Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open World Game Mode Idea - Tie In To Archwing 2.0 and Railjack???

H0B0Z

Greetings Tenno,

I had an idea. I know...groan...

Disclaimer: I haven't slept in 36 hours. This may not be nearly as awesome as it sounds in my head, but...meh. Incoming word wall, TL;DR below that.

I've seen a few posts about incorporating a Battle Royale game mode into WF which generally gets shot down pretty quickly, and rightfully so. Warframe is a PVE game! But what about the mechanics around Battle Royale? Specifically, the steadily shrinking "Safe Zone". Could this be incorporated into PVE content? So, in light of what's in store for WF in 2019, I started thinking...

On Earth, the Grineer have launched a chemical attack that threatens to kill every living thing on the plains. A toxin cloud has completely blanketed the map and the only way to survive is via Life Support Modules that keep the toxic cloud at bay. Unfortunately, the Toxin is gradually overpowering the life support resulting in a frequently shrinking safe zone where the Tenno must survive while Ordis tries to pinpoint the source of the toxin.

On Venus, Nef Anyo has launched on orbital strike on the Orokin Reactors. As the reactors degrade, the raging storm surrounding the Orb Vallis begins to close in, freezing everything in its path before setting it ablaze. Again, the Tenno must fight for the the lives of everyone in Fortuna while the eye of the storm closes in, hopefully buying Eudico enough time to come up with a plan. 

Obviously this is a vague overview, but the general idea is to accomplish "X" and move to the new safe zone before you find yourself taking massive damage outside the boundary. There could be a few different modes but the point is that there is no break in between the phases, just go until you win or die but here are few different options:

- It could incorporate random game modes every time the zone shrinks. Exterminate / Capture/ Interception while the zone is larger.  Defense / Hacking when its smaller.

- It could culminate in a sabotage / assassinate but you would fight a random star chart boss. Pfff, how bout Sabotage while simultaneously taking out a Tyl Regor style boss.

- You can't extract. You either win or run out of respawns, take you loot and try again. Maybe there are no respawns, like Arbitrations.

- If you win maybe you get the option to stick around "just in case". Sure enough, the Grineer attack again and the enemies just keep scaling up and the reward rotations changes to CCCCCC

- I think the randomness is important so you don't always have the perfect frame for the job. Maybe sometimes you even end up fighting Grineer on Venus and Corpus on Earth.

I also think that enemies need to scale up in difficulty rapidly as the "zone" shrinks. Imagine 6 phases at 5 minutes a piece or 10 phases at 3 minutes per. The whole event lasts 30 minutes but its a frantic 30 minutes. The enemies could increase ten levels, or even double in level, with each phase. If there is a "boss" at the end, you could potentially be facing a level 120 Sargus Ruk while level 100 mobs are running around.  It's not going to be easy but to offset this you get a reward after successfully making it to the next "safe zone" and you don't lose those rewards if you fail in a later phase. This sort of sets it apart from just being bounties with a Battle Royale safe zone. Endurance Bounty Royale maybe?

Speaking of rewards. It's really important that archwings are incorporated somewhere in the event. Maybe the boss fight happens in the air, or on a floating platform/spaceship (SHIELD Heli-Carrier anyone?). Something like that, because....the rewards should be archwing components and mods. Get that stuff out of the syndicates and Dojos. Let us earn them through combat and have a new way to level them. The farther you make it, the better archwing gear you get, and who knows, if you complete the event maybe you get railjack components/mods (if those are going to be a thing). 

Am I just too exhausted or does this sound amazing?

TL;DR - PVE Game mode on the open world maps where a "safe zone" shrinks, ala Battle Royale (without the PVP), while you complete random game modes with rapidly scaling enemies culminating in an epic aerial boss battle against a random star chart boss on steroids which will reward you with archwing loots (instead of getting them through syndicates/dojos) and maybe even railjack loots.