Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anthem dropping on the 22 of February.

(PSN)aeroking55

Like the title said, it’s coming and after sinking 3 and half years in Warframe I might (heavy emphasis on might) be jumping ship if Anthem comes out the gate swinging with a 8-9/10 rating . I love this game a lot and I respect DE as a real contender to these triple A devs, possibly one of the best, but, this Fortuna update did not live up to hype for me. It felt tedious and boring and just not fun. The introduction of even more grind isn’t the content I was looking for. Snowboarding sucks and I’ll never make one of those metal ostriches when I have a cat, a dog and Carrier Prime (the best one). The folks on PC already found ways of beating that giant spider bot  solo and the drops really aren’t that good. The kit guns I’m never making because I have overpowered Rivens on both my Pyrana and Euphona Primes. That’s just a waste to me. Idk if anyone at DE will see this and I’m sure I’ll get a ton of hate for this but please DE get the lead out and give us rewarding content. Ps: I still got hope in you DE. 

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎29 at 2:02 PM, (PS4)aeroking55 said:

...if Anthem comes out the gate swinging with a 8-9/10 rating .

That's going to be a big 'if'. 

On a positive note, at least you seem to be waiting for reviews before making the plunge. This would be wise, considering the crater ME:A left behind. 

Personally, I have serious doubts BioWare can still make the games they used to make that made them one of the better RPG devs at their height. However, Anthem is closer to a Diablo or a Destiny (this is where the warning flags start popping up) type of game than something like KoTOR or Jade Empire. They might be able to pull this off. Maybe. 

The real test whether BioWare is still BioWare will be DA4--and initial impressions aren't looking good at all. 

Caveat emptor. 

14 hours ago, Sibernetika said:

Oh look another speed runner complaining that nothing lived up to their 1st hit.. Soo are we saying goodbye or are we saying goodbye till the 1st of march when you finished all the anthem content and come crawling back? 

And here is hater numero uno. If you can’t see the underlying context of what I wrote then you’re dumber than a doorknob. Everything in this is so-called update could’ve easily been implemented into the plains. Yet, over the last year what’ve we gotten? A million reruns of plague star and “ghoul presence in the plains”? Konzu takes a lunch every ten seconds? They could’ve expanded the plains exponentially instead of adding a new area that’s just gonna get left behind like conclave, lunaro, raids and lore. Albeit lore was never a strong part of DE’s agenda but some new prime trailers with tidbits of added lore would be great. They could’ve had a fomorian cruiser crash into plains. They could’ve added survival, interception, defense and excavation missions in the game on the plains. But nope we get a bootleg SSX: Tricky and iron ostriches and whole lot of fake snow. If you can’t see the potential for expansion on existing areas in the game before adding something new to only have it be left behind for another new thing in the future then the game isn’t gonna thrive. Especially if it’s more grind that’s just added as with this new update. It’ll just be oh here’s another update for you this time we’ve added balloons and streamers isn’t it great. I get that new things bring new players and that’s good I’m all for it but the players who’ve been here when super jump was a thing and before that have literally nothing to do in the game. I’ll be awaiting your response smart ass.

On 2018-12-29 at 7:02 PM, (PS4)aeroking55 said:

if Anthem comes out the gate swinging with a 8-9/10 rating

I'd be careful though if I were you, some games have a really high rating but are despised by players, Destiny 2 comes to mind despite it earning a whopping 8.5 on IGN (btw I did actually play this game, so I'm not saying it just because I play Warframe, I am genuine about my argument).

3 hours ago, (PS4)aeroking55 said:

And here is hater numero uno. If you can’t see the underlying context of what I wrote then you’re dumber than a doorknob. Everything in this is so-called update could’ve easily been implemented into the plains. Yet, over the last year what’ve we gotten? A million reruns of plague star and “ghoul presence in the plains”? Konzu takes a lunch every ten seconds? They could’ve expanded the plains exponentially instead of adding a new area that’s just gonna get left behind like conclave, lunaro, raids and lore. Albeit lore was never a strong part of DE’s agenda but some new prime trailers with tidbits of added lore would be great. They could’ve had a fomorian cruiser crash into plains. They could’ve added survival, interception, defense and excavation missions in the game on the plains. But nope we get a bootleg SSX: Tricky and iron ostriches and whole lot of fake snow. If you can’t see the potential for expansion on existing areas in the game before adding something new to only have it be left behind for another new thing in the future then the game isn’t gonna thrive. Especially if it’s more grind that’s just added as with this new update. It’ll just be oh here’s another update for you this time we’ve added balloons and streamers isn’t it great. I get that new things bring new players and that’s good I’m all for it but the players who’ve been here when super jump was a thing and before that have literally nothing to do in the game. I’ll be awaiting your response smart ass.

