General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Zarr & Exodia contagion - exploding ammo / suicide weapons ?

Umbriellan

Hello,

I don't know if it's a bug, or if it's intended to punish the player with difficult weapon to handle... but I tried to farm a bit the toroid on Fortuna with the Zarr & a zaw, equiped with a Rank-1 Exodia Contagion (throwing tomahawk after a bullet jump, or double jump, dealing a variety of damage according to the mods & initial viral from the weapon).

So I'm asking on the forum: is it normal that the cannonball of the Zarr & the infested tomahawk are exploding (and then doing self-damage, if no insta-kill) when meeting an enemy projectile ?

As I said, these weapons and/or "gimmick" are already difficult to handle properly without killing the owner in a pobber way...; and if it's a punishment then it's sad as the new kitguns are truly upgraded with the Pax (lokking at you: pax seeker!) - while the Exodia Contagion is downgrading the zaw...

Welcome to the world of explosives mate , they tried to help us with cautious shot wich was a bad way to do so ( and still doesn't reduce damage enough to not one shot myself ) as one one will want to change their build for such a simple feature .

i wish every explosive was like the old tonkor , still deal damage to you , but not enough to straight up delete yourself in a single click ...

Edited by TEK-5

Il y a 8 heures, TEK-5 a dit :

Welcome to the world of explosives mate

*_*
Wait, so it's a "normal mechanic working as intented" that the infested tomahawk explode if shot by an enemy ? 
I might put exodia contagion away from Fortuna... to only use it on the Plague Star event... damned

Exodia contagion has a mechanic that rewards long throws. at higher ranks it can triple or quadruple the damage if it travels 30m or more, so if used to get the proc you don't risk killing yourself. It's a very good bombardment exodia, but yes, bad to bring around to tight quarters because you have to be aware if you double jumped or bullet jumped so you DON'T press the melee button.

Il y a 15 heures, UncaIroh a dit :

Exodia contagion has a mechanic that rewards long throws. at higher ranks it can triple or quadruple the damage if it travels 30m or more, so if used to get the proc you don't risk killing yourself. It's a very good bombardment exodia, but yes, bad to bring around to tight quarters because you have to be aware if you double jumped or bullet jumped so you DON'T press the melee button.

I totally agree with your description; but the thing is that the Projectile itself seems to explode mid-air due to a contact with enemy-bullets/projectiles - and when a dozen of corpus units are shooting at you (mostly thinking of the Jackal-type of unit that have weapons with no travel-time) you are sure to kill yourself, with your tomahawk blowing-up immediatly.