Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switch transfer rant

Leqesai

It really sucks that the migration to switch doesn't bring your rivens with you. I get the tennogen stuff not transferring but why not let us take our rivens.

Some of us have invested a lot of time and money into building our riven collection but if you force us to leave these on pc then why the heck would we seriously consider migrating?

• Like 1

I mean.. if you don't want to migrate, just don't do it.
It's not like you are forced to do so.

And I don't understand the "money" argument. Time I can understand. But what has money to do with it? You WANTED to spend that money. It's not like DE stole it from you.

And why is this thread even a thing? If they didn't tell you about the rivens getting lost, then they rant would be fair. But you know about it. There is just no issue here.

25 minutes ago, krc473 said:

There is more to the game than rivens. Some people might migrate because they want to play on a switch, and don’t want to farm everything.

Why is this such a big deal anyway?

because people DON"T want to farm these rivens again?

why are obvious question like this asked? go take half your account progress once you come to switch, and you'll understand.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Then don't? Rivens are a minor part of the game that people are under the illusion that they are indispensable.

the same can be said for absolutely everything. and yet nobody want to farm something that they already farmed. mods also aren't indispensable. warframes, either, nor the guns you have. we can all wipe that out, right? they don't have to farm it again if it's not indispensable.

the point is that if you farmed something and got it, you shouldn't lost it for no reason.

Edited by mikakor

6 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

And I don't understand the "money" argument.

Thats simple. He/she made an investment and was probably looking forward to cash out on it.

I'm sure lots of other players considered those same options before migrating their accounts to Switch.

If I'm wrong on the OP case in particular, my apologies. But it does happens more frequent than you think. This is not exclusive to Warframe.

I'm sure DE saw way before they announced it.

Edited by Souldend78

On 2018-12-29 at 1:00 PM, peterc3 said:

Then don't? Rivens are a minor part of the game that people are under the illusion that they are indispensable.

A minor part of the game that some of us have invested a lot of time and money into. If happily keep supporting the game but not being able to migrate my full inventory has pretty. Ugh turned me off of the whole thing. 

• Like 1

Riven capacity, now means you can get rivens for different guns on another platform. 

It's unfortunate players were duplicating extremely expensive mods & rivens with intent to sell for extreme prices to unsuspecting players.

If you already have a switch...  Well may as well transfer just in case you want to give it a go later

32 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

You spent thousands of dollars? On Rivens? DE is somehow in the wrong here?

yes because they are preventing said person to use the equipement they paid for. they aren't nerfing it, then are PREVENTING from using it, and it's crap.

it's simple, they shouldn't have prevent anything to transfer.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

You spent thousands of dollars? On Rivens? DE is somehow in the wrong here?

I've spent thousands of dollars on prime packs and 75% off platinum deals like many others. I've used this plat to do a lot of things and one of those things is buy rivens. What is the problem here?

I'm far from the only person who plays warframe with the capability of dropping a lot of money to support the company. Should I be penalized for supporting the company when it comes time for things like migrations like this? I mean, we're only talking rivens here. We aren't even talking the tennogen stuff that doesn't transfer. That is another few hundred dollars easy.

51 minutes ago, mikakor said:

yes because they are preventing said person to use the equipement they paid for.

No, they prevented people from taking items from one platform to another. They didn't wipe out the items on the platform they came from. They have prevented you from using nothing.

20 minutes ago, Lyricallee said:

You still have your PC account, you haven't lost anything, they could easily have made folks start out fresh on switch, its a whole different platform.  

I would have rather start fresh than transfer only part of the PC account, TBH.

5 hours ago, Lyricallee said:

You still have your PC account, you haven't lost anything, they could easily have made folks start out fresh on switch, its a whole different platform.  

If they wanted the Switch version to be dead in the water on arrival...

They did this migration thing likely at great expense to themselves because they needed people to pick the game up day one.

As if that’s going to last if you take away the most important thing on those accounts.

What is a high level account without its rivens?

Not a high level account 🤷🏻‍♂️

Because transfering the most expensive items obtained through layers and layers of RNG on a fresh new platform destroys its economy. You might want to keep it, but there will always be someone wanting to sell them on a platform where none of those rivens are generated through months/years of daily sorties yet.
I understand it would frustrate anyone losing some progress, but you also have to understand why they do it. Like I said, it would destroy economy from day 1, and a brand new platform relies completely on a good plat economy to get enough income to keep that platform up. From a market point of view, they can't afford rivens being loose on the Switch.
What they could have done is make those transfered rivens untradeable, which would ensure it wouldn't affect the economy at all and players keep their progress.

Edited by Vanille

Hah, at least you get to transfer the majority of your progress.  Console players can't transfer anything at all.  Only option is to start again from scratch.    I'm not bothered about riven,  I understand how they would absolutely break the game if they did transfer.  But I would lose every frame, weapon and mod it's taken me 1500+ hours to get.  The endo, credits, resources - all gone. That's why I won't play wf on switch.

I understand about sony/microsoft not allowing accounts to be transferred to another platform.  I don't want to transfer my account though, I want to keep my xbox account as that will still be 90%or more of my time.  I just want to start a switch account and have a copy/paste done of my stuff, sans the untransferrable items of course.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I just want to start a switch account and have a copy/paste done of my stuff, sans the untransferrable items of course.

You know that this is how the transfer works, right?
Transfering from PC to Switch means, that you keep your account on PC. They just make a copy of your account and put it on the Switch.
This doesn't change anything for you, because why would Microsoft even allow something like that. I just wanted to clarify this bit.