Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akjagara prime design

UltraMadGuy

On my opinion, the design of the guns looks sloppy. Only the blades make it possible to recognize it. The original have the dual barrel unique in its style but the prime one have only one barrel. It's look like an akbolto barrel with some orokin style and the blade. 

I'm disappointed...

What do you think? 

Just now, UltraMadGuy said:

You love it because its a cool weapon no matter what the name is? or because it doesn't look like the original one?

I don’t own the Akjagara Prime as of currently, but I enjoyed using the vanilla Akjagara back when it first came out and I know I will like the prime version even more since not only is it a beast of a weapon, but it looks incredible as well.

3 минуты назад, xXDeadsinxX сказал:

I don’t own the Akjagara Prime as of currently, but I enjoyed using the vanilla Akjagara back when it first came out and I know I will like the prime version even more since not only is it a beast of a weapon, but it looks incredible as well.

His point is that Akjagara Prime doesn't look like the original. The blades is the only thing that allows you to recognise the thing (and the name, obviously, but that's exactly the point - if it wasnt named akjagaraa or didnt haad the blades - you would never guess.

Ironically, in the past i saw people criticizing that some primes look WAY too much like their originals (particularly some warframes).
Fashion is like food - completely subjective, so...

I actually went and checked the icons of the weapons - you can actually still see the general shape of original akjagara in prime's design. it just gets obscured by unhealthy amount of golden parts, particularly the part that sticks out from the grip which for some reasons makes me think of some other weapon... Aksomati, i think?

I think it's my logic that makes me start talking about this weapon. The akjagara fire 2 round and i see two barrel so my head say "It's #*!%ing logic dude!". And now with primed version, i see one barrel but its still fire 2 round so my head say "How?! that's not logic... Try to think it's a shotgun pistol! Nope... its fire bullet not pellet. Don't try trick me!". Yeah, i know... it's pityful.

33 минуты назад, UltraMadGuy сказал:

I think it's my logic that makes me start talking about this weapon. The akjagara fire 2 round and i see two barrel so my head say "It's #*!%ing logic dude!". And now with primed version, i see one barrel but its still fire 2 round so my head say "How?! that's not logic... Try to think it's a shotgun pistol! Nope... its fire bullet not pellet. Don't try trick me!". Yeah, i know... it's pityful.

That's... Actually an important point too. Well, now i know why im never going to use it past rank 30... Because of things like this.

I loved akjagara's design. It was fairly simplistic (with the cubical design of the barrels) and 2 barrels made sense in case of two-bullet burst.
But if the prime only has 1 barrel... "orokin magic" is the only excuse i can come up with, and its a bad excuse.

Get your fashion together, DE. Stop screwing around with weapon designs, be faithful to the originals!

47 minutes ago, UltraMadGuy said:

So I assume you don't use multishot mods. Because they go against your logic aswell.
You don't use Hek-Shotguns, I think. They have 4 barrels, and shoot 7 pellets. This doesn't make any sense either. 

I just don't understand, why you are trying to apply logic to a fantasy game about space ninjas controlled by children.

Edited by WhiteMarker

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Artek94:

I loved akjagara's design. It was fairly simplistic (with the cubical design of the barrels) and 2 barrels made sense in case of two-bullet burst.
But if the prime only has 1 barrel... "orokin magic" is the only excuse i can come up with, and its a bad excuse.

Get your fashion together, DE. Stop screwing around with weapon designs, be faithful to the originals!

2 barrels made way more sense with the original iteration of AkJagara that fired 2 pellets per shot (later changed to extremely fast 2 round burst).

However, it still makes sense if we assume the weapon was originally built as 2 round burst (the gun itself was changed months before we've seen the concept art for the first time) which justifies a single barrel of Orokin design - what about the two barrels of the classic design? The gunsmith was incapable of creating a design to support such throughput in a single barrel, thus the action was split into two.

3 часа назад, hotfixbot3000 сказал:

2 barrels made way more sense with the original iteration of AkJagara that fired 2 pellets per shot (later changed to extremely fast 2 round burst).

Well the technicallity of game mechanic should not matter here: its still 2 instant bullets. The change was made to buff the status builds.

Il y a 4 heures, Varacal a dit :

or maybe it fires 2 rounds 1 after the other

i dunno, looking for logic in a space ninja game where you protect animals for stuffed toys, i dont think its a game you find logic from

Il y a 3 heures, WhiteMarker a dit :

So I assume you don't use multishot mods. Because they go against your logic aswell.
You don't use Hek-Shotguns, I think. They have 4 barrels, and shoot 7 pellets. This doesn't make any sense either. 

I just don't understand, why you are trying to apply logic to a fantasy game about space ninjas controlled by children.

I use multishot mod. Ans as you say it's a mod so you can imagine any tricks because multishot can't be illustrated. My logic accept it like a math formula. I don't use Hek (the design is horrible but it's a shotgun so it's logic if he fire several pellet and no bullet).

This fantasy game is very logical, i mean a lot of magic trick can be now explain with science. My logic accept the fact that the part of fantasy is just some kind technology i can't actually explain. And the choice of children is logic too, they are perfect laboratory rat (just like many experience in comic or in mass effect for example). But that is another discussion.

In fact, my logic can't explain why they didn't take inspiration from the original akjagara. In my opinion I find that the weapon is too much inspired by other weapons (maybe because there a lot of cool primed secondaries) and its look like more a akbolto with blade, akmagnus orokin part and a little of pandero. 

Il y a 3 heures, rapt0rman a dit :

@UltraMadGuyIncidentally, duplex ammo is actually a thing.

But thanks to you, I may be able to better accept the design of this weapon. ^^

28 minutes ago, UltraMadGuy said:

I use multishot mod. Ans as you say it's a mod so you can imagine any tricks because multishot can't be illustrated. My logic accept it like a math formula.

So Mods are fine, because you can explain them with tricks, but the Akjagara isn't? You can't explain it with tricks? That's not logical...

29 minutes ago, UltraMadGuy said:

I don't use Hek (the design is horrible but it's a shotgun so it's logic if he fire several pellet and no bullet).

It would make sense, if it fired 4 pellets, or 8, or 12, or 16. You know, any full multiple of 4, because of 4 barrels.
Firing 7 pellets makes no sense, if going by your "logic".

31 minutes ago, UltraMadGuy said:

My logic accept the fact that the part of fantasy is just some kind technology i can't actually explain.

Then the Akjagara is just technology you can't explain.
It's that easy. And that's why the prime design is fine.

My logic apply on what i see. I can see akjagara but i can't see multishot. That's simple for me. My logic explain how sphere become a cube but can't explain how the magician make it disappear in his hand because i can't see the disappearance. The hek is a grineer tech so maybe they built badly (3 shot like a shotgun and the last because they are maybe stupid and forget to build it like a shotgun) so it's kind of logic.

il y a 12 minutes, WhiteMarker a dit :

Now yes,i begin to admit it with this argue, thanks to Raptor. But I don't think the DE thought that way. It wouldn't be fair play.

3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Yep. That's one of the beautiful things of the Science Fantasy genre. 

In SciFa, you can do cool S#&$ just for the cool factor and not worry about explaining it.