Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant and Nyx swap abilities rework

XenMaster

• 1 month later...

I want this to be a thing, the ideas are very well thought-out. 

There are some things that I'd add however:

-I don't think Mesmer Skin should have a small aoe at base, maybe as an augment. More charges should be more than enough to improve an ability that doesn't really need improving.

-The passive could be more Eidolony. My idea is that he keeps the shield depletion mechanic, but instead of a small shockwave it could be more like the Energy Spike, releasing a 10-15-20m(never thought about the exact values) radius blastwave that confuses enemies or applies radiation. 

And just to clarify, I love Revenant and I want him to feel whole. With the introduction of Garuda he could really just drop the "vampire" theme and become a full-on Eidolon power wielding tank. 

I honestly do not see any point to those suggested Revenant changes.

Passive = Complete waste of space, just as the current one. Oh wow I can adapt to damage a whole second as I recast Mesmer Skin! Uhm no that isnt very wow, if you'd need that adaption defensive gimmick thingy you're likely already insta gibbed by the incoming hit.

The new #1... Why? Another tap/hold ability? For the love of all things unholy, just no! I rather have the current thralls that let me lock that Nox down so I can end him on the spot. Atleast it is useful in one way. Please no more tap/hold crap.

Swapping 2 and 3? Pointless. A proper build already has enough strength and efficiency to make both of them last long enough and cost as little as possible to even be considered expensive. Plus, Reave is mostly used during DM anyways, so not really expensive at all.

Danse macabre actually has a good bit of problems that didn't cover.

- it's not very adaptable since it only adapts to 3 health types, at the very least it should have base rad damage when it's not adapting. Sentient weapons seem to have innate rad damage themselves anyways.

- the status chance isn't affected by strength mods for that matter.

- the damage absorption and redistribution could be more efficient.

- the sweeping beams are not actually great against single or few enemies, especially tanky ones since the opposite side of the beams is a blindspot where damage isn't dealt. It's also nearly useless against enemies in different elevations. the aim button could actually aim and converge the beams (like convectrix) to allow more finesse targeting against that.