Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weekly Raids

Terezmo

Its just a thought of mine since Raids are considered to return. What if a raid boss appears every Friday thru Sunday that requires players to do as much damage to it within a certain amount of time which also gives a reward based on how much that individual has dealt. Again, this is just a thought and would probably not be the case on how DE approaches this. Any thoughts on this idea? Also if your wondering where I got that information from about Raids returning, its was from a youtuber Named LifeOf Rio.

Source for that. From their wording it seems like it isn't a main project like Fortuna and is only worked on when the people responsible have time beside their respective projects.

And no, your idea is what the Acolytes are at the moment. Also Acolytes seem to only have a certain amount of lives, rather than health. Since we can instakill them without immediately ending the event that seems to be a safe assumption. Anything to do with damage is something DE can't really do because we have way too much of it and they need to consider casual groups as well.

For raids I just want one thing: Mechanically challenging content.

The current content we have is all more or less a gear check. There is never really a moment where I have to try to pass that content. This is fine for content you have to grind over and over, but isn't what raids usually are about. Raids in pretty much any game are supposed to be challenging endgame content that requires your team to coordinate and cooperate to pass. Allowing some flexibility (team comp, strats, etc.) as to how to pass the raid would be nice, but shouldn't subtract from the core experience. I. e. you could tie the rewards to challenges in the raid, see Eidolon kill vs. capture or finishing under a certain time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Terezmo said:

Its just a thought of mine since Raids are considered to return. What if a raid boss appears every Friday thru Sunday that requires players to do as much damage to it within a certain amount of time which also gives a reward based on how much that individual has dealt. Again, this is just a thought and would probably not be the case on how DE approaches this. Any thoughts on this idea? Also if your wondering where I got that information from about Raids returning, its was from a youtuber Named LifeOf Rio.

I would love it, if DE brings some epic raid content to Warframe.
However, what you describe sounds more like a World Boss type fight.

If raids are done correctly DE can take Warframe from 8/10 to 11!
But it's no small undertaking - it requires a lot of skill, time and effort.
Personally I would consider it as some of the best kind of endgame imaginable.

I used to run countless of raids in Star Wars: The Old Republic as a Guild Master or just with completely random players.
It keeps players engaged by doing the daily or weekly raids with their guild members and it evolves their skill set and play style.

Tactics are explained at each boss fight for newbies - but it's still expected that the raid group will wipe again and again - as it's just a natural part of the learning curve.

The 8 or 16 man raid group consists of Tanks, Healers and Damage dealers.
Tanks keeps the boss focused on them and takes the blunt of the force - healers heals the team and damage dealers dps burn the boss.

The group must kill the boss before the enrage timer runs out - or it will deal massive damage killing the team.
There are usually around 4 bosses in one raid and it usually takes more than one hour to complete it.

There are 3 types of raids with 3 levels of difficulty with somewhat changed mechanics.
The easiest are story mode raids where most of the players can complete it without any problems.
The next difficulty is called hard mode raids where most of the players will struggle to complete it.
The highest difficulty is called nightmare mode raids where even the best raid players will get killed by making the smallest mistake, but it's still doable. 

How to make raids a real success?
The raids must come with some epic story and epic scenery combined with some epic cinematic cutscenes, plus the epic boss fights must be fun and challenging to do. The loot must be so awesome - that it's still worth doing after your 50th time - and teaming up for a raid group must be quick and smooth - plus quality assurance in the development process is a must 😉

I hope they do something they truly like not already done before.

We have no effective threat levels to have designated rpg roles. And doing a leaderboard (dmg = reward?) has been done already.

I do hope they introduce wipe out mechanics, in favor of removing number of attempts restrictions and limiting rewards after initial success.

Keep it playable, but not continue to give best of loot everytime, maybe have a lower % rate per completion, that way is not entirely discouraging to repeat it, and players don't just drop/bail because the rest of team "needs to get gud".

Once you have mastered the raid mechanics, getting top tier rewards should not take much. But still leaves room for players to help others.

17 hours ago, Terezmo said:

Well, Since he sent you...You should probably ask to get this moved to the feedback forums instead.

He seems to practically work for DE anyway so this should probably go there.

Edited by Padre_Akais