Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to get lenses associated with schools?

(PSN)Root_Jail

So I might be a stupid player but I didn't found a way to get new lenses associated with schools (naramon/zenurik/etc) and I am really worried sick about it because I only found the plat purchase one and didn't want to buy it....

Long story short I putted my lens on my NORMAL excali boy and didn't know that you can get the umbra variant by completing the quest on the codex....after I found out and got the umbra.....i don't have  another lens associated with schools... My bad mostly 

As far as Regular Focus Lenses are concerned:

Regular Focus Lenses convert 1.25% of excess affinity earned into Focus points. These lenses can be acquired as rewards from Bounties (level 20-40 and 30-50) offered by Konzu in Cetus on the Plains of Eidolon. Alternatively, they can also be traded between players.

For Greater Focus Lenses:

Greater Lenses convert 1.75% of excess Affinity into Focus points, 40% more than the regular Focus Lens. Blueprints can be bought with credits from the Components section of the Market upon completing The Second Dream quest, with complete Greater Lenses purchasable for Platinum64 40. Greater Lenses cannot be traded.

For Eidolon Lenses:

Eidolon Lenses convert 2.25% of excess Affinity into Focus points, 28.5% more than a Greater Focus Lens and 80.0% more than a regular Focus lens. Their blueprints can be obtained from Bounties, or traded between players. Similarly, Eidolon Lens Conversions are blueprints with a similar function, acquired from Incursions. Crafted Eidolon Lenses that have been attributed to a school can be traded between players. Eidolon Lenses require a Greater Focus Lens from any of the 5 Tenno Schools to craft.

You can get Lens by running bounties in Cetus or Fortuna.

Other than that, you can also trade them with other players. It's probably cheap to get them that way since lots of players will have tons of lens around.

And btw, none of that is your fault, the game does a terrible job explaining that stuff to begin with. I suggest doing some research in the wiki as that can help you avoid some of those pit falls.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

This doesn't belong in the Feedback Forum. Go to General Discussion, or just read the wiki.

It doesn't, but it does highlight some good feedback in that the game does a really bad job telling people how to utilize and progress the operator system. It's not at all intuitive and burying it behind PoE progression makes it hard to get into.