Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf All Mods And Balance The Game

_Chaser

before some of the scrubs will start to scream "nonono", i'd like to explain why and what

DE need to rework all damage values and make sure mods don't go over +25% damage increase limit. in this case most of stuff and enemies included will be rather easy to balance out. there will be no need in spamming tons of enemies and adding insane shields on enemies. mods will be viable but it would not make a weapon

right now mods are too strong. so strong that weapons are not even important but mods which you have, so weapons become more of decorative element or husk for mods.

also stealth kills must be instakill. no matter what and why.

difficulty progression must be increased by not by raw damage/health but requiring specific approach to defeat enemies. to make it more like a proper game, not a freaking korean grind f2p mmo as we got now

new players do not get short changed, in fact they get more out of this than endgame players do. cutting everything shorter by the same amount keeps the exact same balance as we currently have, but it reduces gaps and makes the smaller increments feel more rewarding. 

so, once again:

if a weapon currently deals 1000dmg, and an enemy you shoot at has 10,000hp.
if you simply remove some zeroes.
now this weapon does 10dmg, and the enemy has 100hp. 

it takes you the exact same amount of time to kill this enemy, but the numbers are a smaller size that are far, far easier to manage in a balance situation. 

and for that matter, we're trimming mods, enemies, and powers back. i'm not even sure we'd need to trim guns, because then guns would be more relevant to the game, instead of mods

Edited by n7snk

also stealth kills must be instakill. no matter what and why.

Total agree whit this only but im not gona mather those mod thing your saying :)

for stealth kil must be instakill if you hit some one Vital Spot its death -,- its really stupid if you hit someone and keep living and run like a chicken to the 

Alarm D: DE we need insta kill even a double Damage + crit(what i never seen hapen) never kild one in pluto 

Lol lvl 1 melee weapons just became super op.

if you are able to perform stealth kill you got the S#&$ right. i see no way how it will break a game in ay sense. you waste alot of time to sneak up instead of shoot. i don't understand your concern at all. did you even tried to sneak up on someone and use stealth kill animation?

if you are able to perform stealth kill you got the S#&$ right. i see no way how it will break a game in ay sense. you waste alot of time to sneak up instead of shoot. i don't understand your concern at all. did you even tried to sneak up on someone and use stealth kill animation?

i did on pluto and they wont die on a Vital spot -,-;;;

EDIT:whit a Heat dagger (when i cut the throat it must be a insta kill... Vital spot you wil die for sure.. dont think on runing to the alarm you wil strugle on the ground and bleed to death)

Edited by Asuraknight

Yes I do actually. While badass indeed I don't think the later game enemies should all die from a stealth attack from any melee weapon at any rank with whatever mods they have or don't have.

Some mods take time to level up ( serration, hornet strike ) some are very easy to get fully levelled up (ammo/mag capacity etc). But to get a weapon to really be powerful it takes a lot of fusing. I feel as the problem is not the weapon mods but rather the abilities. Especially AoE ultis that make the game too easy. Take those away and you'll be glad you have those well modded weapons ;) At least make it that ultimates have 5 (or even 10 ) lvls to fuse. It's totally unbalanced how fast one can level up a frame's ultimate ability compared to a weapon or even survival mods. A fully formad/potatoed/modded weapon will be able to kill everything, but it will take time and effort, even against reasonably moderate levels of mobs. AoE ultis can clear a room in an instant, yet require minimal efforts to get at a good level of efficiency. Defo a part of the issue in this game imho.

Yes I do actually. While badass indeed I don't think the later game enemies should all die from a stealth attack from any melee weapon at any rank with whatever mods they have or don't have.

freaking learn to use your brain.

weapon - tool to take down enemy

effectivity of weapon is measured in time it takes to take down enemy

we can both agree that sneaking on enemies takes way more time than spraying gunfire in terms of neutralizing enemies. 

now where the heck your logic left you and do you need any more clues or additional explanation from me so you will finally get it?

Obviously you don't want to play stealth games and never tried.

I love playing stealth games and stealth kills are impossible on higher levels. It needs to be an instant kill.

This won't effect your gameplay at all. So don't even bother.

There is serious damage blot in Warframe, How much needs to be done to fix it, I don't know. But it is a problem that can only get worse once players on the PS4 figure out it takes ~250 hours of play before you can even hope to compete in the endgame (high level).

assassination insta-kill... Bosses?

Edited by Malaheart

Obviously you don't want to play stealth games and never tried.

I love playing stealth games and stealth kills are impossible on higher levels. It needs to be an instant kill.

This won't effect your gameplay at all. So don't even bother.

Translation:

Omg your opinion of stealth gameplay differs from mine you have obviously never played stealth games as I might be the best ever you should just give up on posting on this topic.

Aside from the above comment, so loki/ash could go stealth and one shot a room full of 20 guys in "stealth" including shielded enemies or bosses? 

Edited by RYN0C

If you want more balance in a game, nerfs are a big... Huge nono. Instead of nerfing, buff enemies, weps that need it more, etc.

Nerfs dont make the game better, buffs do.

i will try to explain it in really simple terms.

it doesn't matter in long run if you buff enemies or nerf weapons if you look from endgame perspective.

if you want game to be anyhow balanced, exclude your favourite "power creep" phenomena and avoid situations where engame and newgame balance is extremely different and even disconnected, you can go with buff way.

if you want to make balancing the game easy for yourself and designt and difficulty curve, you should start with nerfing mods, so all balancing will be around weapons and not mods.

is it clear enough?

There is serious damage blot in Warframe, How much needs to be done to fix it, I don't know. But it is a problem that can only get worse once players on the PS4 figure out it takes ~250 hours of play before you can even hope to compete in the endgame (high level).

assassination insta-kill... Bosses?

you are not able to stealth kill bosses btw. surprise?

i enjoy reading responses and opinions on stealth from people who never even tried it. keep it up folks.

Translation:

Omg your opinion of stealth gameplay differs from mine you have obviously never played stealth games as I might be the best ever you should just give up on posting on this topic.

do you have something usefull to say or just seeking attention?