Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Inspect Function to Warframe

MPonder

A lot of other games, you could inspect people gear before doing endgame instances.

Right now, I can think only of Eidolon where this would be good, so you could check if your chroma is using Serration/Heavy caliber (which is bad), mods, mods ranks, schools, amps, arcanes, etc. I dunno about other content that people need to check if people is geared or not, don't do ESO nor endurance runs.

Hate will be big here, but I don't care.

• Like 2

Soo, meta or gtfo?

What a great idea *stabs brain*

You know there are clans and communities that are dedicated to efficient squadding, right? Save yourself time and frustration by picking up people there instead. 

People abandoning public games because they don't agree with some random peoples choices of frame and gear is bad as it is already. Good luck with even starting a full session of perfectly geard random players. I'm sure some of them would have opinions on your gear as well. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChatNinja said:

Are you saying a Chroma using the two main primary damage mods is bad?

Everything else aside, Chroma's damage buff stacks additively (not multiplicatively) with base damage mods and outscales them heavily enough that they're pretty much a wasted spot that could be better used for other forms of damage increasing mods like elements or crit.

if for instance, you had a Chroma with a 1000% damage bonus vex armor, and then added serration's 165% to your weapon, you wouldn't get 2650% base damage, you'd get 1165%.

This is of course if you use your Chroma only for eidolon hunting.

Edited by rapt0rman

6 hours ago, SirTobe said:

People abandoning public games because they don't agree with some random peoples choices of frame and gear is bad as it is already. Good luck with even starting a full session of perfectly geard random players. I'm sure some of them would have opinions on your gear as well. 

With inspect = If you were geared, nobody would leave, even with a no meta frame.

No inspect = They leave, because they dunno if you are or not geard and you are already playing a weak frame. Logic.

6 hours ago, Thaelyn2 said:

Player driven gear gating  ruins games. Please don’t try to drag Warframe down into that sewer. 

It is already gated buy number of runs and frames, since inspect don't exist. If it did exist, you could let someone with a fewer runs and not high MR do if you see that the guy did put effort on ranking his mods, doing the right build and putting focus on the right nodes.

6 hours ago, JeyJeyBazooka said:

public toilets, does it ring a bell? 😄

(Max enhance itens +15) A max +7 guy can't get in, ask why, ring a bell. Complain about judging him about gear arguing that he can do easily, at some point, you let one of these in, a run that usually was 10 mins, take 40 mins, ring a bell.

You guys crying about gearing man. Warframe  is not even hard to gear, just show how lazy you all are. Not even get close to stuffs like Dragon Nest, Tera, Kritika, Blade & Soul, etc.

No effort to gear, no effort to read some guides and improve = cry about not getting in on endgame runs.

Edited by MPonder
  • Like 1

Thank you, OP, for clearly illustrating the toxicity of your own suggestion. 

The sheer arrogance of yourself, and others of your ilk, thinking that it is up to you what the “right” build for someone else to play is or isn’t is precisely why ideas like this are best left out of the game. If you want to be sure you only play with people to whom number crunching is priority one then the game already has the tools for you to do that.

But that’s not what you want, is it?  You want to impose your own view of how other people should play onto anyone with the temerity to think for themselves. Who is the one who came to the forum “crying”, as you so self righteously put it?  Here’s a hint, it’s the one who’s upset that he doesn’t have a tool to facilitate his elitism. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MPonder said:

I didn't mean "right" build, just good build, lol. Forgot I have to draw so people can understand.

And why should I bother hearing people judge my build when it works for me? I had a guy judging me by actively looking to my profile, check if i bothered using zenistar and started drama that way.

Who is it to say my build is good or not when it works for me?

Edited by keyosbringer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MPonder said:

I ddin't mean "right" build, just good build, lol. Forgot I have to draw so people can understand.

Except there are so many people do think there are "right" builds, and this would absolutely give them the tool they need to be... tools.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MPonder said:

With inspect = If you were geared, nobody would leave, even with a no meta frame.

As someone else said, that is NOT how people work. At all. Letting people see builds is only gonna make everything worse for joining content. "Meta" or gtfo" indeed.

18 minutes ago, MPonder said:

I didn't mean "right" build, just good build, lol. Forgot I have to draw so people can understand.

That’s precisely the point. You are not the arbiter of what is a “good build”. It’s only your arrogance that suggests otherwise to you. 

And also remember, there are people, just picking meta builds, fully geared the "right" way in your sense... but simply unable to play thoses builds. Copy/past doesn't make you a good player, where the most important beside getting decent gear, is your ability to do the "right things at the right moment".

Problem is with your idea, it will force meta game farther than it's already is, and doesn't garantee any success.

You can find tons of meta geared player that will just slow you because they simply don't do the task they geared for.  This idea is basically bad.
What you need actually is finding a clan, do premade party, and communicate.

You just reached the limits of solo playing a multiplayer game...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thaelyn2 said:

That’s precisely the point. You are not the arbiter of what is a “good build”. It’s only your arrogance that suggests otherwise to you. 

0 Hydrolist

8 minutes ago, Atsia said:

As someone else said, that is NOT how people work. At all. Letting people see builds is only gonna make everything worse for joining content. "Meta" or gtfo" indeed.

It is always Meta, you always gonna be judged with the little information people get from you. If there is none, their gonna judge by your class. Except for the instances ones that were the most difficult about all the other considered endgame, which usually their were pretty specific which class they wanted, I never saw people been kicked for playing no meta class considered they were geared. I remember a lot of time, changing completily my opnion about a class that people usually said it was bad after seeing a good player with it.

Not enough info, let you be misjudged. Like I just did.

7 hours ago, MPonder said:

You guys crying about gearing man. Warframe  is not even hard to gear, just show how lazy you all are. Not even get close to stuffs like Dragon Nest, Tera, Kritika, Blade & Soul, etc.

No effort to gear, no effort to read some guides and improve = cry about not getting in on endgame runs.

New_Yorker_Illustration_By_Justin_Bilick

36 minutes ago, MPonder said:

0 Hydrolist

It is always Meta, you always gonna be judged with the little information people get from you. If there is none, their gonna judge by your class. Except for the instances ones that were the most difficult about all the other considered endgame, which usually their were pretty specific which class they wanted, I never saw people been kicked for playing no meta class considered they were geared. I remember a lot of time, changing completily my opnion about a class that people usually said it was bad after seeing a good player with it.

Not enough info, let you be misjudged. Like I just did.

You are walking, living proof of why your suggestion belongs nowhere near Warframe.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MPonder said:

A lot of other games, you could inspect people gear before doing endgame instances.

Right now, I can think only of Eidolon where this would be good, so you could check if your chroma is using Serration/Heavy caliber (which is bad), mods, mods ranks, schools, amps, arcanes, etc. I dunno about other content that people need to check if people is geared or not, don't do ESO nor endurance runs.

Hate will be big here, but I don't care.

It wouldnt be useful for eidolons even. The difference between a proper Chroma setup and a min-max weapon build is so minimal in the long run to begin with. If you really only want min-maxed builds for eidolons you can always make a group with people you know. Or you know, you could always be that Chroma yourself.

If you need an inspect feature for successful eidolon hunts you are doing something wrong to begin with. 

Warframe "end game" isnt really on a level of the end game in other games, so gear check needs arent even near the same ballpark in WF.