Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Inspect Function to Warframe

MPonder

@spyroxion

Nah, you never brought any good argument, don't fool yourself. I'm a guy that will always be against grind that even if I did, I'll never defend if I think that the amount of nolife someone has to put to get to that point is abysmally high.

1- Warframe is not any of those asian games, with tons of grind, those loot box with tons of RNG, rng on rng, etc, and that's what I said and only reason to talk about those games. Warframe is easy to gear, most of the good warframe mods can either be farmed on Direlict or doing the sacrifice quest. Endo is easy to get with Arena and the map that you farm Nidus with Ayatan sculpture hunt. And nobody that know how to play the game would kick you for using normal flow instead of the primed version.

So you really shouldn't be afraid of getting "gated", unless you lazyness is so high that even in Warframe you can't gear.

2- Elitist doesn't exist. Gated is usually something that I also don't find, unless the game clearly can't let you in if you are not at some item level. You can always go in, you are free to find people that put the same effort that you put and go. The problem where such memes like elitist and gated appear is because lazy people try to go in shameless with people that really put their blood in the game.

3- I do think "good build" is how it works. Using LoL as an example since meta is a thing. Only when I was playing in bronze level accounts that people really trash talk me about either champion picks or builds,  threaten me to troll in champ select, etc, etc. even when I was carrying their asses. Rarelly never happened on gold+ accounts. People expecting you to follow some build blindly with so much toxic, if they leave, they are just doing you a favor, if they don't, you probably should leave, unless you think you can carry their asses.

4- Never talked about farming upvote.

5- I never talked about never seen elitist here, I just never saw any in my life in all MMOs/Coops online I played.

5- I dunno about me being toxic, I'm definitily not polite. Do you guys even know what is toxic? It is a word used so badly now a days.

8 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Elitist doesn't exist. Gated is usually something that I also don't find, unless the game clearly can't let you in if you are not at some item level. You can always go in, you are free to find people that put the same effort that you put and go. The problem where such memes like elitist and gated appear is because lazy people try to go in shameless with people that really put their blood in the game.

Hmm. I have to disagree here. And FYI I'm not trying to attack you like the other 98% of this thread.

You say you've done Eidolon hunts...so you seriously have not encountered elitist players?

When I did try doing them with a group the Elitist mentality of folks was frighteningly overwhelming.

"I" personally never had an issue as I had progressed with Focus further, and I never had an issue teaching players what to do, & I'm naturally chill.

If we got a tri-cap we got one. If not....well who cares?

I Solo all 3 so I never felt a need to ostracize others.

However, I often left groups so I could invite those whom others berated or harassed into leaving because they didn't play to the meta, have the "perfect amp" or in 1 case "didn't have enough Operator hp".

Honestly the only Eidolon that I had issues with when I had less experienced or undergeared players with was the Hydrolyst. But I typically just asked them to handle the Vomvalysts in those situations.

2 hours ago, MPonder said:

@spyroxion

Nah, you never brought any good argument, don't fool yourself. I'm a guy that will always be against grind that even if I did, I'll never defend if I think that the amount of nolife someone has to put to get to that point is abysmally high.

1- Warframe is not any of those asian games, with tons of grind, those loot box with tons of RNG, rng on rng, etc, and that's what I said and only reason to talk about those games. Warframe is easy to gear, most of the good warframe mods can either be farmed on Direlict or doing the sacrifice quest. Endo is easy to get with Arena and the map that you farm Nidus with Ayatan sculpture hunt. And nobody that know how to play the game would kick you for using normal flow instead of the primed version.

So you really shouldn't be afraid of getting "gated", unless you lazyness is so high that even in Warframe you can't gear.

2- Elitist doesn't exist. Gated is usually something that I also don't find, unless the game clearly can't let you in if you are not at some item level. You can always go in, you are free to find people that put the same effort that you put and go. The problem where such memes like elitist and gated appear is because lazy people try to go in shameless with people that really put their blood in the game.

3- I do think "good build" is how it works. Using LoL as an example since meta is a thing. Only when I was playing in bronze level accounts that people really trash talk me about either champion picks or builds,  threaten me to troll in champ select, etc, etc. even when I was carrying their asses. Rarelly never happened on gold+ accounts. People expecting you to follow some build blindly with so much toxic, if they leave, they are just doing you a favor, if they don't, you probably should leave, unless you think you can carry their asses.

4- Never talked about farming upvote.

5- I never talked about never seen elitist here, I just never saw any in my life in all MMOs/Coops online I played.

5- I dunno about me being toxic, I'm definitily not polite. Do you guys even know what is toxic? It is a word used so badly now a days.

Don't fool my self? Lol okay, it seems like you made this topic just to argue with people since anyone who has opposite opinion (not just me, others as well) is a retard and their arguments are bad. Anyhow.

1 - yes, warframe is not one of those asian p2w and grind like it's your main job games. However, you started assuming mine and others set ups and think that we are "afraid" of it. Well I might be mr12 only, but my frame, primary, secondary and melee mods has 2-3 primed mods each (and key ones) all maxed out, umbra mods maxed out and of course normal and corrupted mods maxed out and everything that I use forma'ed enough time to hold all primed mods that I need. I took my time to stop from farming MR and focus on improving my combat power, I am totally not afraid of this system, that's not the point, point is maintaining sane and friendly community.

