AndouRaiton

Stats at max rank:

Health: 1000

Shields: 0

Armour: 50

Energy: 200

Sprint Speed: 1.2

Special mechanic: Haunt

A haunted enemy, indicated by a cyan orb in the center of the enemy, will have additional effects placed on them by Geist’s abilities. Note that haunting enemies using any ability will not alter them and haunting is permanent.

Passive:

If Geist is killed by a haunted enemy, they possess that enemy instead of dying. However, your health will be at a quarter of max Health after leaving possession.

First Ability: Haunt

Costs 25 energy

Geist haunts all enemies in a cone in front of him, 30 degrees and 20m. If used on a haunted enemy, the enemy will have their armor lowered by 20% for 10 seconds.

The length and angle of the cone increase with power range. The debuff's duration is effected by power duration. The debuff's percentage increases with power strength.

Augment; using Haunt on Haunted enemies has a 5/10/15/20% chance to drop an energy orb worth 25 energy. To help with energy management as Geist is energy hungry.

Second Ability: Wisps

Costs 50 energy

Geist summons 5 wisps that distract enemies for 15s and deal 100 cold damage when coming into contact with an enemy. If a wisp touches a haunted enemy they will have a cold proc placed on them for 6 seconds and the damage done to the enemy will heal Geist by the same amount. Note that wisps do not have health and are strictly duration based and act similarly to Titania's Razorflys.

The wisp AI will have it so it will go from closest enemy to closest enemy prioritizing haunted enemies that don't have a cold proc on them else it will target any haunted enemies with cold procs. will only target non-haunted enemies when there are no haunted enemies. Wisps also can go through walls and enemies meaning they can't get stuck.

The number of wisps cannot be increased. The damage of the wisps will increase with power strength. The duration of the wisps being out is increased by power duration.

Augment; Enemies with cold procs have a 10/15/20/25 percent chance to spawn an additional wisp on death that last for the remaining duration of the ability. To reap more reward for the ability. Note if the ability is not in use then killing cold proced enemies will NOT spawn additional wisps. Number of additional wisps is capped at 5 (10 total).

Third Ability: Spectral Form

Costs 50 energy. Energy drain: 5/s

Geist enters a spectral form, becoming invisible and invincible and forced into melee.

In this state Geist can pass through enemies but not terrain, enemies passed through will be haunted and haunted enemies passed through will be disarmed and opened to finishers.

In this form Geist cannot interact with objects or pick up loot. Furthermore, his movement is reduced. His roll becomes a dash, similar to Limbo's, however will make you visible. He can still sprint but his sprint speed is reduced to 0.9.

Note, you will still trigger spy vault lasers if you dash into them.

The energy drain is decreased with power duration and power efficiency. The speed decrease is lowered by power strength.

Augment; Passing through haunted enemies will leave a radiation proc for 2/4/6/8 seconds. This is for added light CC to be used in battle, not recommended for stealth.

Forth Ability: Possession

Costs 75 energy

Geist possesses a haunted enemy. If the surrounding enemies are alarmed, they will attack immediately, else they will not be suspicious.

Geist will no longer be able to use his other abilities except for your forth. Using the forth ability again or if your host is killed, it will trigger a blind effect to all nearby enemies in line of sight for 5 seconds and force Geist out of the host. Note coming out doesn’t cost energy.

Geist will be able to use the equipment and abilities the possessed enemy had as well as have the health, shields and armor the enemy did at the time of possession.  All debuffs or status aliments will also be removed from the enemy.

Enemy weapons when possessed will gain the effects of the corresponding mods Geist has on his weapons. Further, movement is restricted to enemy movement; i.e. no bullet jump.

The amount of health, shields, armor are determined by the enemy and it's level. The blind duration is increased with power duration.

Augment; leaving the host will cause the host to lose 25/50/75/100% armor and shields for 2/3/4/5 seconds. Unaffected by mods and promotes switching possession targets by weakening previous ones.

