Banishing enemies banishes teammates, and banishing teammates banishes enemies. This should be changed.

owendawgx

Ever since banish became AOE, if I aim at an enemy and banish it, it banishes that enemy, all enemies in an area behind it, and all teammates in that same area.

If I'm banishing an enemy, it's because I want the enemy gone, not because I want to banish my teammates to the same place I'm trying to put the enemy, and my teammates don't want it either. 

This is especially apparent if you're trying to banish the rollers on today's Kela de Thaym sortie but you cant because your teammates are knocked off the button when they're banished, making you a detriment. Limbo used to be amazing for this, but since Banish became aoe, he's more of a detriment for the first pads section before the fight (which is the hardest part of the whole fight for most pubs).

Please make it so targeting an enemy with banish only banishes enemies, and targeting a teammate only banishes teammates.

14 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Try reducing your range when you are playing certain team missions. Know your mission types. Defense people may not complain you are mass banishing. If they do not wish to be banished they can easily roll out. Limbo has been vastly improved to consider other player/team mate needs.

This. I've played Limbo extensively since the changes were implemented and you can't just spam abilities expecting perfection like you can with other frames. Limbo takes a little finesse, and when you're too heavy-handed you make a lot more mistakes.

TBH you should never even bother with banish if you're trying to send people to the rift. Go with minimum range and max duration and enjoy godmode. Any mission that isn't a static defense will benefit from this playstyle. Especially since they changed how stasis works.

Basically you do this:

Roll to enter rift

Initiate stasis

Drop a cataclysm amidst a group of enemies

Group is frozen and there is no risk of taking damage because you're outside the cataclysm

Snipe the heck out of the frozen targets

Repeat as needed

Win

You can use this method to lock down hallways and stuff while being far away from the bubble. You can safely refresh stasis because you're far away from the cataclysm, and you can safely pop cataclysm for burst damage without being forced out of the rift.

On 2018-12-29 at 9:13 AM, Leqesai said:

Basically you do this:

Roll to enter rift

Initiate stasis

Drop a cataclysm amidst a group of enemies

Group is frozen and there is no risk of taking damage because you're outside the cataclysm

Snipe the heck out of the frozen targets

Repeat as needed

Win

You missed 1 step after dropping the cata (for op scenario). Cast Rift Surge then drop cata. And voila. Enemies in the rift and teammates are not. There's nothing more annoying than being banished in the middle of a firefight. 

OP needs to spend more time and learn how his skills synergise. Its been said many times. Limbo is by far the most difficult frame to master. And it doesn't help that some enemies are mysteriously immune to stasis and in some cases, the rift itself. 

Edited by tychondus

4 hours ago, tychondus said:

You missed 1 step after dropping the cata (for op scenario). Cast Rift Surge then drop cata. And voila. Enemies in the rift and teammates are not. There's nothing more annoying than being banished in the middle of a firefight

Would u suggest a high range or small range as best for a build focused around this?