Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let’s talk about amps; The “323”

(PSN)Mono-Pop

So about a week ago I moved from my 212 amp, I never bothered gilding it because I wanted to focus on getting the 323.

My 323 is now gilded, my virtuous strike is rank 2, and I still feel like I’m doing something wrong?

I knew the 323 was going to struggle with vomvalysts a little, but I wasn’t expecting to feel like the Shwakshun (spelling) did more damage?

It feels like it took virtuous strike to make 323 = to 212.

What am I doing wrong? 🙂

I don't use the 323 for this reason. I hate the primary fire of it, especially with Vomvalysts. I only built a 323 for the mastery. 223 (well I use, I guess 227 now? It's the Certus Brace from Vox Solaris for a bit more Crit Chance) as mentioned above can clear a pretty wide range with Vomvalysts with no issue.

the 223 amp is what most use for hunts, the tier 3 prism for me wasnt that enjoyable while the tier 2 one is as it goes through enmies 😄 so good for general use.

also you want to gild all your amps that have mote to tier 3 amps for the mastery.

Lohrin Brace
+12% Amp Critical/Status chance
Certus Brace
+20% Amp Critical chance

With the release of Fortuna amp parts the Lohrin brace (x23) will probably be replaced with the Certus brace which gives better crit chance ( 20 CC over 12CC/SC).

The gist of it is since amps only truly matter on eidolon hunts, people are going to judge amps based on those, so :

Prism don't matter, use what you like

Scaffold is always going to be Shrakshun

Brace is always going to be Certus

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Wait a sec. If 323 was/is the meta, then why do I feel like I'm doing more damage to the eidolons with a 232? Where have I gone wrong?

eh who knows

Do you use Madurai? Specifically Void Strike? Because that's the one thing that makes x23/x2Certus good. That and arcanes like Virtuous Shadow/Strike.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Wait a sec. If 323 was/is the meta, then why do I feel like I'm doing more damage to the eidolons with a 232? Where have I gone wrong?

That’s exactly how I feel and the reason I made this post. But I was simply wrong. 323 isn’t meta, 223 is.

Well, x23 is meta, 223 is just better than 323

27 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

eh who knows

Do you use Madurai? Specifically Void Strike? Because that's the one thing that makes x23/x2Certus good. That and arcanes like Virtuous Shadow/Strike.

I've got strike and shadow, prefer using strike on both. Haven't used void strike on a hunt yet, only got it basic and haven't done my focus farming in months. Trying to get basic in vazarin right now

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

I've got strike and shadow, prefer using strike on both. Haven't used void strike on a hunt yet, only got it basic and haven't done my focus farming in months. Trying to get basic in vazarin right now

Void Strike is important if you're planning on using Shrakshun. With VS stacks you benefit more from a single powerful shot which the x23/Certus offers.

Void Shadow is also better since it makes your crit more consistent, and you can proc it by dashing on the eidolon's head so you don't have to waste VS charge proccing it.

If you lack one of these then Shrakshun is going to be terribly inconsistent. In that case I suppose a sustained dps setup with Unairu Wisp + Virtuous Strike would feel better to use.

Edited by TotallyLagging