Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blade Storm

legionprobatio

it's a very fair point, because Bladestorm currently and has always operated as such:

Ash wants to use Bladestorm to kill a bunch of enemies.
any other frame in the game kills all of the enemies in the 3 rooms around Ash inadvertantly before Ash even gets to the second enemy.
Ash cries and wonders why his 4th slot power is effectively useless (but yes, cool).

i'm not sure about all at the same time, though. yes, Bladestorm is cool with it's sort of press button, watch moving of 15 enemies getting stabbed in the back. 

but it doesn't work with the pace of Warframe. maybe if Bladestorm created 15 ghosts of Ash and they all simultaneously backstabbed all targets at the same time, or something other than it currently is. 

it's too much cool factor, and not enough actually useful factor. 

Edited by taiiat

It's combat rogue's killing spree from World of Warcraft, the only difference is things die too quickly in Warframe and it does not target the same enemies multiple times, so it's useless for bosses.

Honestly this ability has always caused trouble and I for one would like to see it totally reworked or replaced. But i'm also tired of kill X in range ults.

Put me into the "I really really REALLY like the animation"-camp. Just clones killing the other enemies would not look like Ash did it himself to me.

What could work is him speeding up with every kill (so the animations get faster and faster), after 3-5 animations all other targets are killed simultaneously (using clones)

i dont have an ash. but i do agree blade storm needs to be reworked, as of right now i have a great deal of fun as saryn, or rhino trolling ashes. every enemy turns red and then use miasma or rhino stomp and everyones dead effectivly making bladestorm useless and wasting ashes energy pool. then you just sit back and hear them complain that their energy was now wasted thanks to you. its halirous.  but to be fair i think the animations are nice but overall unnessacary. bladestorm should be something more along the lines that ash jumps into the air and throws a ton of large shurikens all around him, thus effectivly giving him a good AOE effect like all the other frames and making him actually useful.

Absolutely, unequivocally, *no*. Blade Storm is the best ultimate in the game, because it is so aesthetically pleasing and strays away from the 'Press 4 - everything nuked' formula of most other ultimates. Personally I couldn't care less that it isn't the most utterly efficient.  If Warframe doesn't have needlessly flashy style to the abilites then it's left with very little to offer!

I need to go along with most of the guys here, that Ash's Ultimate is just fine as it is now. It was, even before the buff.

It is different than the other Warframes' ulti. It kills slowly, but reliable. An Ash ulti takes its time, but kills nearly everything it hits. If they made it quicker, it would just line up among the other AoE ultimates and make Ash way more boring. I like the uniqueness he gets by this. This designs him more to be a Warframe for Raids, Sabotges and such and less a Warframe for Defenses. He's got his weakness and strength. Work with that and you'll be the true Warframe Master. Gotta catch 'em all.