Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Silent Mod

SleepingMorning

Hello fellow Tenno,

tl;dr: Why do melee weapons not have a melee silent mod?

I have an inquiry: why do melee weapons not have a melee silent mod? I seems reasonable that with the change of the Redeemer and Sarpa to non-silent melee weapons, melee weapons also get a melee silent mod.

Additionally, shouldn't Ivara have an augment for weapon silence? Ivara's theme as I understand is the silent, unnoticed hunter; therefore, isn't it reasonable that a hunter out to be able to hunt without alerting her prey?

With the best regards,

Confounded Tenno

Edited by SleepingMorning

2 hours ago, Airikr said:

Melee weapons are silent by standard afaik.

Hitting the ground / walls / whatever with a naturally silent weapon will still alert enemies.

To stop that from happening, you need a silencer Mod (including the Loki Augment),
maybe Banshee's Passive / Silence also works, not sure.

[BTW, this is one of the reasons why I prefer a silenced Sniper over Bows for Solo stealth.]

5 hours ago, SleepingMorning said:

Ivara's theme as I understand is the silent, unnoticed hunter; therefore, isn't it reasonable that a hunter out to be able to hunt without alerting her prey?

I would have said silence was definitely more Banshee's thing, while invisibility was Ivara's. Ivara already has some of the best augments in the game, she doesn't need a silence one.

I don't think that shotgun or explosive weapons should be silence-able at all - the Redeemer is a blast shotgun that really doesn't need a stealth multiplier. It would feel a little broken to be running round blasting rooms of enemies away with it while a mob just outside that blast cone is unaware.

Add to that the fact this would essentially be an augment, with only two weapons needing it, and I don't think it's worth the coding time. I'd far rather have an augment/stance that gets rid of the flourish before a charged shot, or a silence mod that applies to sniper rifles.

When it comes to ranged melee Ivara is better suited to glaives anyway, as they work with Navigate (you can slice every enemy in the room in half with one throw).

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I don't think that shotgun or explosive weapons should be silence-able at all

Except you can already do that to "actual" Shotguns / Launchers / whatnot 😛

the Redeemer is a blast shotgun that really doesn't need a stealth multiplier

Eh, Redeemer's charge shot is hardly the most broken thing in Warframe to benefit from that.

You can clear rooms easier with stuff like Meme Strike (or lol Zenistar UFO Ivara),
or whatever, considering you can turn on stealth multipliers on demand with certain abilities.

I'd far rather have [...] a silence mod that applies to sniper rifles.

Uhm ...

HushModU145.png

😄

Edited by NinjaZeku

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Uhm

Ha ha yes, completely forgot 😄

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Except you can already do that to "actual" Shotguns / Launchers / whatnot 😛

Yeah, but I'm not a fan, it just doesn't feel right. I mean, Banshee style powers silencing everything, fine, that's some magic Orokin gubbins, but in mods how do you silence a shotgun? Or an explosion?

1 hour ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I mean, Banshee style powers silencing everything, fine, that's some magic Orokin gubbins,
but in mods how do you silence a shotgun? Or an explosion?

Same gubbins really, Mods are Orokin tech.

You could just as well ask how Mods e.g. create an Affinity-dependent radial blast
or make flowers sprout out of critical wounds.

A space wizard did it.

How do thing like mods, formas, lenses, and potatoes even get added to guns/warframes?

I understand their in-game mechanics, but I mean from like a lore perspective. Do they get forged into the equipment? Do they stick on like stickers? 

They don't seem to be physical attachments, so I don't quite understand how they're actually added. 🤔

2 minutes ago, NeopetsMaster4432 said:

How do thing like mods, formas, lenses, and potatoes even get added to guns/warframes?

I totally get you on that, but, while part of me definitely wants to know all the details of Warframe technology,
another part really doesn't mind stuff like that being left open to the imagination, that'll always be more interesting.

On 2018-12-29 at 12:37 PM, Airikr said:

Melee weapons are silent by standard afaik.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

As far as i know (unless it was fixed) one of the mr tests give melee an alarming sound.

Maybe hes referring to that.

Edited by Fallen_Echo

On 2018-12-29 at 5:48 PM, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I would have said silence was definitely more Banshee's thing, while invisibility was Ivara's. Ivara already has some of the best augments in the game, she doesn't need a silence one.

I don't think that shotgun or explosive weapons should be silence-able at all - the Redeemer is a blast shotgun that really doesn't need a stealth multiplier. It would feel a little broken to be running round blasting rooms of enemies away with it while a mob just outside that blast cone is unaware.

Add to that the fact this would essentially be an augment, with only two weapons needing it, and I don't think it's worth the coding time. I'd far rather have an augment/stance that gets rid of the flourish before a charged shot, or a silence mod that applies to sniper rifles.

When it comes to ranged melee Ivara is better suited to glaives anyway, as they work with Navigate (you can slice every enemy in the room in half with one throw).

I agree that Ivara's good as she is.  I assume the OP basically suggests the silence bit so that using those weapons doesn't pop the stealth bubble.

Ivara is one of my most used frames and I must admit, my favorite fun time is Ivara releasing full barrel silenced Arca Plasmor (think Silent Battery is the shotgun silenced mod, didn't even know one existed until I got one as a reward one day) into a group of otherwise ignorant bad guys. 

Kills them all in one go so no alerts.  Of course any guys who aren't killed outright still change state to alert, but so much fun.  Silenced Catchmoon has that similar feeling of satisfaction especially of you can line it up right for that juicy punch through.

I always thought Sarpa and Redeemer were silent but checked the wiki and they are not anymore apparently which kinda makes sense, but I don't see the point of making a silence mod or augment for only two weapons when there are so many others to choose from. 

My Ivara go to melee is normally a Status based (with condition overload and covert lethality) Balla Zaw with a maxed Exodia Contagion so I can either sneak up and hurl a stealthed projectile at groups of enemies.  Don't really see a reason to use any other melee with Ivara because it does ridiculous damage, plus it's hand for melee only sorties.

2 hours ago, (XB1)CynNex said:

My Ivara go to melee is normally a Status based (with condition overload and covert lethality) Balla Zaw with a maxed Exodia Contagion so I can either sneak up and hurl a stealthed projectile at groups of enemies

I find that double jump mechanic far too much of a pain to use reliably. The investment to max it is crazy (kitgun arcanes in Fortuna are so much better), well done!

I tend to just go with Covert Leathality on a spy build. Glaive Prime (but I'm going to try Falcor) where volume of kills is more important.

On 2018-12-31 at 1:17 PM, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I find that double jump mechanic far too much of a pain to use reliably. The investment to max it is crazy (kitgun arcanes in Fortuna are so much better), well done!

I tend to just go with Covert Leathality on a spy build. Glaive Prime (but I'm going to try Falcor) where volume of kills is more important.

Yeah the double jump takes a bit of practice but once you have it down it's actually quite simple (although I do sometimes blow myself up when I forget that I just double jumped to get somewhere).  I much prefer the way arcanes work in Fortuna, it's kind of an up front cost and of course having no build time involved is always a plus. 

I saw that everyone is using maxed operator and Amp arcanes for the Orb fight and I never bothered with those in plains because of the cost you mentioned but it looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet now.  On console, so I still have some time to work on it I guess although I'm having too much fun in Fortuna so it'll be hard to pull myself away from that.

Must admit KDrive on plains is great fun though.

• 2 years later...