Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Syndicate system on open maps should be seriously reworked

walter100

Syndicate works very well as something secondary, that gives you a few goodies here and there, for simply playing the game, but in some Syndicates you need to do specific things to get points, without much problems until then,

However, in the open maps, MAINLY FORTUNE, this syndicate mechanic can become very problematic for the players, When fortune came I was very sad with the requirements of the garuda, where you are obliged to have Rank 4 in fortune to be able to craft it, or buy the gems of other players with that rank, But I thought it would stop there, until you leave Part 2 and now I am obliged to have Rank 5 a part of the content of the game,

Have Rank 4 or 5 It would not be problematic if the System were good, The problem of the current system, Overcoming Problem only in fortune, is the daily limit, that regardless of how long you have for Grind, you will be forced to stop when you arrive at Limit, and the part Fact of a major content is Locked through a Timegate that can be Very large depending on your MR

Solutions Would Rebalance the amount of reputation obtained by all means, and remove the limit exclusively from this Syndicate Exclusively

Create a new System where you have unique Tasks that you can do anywhere in the System (basically alerts with reputation reward)

Remove the obligation of the player to have to have Rank X to have access to the content of the game, at most have to do a Journey to Such (which would make much more sense, and much better than limiting something in a System with limits)

Many people will say that this is to avoid the "Drought of content", but this does not prevent, it only postpones the inevitable

One of the reasons I'm complaining about this is because I was getting tired of the warframe, those weary basics of games where a lot of people stopped playing for X time, After all, I had played for a long time (I do not usually stay so long in 1 game only) I had hopes of picking up Mag and Nova prime, stopping for some time until Update Part 2, and returning to play the update, good because of the requirement of Rank 5 / Old Mate I completely lost the urge to play again, Who knows when the will come back (God knows when it will come back) I can play Fortune part 2

That’s the whole point of this, postponing the fact that you’ll eventually get tired of the this content. There’s nothing to fix here, the cap and requirements are intended mechanics to make you play the game, if it doesn’t then that’s just you, many others are pushing through it, I doubt everyone is quitting because of one part of the game where you can do hundreds of other things while you wait 

Fortuna does this better than all syndicates by giving you actual options on how to get the standing too, bounties, fishing, mining, bonds, conservation

Edited by GinKenshin
  • Like 3

so pretty much saying your tired of doing random missions with managing your sigils to get the standing you need for certain sydnicates.
you can't be bothered to do the grind in cetus or fortuna cause your time is too precious not to do what the game wants you to do.

you want to remove the progression system in them so you can have 100% acess to a all the items an spend a week in cetus an fortuna then be like 😄 yup nothing left here gonna just let this place be dead to me.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

so pretty much saying your tired of doing random missions with managing your sigils to get the standing you need for certain sydnicates.
you can't be bothered to do the grind in cetus or fortuna cause your time is too precious not to do what the game wants you to do.

you want to remove the progression system in them so you can have 100% acess to a all the items an spend a week in cetus an fortuna then be like 😄 yup nothing left here gonna just let this place be dead to me.

For your comment you must be that famous type of player in the Forums that only read the Title and commented as if he knew everything

At no point did I say to simply remove the System, I talked about CHANGING THE SYSTEM for something more fun for the players,

And it only shows that you read only the title, when the first thing I said is that the Syndicates like New Loka are Okay, They are a kind of Secondary content that does not lock any other content

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

That’s the whole point of this, postponing the fact that you’ll eventually get tired of the this content. There’s nothing to fix here, the cap and requirements are intended mechanics to make you play the game, if it doesn’t then that’s just you, many others are pushing through it, I doubt everyone is quitting because of one part of the game where you can do hundreds of other things while you wait 

Fortuna does this better than all syndicates by giving you actual options on how to get the standing too, bounties, fishing, mining, bonds, conservation

14 hours ago, DatCanadien said:

Fortuna is a lot easier than Cetus.

Cetus was hell to grind but Fortuna wasn't that much of an issue

The problem is not the acquisition of points, or the difficulty of Grind, The problem is to catch content after a High Rank (It would not have problem nor one for example the player having to upar to the rank 3 in the maximum to access Fortuna part 2)

And the other problem is this Lazy Daily Limit mechanic, There are several ways to keep this TimeGate, without harming the player, and even put content inside the game, for example Putting Micro-journeys solo Extremely difficult to load Rank in these syndicates, You have no way of speeding up these Time Gate nor a rare kind of material that ignores the daily limit, or even use PL for it (Lots of people would buy PL just for that) and would be extremely advantageous for the DE

The problem is that the size of this time gate is based on your mastery rank. If this gate is too long then it's because your mastery is too low. It's a self regulating design as players with lower mastery should not be spending all their time working on a syndicate.

The only situation where there can be any issue here is players who have literally done everything else which isn't even a real issue. If you've already finished every other form of progression you can't go expecting any future forms to not exist.