2 - In warframe you won't really find elitists and no one wants them that's why most are against your opinion. If you want to find them - asian mmo market is full of them with B&S holding the crown as king of elitist gaming community (believe me, I played more than I should have to confirm it)

3 - point is, you keep saying "I do think" "I don't think". Great, that's how you think and I applause that, HOWEVER, not everyone will be like that and inspect will enforce this kind of behavior in between players that is going to spread within time which will bring in black nasty spot on our community. As I said before, it's of course a chance for it to happen like this, but with peoples experience in other games - it's too big of a chance to risk it.

4 - my bad, it was fishy (seriously we need in forums to be able to set our own avatars but that's my personal issue)

5 - well you either never reached end game in any of those games or you was just so lucky compared to all of us bringing arguments from other games. If YOU didn't experience it - it doesn't mean that it's not there. Think outside your own bubble.  But looking at your one especially toxic reply and wanting this kind of system, I feel like that you were one of those players therefore you didn't really "experience" it as you was part of that group of people.

• Like 1

I do not know... The best way to see how good someone else is? Watch them playing. The best way to find your dream team? Socialize with players who impressed you. Taking sneak peeks at people builds maaaaay be helpful, but the potential drama! We have GD for that.

23 минуты назад, Aldain сказал:

Always nice to see the community stand united in making topics like this hilarious.

I wonder, how many impressionable Tenno watch from sidelines. Becouse it seems that to post here you have to capture at least one Hydrolist? I hope it is not solo? I will see myself out if it is the case!

Edited by rand0mname

Inspect functions typically exist in other games for players to see another's gear and accomplishments...Not,strictly speaking, their build.

It can also typically be made private in many games with the feature...Because being examined without consent is rather creepy to some.

Asking to see someone's build is behavior you should leave for recruited groups....And you should have to ask.

Absent that, you can view a players profile and let that suffice to inform you on the depth of their exposure to the game.

As to it being "elitist" or "toxic"?

There is really no content in Warframe that warrants this type of request so it fits as potentially both.

No week-long lockouts for specific content.

Little to no content that requires a group to complete.

Drop rates tend to be so low that content is tuned with the expectation of completing it multiple times (it's easy by design).

That's not to say that there are no games with content where this type of expectation does make sense...It just isn't this game.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

It's a bad idea.  Period.  The same people who want this are the same ones who would jump for joy over a vote kick option.  Just because you personally would use a feature to learn from it does not mean others will not use it as a weapon to belittle or harass others who are not "up to par".  All it takes are a few instances of this being abused before it starts to affect the rest of the community.  This is a casual horde shooter, not a hardcore MMO.

You can be disappointed, that is your natural right.  It still is a bad idea.  Period.

From the responses in this thread, people mostly attribute toxicity towards Eidolons and not particularily an inspect option in itself.

Vote kicking and gear inspection are also very different concepts. One deals with matchmaking issues, the other is just an advanced way to /profile somebody.
Sorry if you confuse the two haha 😛

Anyways, I can see this idea being on the table if/when DE addresses Eidolons and also when new Trials are introduced like they mentioned last Devstream.

9 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

From the responses in this thread, people mostly attribute toxicity towards Eidolons and not particularily an inspect option in itself.

Vote kicking and gear inspection are also very different concepts. One deals with matchmaking issues, the other is just an advanced way to /profile somebody.
Sorry if you confuse the two haha 😛

Anyways, I can see this idea being on the table if/when DE addresses Eidolons and also when new Trials are introduced like they mentioned last Devstream.

Eidolons and inspect option are just tied together, it will be first place where it will be actually put in use in serious maner thus leading into toxicity and elitism over the time. I don't think any higher rank players care about what set up others has on normal star chart or PoE bounties.

5 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

Eidolons and inspect option are just tied together, it will be first place where it will be actually put in use in serious maner thus leading into toxicity and elitism over the time. I don't think any higher rank players care about what set up others has on normal star chart or PoE bounties.

Toxicity and elitism is caused by the Eidolons, not an inspect option.

People have been sharing Warframe builds long before they even existed in this game.

Like I mentioned, I think this would be a nice feature in the future, but it just won't fit in the game until DE addresses the problem of Eidolons for public players. (Which I personally don't see as a problem since I only did them with my clan anyway.)

Edited by Fishyflakes

12 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Toxicity and elitism is caused by the Eidolons, not an inspect option.

People have been sharing Warframe builds long before they even existed in this game.

Like I mentioned, I think this would be a nice feature in the future, but it just won't fit in the game until DE addresses the problem of Eidolons for public players. (Which I personally don't see as a problem since I only did them with my clan anyway.)

Depending on the region, NA is actualy pretty ok to do 5x3 eidolon in public parties, south america (my region) otherwise, good lucky doing at least 2x3.

Now about just talking to konzu and getting in, well, it is usually bad, but if you are good, you can do 3x3 sometimes.

Edited by MPonder