Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equipping archgun on ground... if you can

Zi-Sui

I didn't notice a topic about this on the first page, much to my wonder, so gotta make one.

You can't equip the archgun sometimes. This has happened to me only on multiplayer, public squads, and seems it happens to others at the same time as well, at least sometimes (not many people communicate in publics you know). I've soloed the profit-taker maybe 4-5 times, duoed it with a clanmate about the same amount of times, and I dont think I ever encountered this bug then. But when I go public, this bug suddenly appears almost 30-40% of the time.

I am usually not the host and suspect this might not be a problem for the host, because someone is almost always doing damage to profit-taker legs and orb despite of others having this bug. And the worst part is, sometimes you can't circumvent this bug no matter what you do. Sometimes you just have to try again once and it works, sometimes you have to do all kinds of tricks before it starts working like switch regular weapons, mount archwing and press esc, sometimes nothing helps no matter how inventive you get. 

It makes public squads a bit more liable on profit-taker and that's not really a big problem but it's infuriating that you can't contribute and make the fight faster and smoother in the important part, but have to sit there powerlessly and hope somebody else does the job.

I've not even used arch-guns anywhere else than in the profit-taker fight so can't comment on this appearing anywhere else. I've only used Velocitus when encountered this bug, used Fluctus and Phaedra both once and didnt encounter this bug with them.

Also offtopic, Fluctus does very disappointing on the profit-taker fight, you should look into that too at some point. Phaedra doesn't seem much better but it seems to be doing something at least.

fluctus suffers from the same problems as other weapons with punch through. Since it has a huge aoe, if any of it hits the leg, you won't be able to damage the main body. Unless you're complaining that a slash weapon isn't doing too well against shields and armor?

That said, +1 on velocitus not swapping right. Sometimes I have difficulty bringing it out (and it's not on cooldown) or it's difficult to switch back to normal weapons. Happens when I'm a client and I just use archwing launcher to force the switch.

Edited by UncaIroh

No, not complaining about Fluctus doing lackluster damage, I should had been more spesific: Fluctus does NO damage at all on a lot of the shots, even to the legs. My clanmate had the exact same problem with his Fluctus.

Yeah my Velocitus was not on cooldown either ever when I tried to switch but it just didn't switch a lot of times. Sometimes moving a meter or two helps, sometimes hitting the switch in gear wheel a few times helps, some rare times it doesn't help.

It seems like the Fluctus has the same problem that certain weapons had against Eidolon limbs. DE is just too unforgiving with weapons that have an AOE and/or really large projectiles. It's the same thing that happens with the Catchmoon when you're trying to hit enemies behind obstacles. If you hit anything that isn't the enemy/limb it sometimes just treats it as if no damage happened at all, even tho the projectile hits multiple things and should register a hit on the enemy. DE just needs to work on how hits are registered for certain weapons. None of the weapons that have that problem are object based projectiles. They're always waves or beams, so I don't understand why they can't hit both and still deal damage.

Not sure if I am missing sth but it seems to me you are overlooking the cooldown of Archguns.

This would explain why it's usually in pugs, because they are faster.

You have a 5 minute cooldown after equipping it and it is reduced by collecting the Arch-gun ammo packs dropped by the Fluctus wielding enemies. 

I don't know your gear or that of your teammates, but maybe it takes you longer than those 5 minutes to get to the phases were you need it again.

As a client, there appear to be some random bug of cannot switch weapon. Cannot use exalted blade, cannot switch weapons, cannot quick melee attack, cannot switch to Synthesis scanner. Archgun might as well fail to work with this bug, although I haven't tried using it while having this bug. This can happen in regular mission.