No choice of weapons back then. I disappeared for awhile and when I finally started playing again I was forced to do the tutorial and went with Mag. I was sad it was not added to my frames but I will eventually assemble it. 

I seriously don't remember....

When it launched on PS4 I think I chose Excalibur or by mistake Loki.

I hated Loki...

No! I chose Loki, and then I believe I bought Excalibur cause I hated Loki.

Shoot...might have been I got Loki. I avoided mag because of MMO syndrome. Wasn't sure if folks would think I was a Girl Gamer if I played as her.

(So glad that S#&$ is mostly over how a days.)

Weapons...we had no options.

(No one knew wtf we were doing back then.)

Now...I left soon after...so I consider my return (a year later) my real start.

In that case it was Ash thanks to a PSN bundle.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029