Time gates are also a mandatory feature for more "meta" reasons. It prevents people from over-grinding and burning themselves out, prevents bypassing progression due to unforseen bugs/exploits, helps stop players from playing for unhealthy periods of time, pads out the gameplay, and to some degree incentivizes players to spend money. Those last two points are mandatory features because Warframe is a free to play.

Also this "major content" locked behind them is such a tiny portion of the total content available and some of it isn't actually as "locked" as it seems (e.g. You don't need rank 4 to get Garuda instead you only need rank 1 because cut gems are tradable). Several other things can even be bypassed with plat if one is that put off by the "grind".

Your unlocking way more than building Garuda in that process, please mention this. 

Mastery Rank increasing daily cap is not an issue. Just start power leveling weapons. Once you start building them in large quantities you have something to do everyday...  Until that's over and the next big syndicate content will be super easy. 

If there was no cap on it, it would be easily done in a day.

1 hour ago, walter100 said:

But Cetus does not force you to have Rank 5 to hunt the Eidolons, or to make other content

^This is the big issue with Fortuna part 2. Maxing one syndicate to even start another is grind bloat by making players unable to actually make any progress. 

It would have been just as complained about if you needed to max Cetus for the Quills to even start. It's artificial inflation by forcing players to waste weeks to months of daily standing depending on the MR of the player in question. This is why people don't like the setup for Fortuna part 2 and I assure you, if it were at rank 3 rather than 5 to unlock the next grind, people would have been much less irritated.

Maxing a open world syndicate should open access to customization like arcanes, not components to Warframes which would be less complained about if they were farmed for like we're used to rather than grinding and getting nothing back for weeks. It's not satisfying to grind for an end result when the end result isn't worth the time spent and is a uniform slog for both standing to even be able to grind for a different standing and then a grind for components to make the frame.

If it were just a grind for blueprints and parts it wouldn't have irritated people as much, at least that's what I'm getting from many of these complaints.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trst said:

The problem is that the size of this time gate is based on your mastery rank. If this gate is too long then it's because your mastery is too low. It's a self regulating design as players with lower mastery should not be spending all their time working on a syndicate.

The only situation where there can be any issue here is players who have literally done everything else which isn't even a real issue. If you've already finished every other form of progression you can't go expecting any future forms to not exist.

Time gates are also a mandatory feature for more "meta" reasons. It prevents people from over-grinding and burning themselves out, prevents bypassing progression due to unforseen bugs/exploits, helps stop players from playing for unhealthy periods of time, pads out the gameplay, and to some degree incentivizes players to spend money. Those last two points are mandatory features because Warframe is a free to play.

Also this "major content" locked behind them is such a tiny portion of the total content available and some of it isn't actually as "locked" as it seems (e.g. You don't need rank 4 to get Garuda instead you only need rank 1 because cut gems are tradable). Several other things can even be bypassed with plat if one is that put off by the "grind".

Not everyone has Luxury or condition or Will (I do not care much for MR, I want to get to MR 16 to use all Rivens), to Maximilize MR, I'll give an example, I know it exists with a lot of people

A person works from Monday to Friday, returns home tired, and goes straight to sleep, at most watches some video or turns on the TV to sleep, She only has Saturday and Sunday to play and does not have the "Luxury" to start the Warframe and Evolve the Syndicates, Tell me how long it would take to get the Syndicate ?? considering that he has only 2 days in the week to play and would have a mean MR of 12 to 16

My Problem is also the Time it takes to get from Rank 0 to Rank 5 independent of MR, but the point of my topic is to exchange a lazy content for something more useful to the player, Tell me what you prefer, Stay 24h waiting for something or spending these 24 hours in content within the game ?? (obviously it would not be 24H but it would be time-consuming and difficult)

Not to mention that there is no means nor to circumvent the Daily Limit as you said in the Garuda case. I mean, you can not pay PL to reset the daily limit, or even who knows how to Rank Rank of the Syndicate, so ED would win much more , Would move the market and would make lots of people buy pl just to reset the limit

5 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Your unlocking way more than building Garuda in that process, please mention this. 

Mastery Rank increasing daily cap is not an issue. Just start power leveling weapons. Once you start building them in large quantities you have something to do everyday...  Until that's over and the next big syndicate content will be super easy. 

If there was no cap on it, it would be easily done in a day.

Garuda I got it when I got in Rank 3, Buying the last things for trade

My God No one knows how to read, no? When did I mention removing the limit? I said change for something more fun.

14 minutes ago, walter100 said:

Garuda I got it when I got in Rank 3, Buying the last things for trade

My God No one knows how to read, no? When did I mention removing the limit? I said change for something more fun.

21 hours ago, walter100 said:

remove the limit exclusively from this Syndicate Exclusively

You mentioned it right here 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, walter100 said:

...or even use PL for it (Lots of people would buy PL just for that) and would be extremely advantageous for the DE

You can buy Garuda with plat dum-dum. (Among other Fortuna items like kitguns, Moas, and resources.)

Why do you think you're complaining about the time gates in the first place?