For example:

Arson Eximus Heavy Gunner

Primary: Gorgon

Secondary: None

Melee: Sheev

Abilities:

1: Ground slam

2: Flame ring

Gorgon will be the same as the Gorgon players can get and it’s stats are affected by mods on Geist’s primary weapon. Similarly the Sheev will gain the mods from Geist’s melee weapon. Note that unique mods will not work on possessed enemy weapons, such as concealed explosives will not work on a pistol like the kraken.

Overall the intended play style is that you haunt a bunch of enemies using his 1, summon wisps then possess a target and wreck havoc. Use the 3 when low on health or when you need to be stealthy. Sometimes it's better to let yourself die if your being overwhelmed. Note he is not meant to do insane amounts of damage but to cause chaos among enemies and survive.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

• Like 1

Alright... Review Time.

Passive: Do you possess the haunted enemies to try and revive yourself or is that just kind of a permanent thing?

Mechanic: Innovation here is great, but i feel like the haunt should last a while, but shouldn't be permanent. But then again, they should not really be alive for long, anyway, so actually this would be just fine.

Stats: Is this health before or after ranking? This would not be too big a deal since the armor is so low, but it could n't hurt to know...

1st: 

4 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

Geist haunts all enemies in a cone in front of him, 30 degrees and 20m. If used on a haunted enemy, the enemy will have their armor lowered by 20% for 10 seconds.

This seems to leave the door open to "I don't like your armor, so i'll spam it off of you". Which is fine, but some clarification would be nice...

2nd: 

4 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

Geist summons 5 wisps that distract enemies for 15s and deal 100 cold damage when coming into contact with an enemy. If a wisp touches a haunted enemy they will have a cold proc placed on them for 6 seconds and the damage done to the enemy will heal Geist by the same amount. Note that wisps do not have health and are strictly duration based and act similarly to Titania's Razorflys.

The wisp AI will have it so it will go from closest enemy to closest enemy prioritizing haunted enemies that don't have a cold proc on them else it will target any haunted enemies with cold procs. will only target non-haunted enemies when there are no haunted enemies. Wisps also can go through walls and enemies meaning they can't get stuck.

The number of wisps cannot be increased. The damage of the wisps will increase with power strength. The duration of the wisps being out is increased by power duration.

Augment; Enemies with cold procs have a 10/15/20/25 percent chance to spawn an additional wisp on death that last for the remaining duration of the ability. To reap more reward for the ability. Note if the ability is not in use then killing cold proced enemies will NOT spawn additional wisps. Number of additional wisps is capped at 5 (10 total).

Simple, and does its job okay enough. It seems to be a lifesteal and light crowd control ability. Thematically sensible, and it fits well. I feel like 100 is too low, but i am the one trying to redefine power so ehh...no harm, no foul. 

The 3rd and the 4th seem just fine. Not much to complain about. But may i recommend: Remove the sprint speed penalty. Its a bit redundant.

Overall: Well explained, and the concept is interesting. Synergy is there, that's always appreciated. And it's balanced enough. I would love to play this frame!

13 hours ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

Passive: Do you possess the haunted enemies to try and revive yourself or is that just kind of a permanent thing?

You just possess the haunted enemy that killed you, as if you tried to possess them normally.

but i feel like the haunt should last a while, but shouldn't be permanent. But then again, they should not really be alive for long, anyway, so actually this would be just fine.

Yeah, that was the main point, they're gonna die quickly once they get haunted so might as well make it permanent. Plus, thematically, ghosts will haunt someone until that person dies or the ghost is purified/killed so it fits.

This seems to leave the door open to "I don't like your armor, so i'll spam it off of you". Which is fine, but some clarification would be nice..

It doesn't stack with itself and even with max power strength you will only just get higher than 60% armor reduction. It does stack with corrosive procs though.

I feel like 100 is too low

yeah i thought it was a bit low but it's just for life steal. Maybe instead i could make it lower, to like ~20, but have it as true damage so your always get 20 health per hit.

Stats: Is this health before or after ranking?

It says at the top: "Stats at max rank", so after ranking.

But may i recommend: Remove the sprint speed penalty. Its a bit redundant.

It was there to kinda balance the fact you are invisible AND invincible AND can still attack without breaking invisibility on top of disarming and opening enemies to finishers. Maybe i can reduce the sprint speed to 1.0 and make it you can only perform finishers on enemies.