Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pls revert the relic system

TheWhitterMatter

I will always say this, and people who don't remember the past will disagree with me, but the old void system was king. While people say the current system works, its just more grind for the same amount of rng, Its the reason I don't have all the things that I still need. its the reason me and friends spent over 50 relics just to get one part. The old system, while it took a little longer to maybe get something we wanted, also ran with the face we didn't have to grind as much for the damn relics( keys). If we were good enough as players, we could use the system to get better rewards, and/or more rewards. I remember when people would go and do endless missions and get S#&$ tons of loot on one #*!%ing key. Why can't we have this option? I didn't want this new system, and I know a lot of vets didn't like it in the end. I just want this option back so I can enjoy the game more. That was the thing that I loved to do all the time and ever since they took it away, my interest has been draining away in this game. Nothing has been really exciting to me until today I saw the Mara Detron back in the shop today(I missed it last time).

• Like 1

In exchange for getting less bang for your buck, it's way easier nowadays to get that one part you're looking for.

It's a worthwhile tradeoff IMO, the bad luck you're describing would've been truly nightmarish
with Void Keys and the good stuff only dropping on Rotation C, no thanks no I don't wanna go back you can't make me

In my opinion, the old void system was way better. It was the OG test for players who like high-level content. You could extract from a mission with a massive haul of prime loot. Who cares if you didn't get the part you wanted, sell what you don't want as junk and by the part you do need with plat! It also made the Void more exclusive and special. Now it's just a regular old tileset with no unique purpose (which lore implies it clearly does.)

This new system as the OP suggests is just more grind for the same rng. What's the point? The void traces make little to know difference anyway. And having to keep track of specifically labeled relics is just unnecessary. 

I could go into a lot more about the flaws of the relic system but those are my real gripes about the new void system. 

:sadcry: the old good days in void ..

well that was something to remember

Sewer Camping for hrs

farming parts until you fall in sleep

and in the end we all got burned out 

Becuase there wasn't any challenge to this system 

The old void system well iam glad that its changed to something more worth

now you need to grind for each part instead sitting still in an corner and spam 4

So to much camping to much parts and to quickly burned out of the game .. 

o and i did forgot Ducate abuse .. how people got easy ducates while others struggled for it 

Devs rebalanced it to many times now .. 

don't change it back to the old ways

Camping is useless now .. so the old system that came with it

-- Devs need to make the relics more accurate towards the void fissures .. Intact flawless radiant 

wasting to much radiants for relics that only give rewards from the intact

make this better than the system should be fine again 

I have to agree. Been spending the past 3 days (almost 12 hours a day; holidays) just trying to get another Hydroid for more cosmetic slots. What hurt the most about all those wasted relics wasn't just not getting the part I wanted, but the fact I had to then go and farm more void traces. In the old days I would've happily jumped into a survival with a single key and gone on for hours, because even if I didn't get the part at least I didn't have to use a key for every 5 minutes I was in there, and I didn't have to farm more and more traces between. This newer system has done nothing but add a new layer of grinding ontop of the grinding. The content isn't difficult; it's just tedious. If their intent was to reduce burnout, I'm astounded they thought the way to reduce burnout was to force you to farm so you can farm.

On 2018-12-28 at 7:22 AM, TheWhitterMatter said:

I will always say this, and people who don't remember the past will disagree with me, but the old void system was king. [...]

Parricularly Horrible attempt at a hasty generalization there. 

I prefer to get a toy with every happy meal than no prize most of the time. Current system is an improvement.

• Like 1

Some people are forgetting that it wasn't just prime parts that you would get, but mods, fusion cores and forma blueprints. A very bad run even to 40 mins you could walk out with only cores and maybe 1-2 prime parts. All the best gear in rotation C defense pr survival with the pool being overly saturated. No thanks not going back to that hellscape ever again.