21 hours ago, walter100 said:

When fortune came I was very sad with the requirements of the garuda

5 hours ago, walter100 said:

Not everyone has Luxury or condition or Will (I do not care much for MR, I want to get to MR 16 to use all Rivens), to Maximilize MR, I'll give an example, I know it exists with a lot of people

A person works from Monday to Friday, returns home tired, and goes straight to sleep, at most watches some video or turns on the TV to sleep, She only has Saturday and Sunday to play and does not have the "Luxury" to start the Warframe and Evolve the Syndicates, Tell me how long it would take to get the Syndicate ?? considering that he has only 2 days in the week to play and would have a mean MR of 12 to 16

My Problem is also the Time it takes to get from Rank 0 to Rank 5 independent of MR, but the point of my topic is to exchange a lazy content for something more useful to the player, Tell me what you prefer, Stay 24h waiting for something or spending these 24 hours in content within the game ?? (obviously it would not be 24H but it would be time-consuming and difficult)

Not to mention that there is no means nor to circumvent the Daily Limit as you said in the Garuda case. I mean, you can not pay PL to reset the daily limit, or even who knows how to Rank Rank of the Syndicate, so ED would win much more , Would move the market and would make lots of people buy pl just to reset the limit

These time walls still need to exists even for those people. It doesn't take a lot of time either to grind out mastery if you go through the more meta routes for farming; you'll spend more time waiting for weapons and frames to build than you'll spend farming. If someone who doesn't have a lot of time to play and/or doesn't want to go through the meta routes then they should expect to progress slowly, the game shouldn't be meeting their pace. Mastery is also one of the many forms of progression we have and comes with tangible benefits every rank; you wouldn't leave Serration at rank 9/10 permanently just because you don't want to spend the credits and endo so why arbitrarily cap your own mastery.

The syndicate system for Fortuna is also more in favor of people with a little time anyways since there are multiple ways to gain standing more efficiently (hunting), ways to "bank" standing (stocking up on gems/fish), a way to pay resources to bypass it entirely (ticker's bonds), or going through other players (trading). Anyone can go through these methods and have time to spare or be able to cap their standing the moment they get on and spend the rest of their time doing something else as there is more to do in game than just work on a single syndicate.

And the system could be changed to something "more useful" as you're saying but it still needs to meet the points I made in my previous post. These walls exist for a reason and anything that can circumvent them besides plat would be a problem.

4 hours ago, Littlemike137 said:

some of us don't have the plat that whales do to throw at a new warframe. Don't call people dumb just cause they don't have bottomless wallets like others

You don't need to put a single dollar into the game to get plat y'know. Even if someone is paranoid about the whole "bad plat issue" you can still exchange low value high quantity items with virtually no risk.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Littlemike137 said:

some of us don't have the plat that whales do to throw at a new warframe. Don't call people dumb just cause they don't have bottomless wallets like others

OP was talking about introducing an item purchasable with platinum that can increase the amount of daily standing you could get.
But that doesn't make sense since you can already buy Fortuna gear with platinum anyways.

Thanks for taking my entire post into context dum-dum :thinking:

En 29/12/2018 a las 3:41, walter100 dijo:

Syndicate works very well as something secondary, that gives you a few goodies here and there, for simply playing the game, but in some Syndicates you need to do specific things to get points, without much problems until then,

However, in the open maps, MAINLY FORTUNE, this syndicate mechanic can become very problematic for the players, When fortune came I was very sad with the requirements of the garuda, where you are obliged to have Rank 4 in fortune to be able to craft it, or buy the gems of other players with that rank, But I thought it would stop there, until you leave Part 2 and now I am obliged to have Rank 5 a part of the content of the game,

Have Rank 4 or 5 It would not be problematic if the System were good, The problem of the current system, Overcoming Problem only in fortune, is the daily limit, that regardless of how long you have for Grind, you will be forced to stop when you arrive at Limit, and the part Fact of a major content is Locked through a Timegate that can be Very large depending on your MR

Solutions Would Rebalance the amount of reputation obtained by all means, and remove the limit exclusively from this Syndicate Exclusively

Create a new System where you have unique Tasks that you can do anywhere in the System (basically alerts with reputation reward)

Remove the obligation of the player to have to have Rank X to have access to the content of the game, at most have to do a Journey to Such (which would make much more sense, and much better than limiting something in a System with limits)

Many people will say that this is to avoid the "Drought of content", but this does not prevent, it only postpones the inevitable

Or ... lazy people just dont play that content ... problem solve .

hace 12 horas, walter100 dijo:

You have 2 days ? ... simple , farm things to exchange for rep for all week (in both solaris and vox you can farm thing to level reputation for all week in 1 day) ... then you just need to log the other 5 days .... But again lazyness is your problem , not the system . Closed beta player with mr 15 , barely touch eidolons (carry most likely) , absolute no syndicate maxed (not even the old ones)  less than 600 hs played , maybe you need to start accepting that the game is not for you if you dont want to do almost anything (for the love of god you dont even have carrier sentinel ...)   ...

Edited by Yagamilight123