Trade Tax

Axwack

Why is there a trade tax for trading equipment? What is the rationale for either the economics, disincentive/incentive or the balancing for the game that DE is asking people to pay this tax when trading? I wanted to explain to my son but couldn't come up with a good economic answer. I thought it may have to do with Money laundering since Platinum is involved (Plat = REAL CURRENCY). 

Anyone can explain?

10 minutes ago, Axwack said:

Why is there a trade tax for trading equipment?

The emphasis is on you getting your own equipment, your own mods. You can trade for that shiny Prime thing or that mod you really want, but it will cost you. Said cost is prohibitive for new players but at a certain point in the game it becomes trivial.

The idea is to balance trading with gameplay, not one or the other exclusively

To much gameplay and that leaves you at the mercy of RNG, so to make sure you get what you want in a very acceptable time frame, you trade the duplicates, you sell and you trade things you gather in order to get what you desire, the higher the effort ingame, the more things you have to trade after a mission, for example there might be an alert for 1 control module that you can do, but other players will gather that control module, 8 other control modules, a star, a statue and possibly a rare mod, this measn they have more and can have some trading potential (statue and rare mod)

To much trading and you trade your way into "what veterans have" and so the game forces you to play, DE believes gameplay is part of the game, the game is not a platform to make platinum so you can buy cosmetics and rare mods, DE motivates you into playing the game instead.

DE will obviously recognize that something is wrong when players do not play a certain content of the game, they might be getting a profit but they recognize that this vision of the game they had brought into fruition isn't being experienced by the playerbase.

My clan has a tax of 100%, to further point out that i as the clan leader also agree that players need to play and balance things, if they want to purely trade and can't keep up then my clan isn't the ideal one for them, since i value gameplay and the player doesn't have it.