Seems someone doesn't know that plains was the prototype, and fortuna was an expansion on what they learned from their mistakes with plains, also someone hasn't noticed that the arcanes doesn't need to be crafted on fortuna, you now just grind standing instead of standing and several rare resources so the grinding had been reduced for many things on fortuna, this same someone also has no clue that DE is going to apply what they have learned to the plains with more content coming for the plains.. Oh and yes I have been in warframe long enough that if I wanted to back then I could have bought excal prime but look at me I'm still here 2019 playing the game and not grind or speed running.. Just on a side note the the forums has a thing about griefing so you might want to edit your post and response a bit 

2 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

Seems someone doesn't know that plains was the prototype, and fortuna was an expansion on what they learned from their mistakes with plains, also someone hasn't noticed that the arcanes doesn't need to be crafted on fortuna, you now just grind standing instead of standing and several rare resources so the grinding had been reduced for many things on fortuna, this same someone also has no clue that DE is going to apply what they have learned to the plains with more content coming for the plains.. Oh and yes I have been in warframe long enough that if I wanted to back then I could have bought excal prime but look at me I'm still here 2019 playing the game and not grind or speed running.. Just on a side note the the forums has a thing about griefing so you might want to edit your post and response a bit 

All of what you just said is the problem with warframe currently. All they brought with this update is more of the same. More arcanes. Ok more grind. Besides half the arcanes aren’t that good and that’s not actual content but ok. Look at the metrics for warframe. Viewership on twitch is down by a lot. In all categories warframe is in the 20s. Games like WoW, Dota 2, GTA 5, LoL, Overwatch and Fortnite are consistently in the single digits to teens of the highest viewed. Yea they’ve introduced more of the same but yet they excel where it seems that DE is lacking. Months of a content drought to only bring the same thing. New weapons, skins, frames is not content. You say that they’ve learned from their mistakes but I don’t see it. Plains was the prototype. Ok then expand on it. Lore is lacking heavy in this game. Expand on it. Don’t be a hater man. See where I’m coming from before bringing the hate. 

On 2018-12-29 at 9:02 PM, (PS4)aeroking55 said:

Like the title said, it’s coming and after sinking 3 and half years in Warframe I might (heavy emphasis on might) be jumping ship if Anthem comes out the gate swinging with a 8-9/10 rating

believes game journalists in 2019 OMEGALUL

Edited by Guest

We would be so lucky if Anthem is 8-9/10 and good...because both Warframe and Destiny will need to step up their A-game and when De was hungry against Bungie they really showered us with new mods, events, and new movement system....(uggg the pain of the Stamina bar was tossed out)...so perhaps a lot of the unnecessary grind gates and other issues will get addressed when their internal numbers spur them into the directions they need to take to stave off player loss... and Destiny Players might be the one group who gets everything re-worked for the better with another Sci-Fi shooter wiping away the leeway of resting on their set scheduled improvements.

1 hour ago, Pr1A said:

believes game journalists in 2019 OMEGALUL

That was an obvious joke but you looked right pass that huh...flew way over your head. And the fact that I made it clear to put heavy emphasis on “might” was a bit of giveaway but ok. If the game comes out and it’s rates high amongst streamers and YouTubers then I’ll check it out for myself. I really hope those DE nuts in your mouth taste aren’t too salty. OMEGALUL

Edited by (PS4)aeroking55

7 hours ago, (PS4)aeroking55 said:

All of what you just said is the problem with warframe currently. All they brought with this update is more of the same. More arcanes. Ok more grind. Besides half the arcanes aren’t that good and that’s not actual content but ok. Look at the metrics for warframe. Viewership on twitch is down by a lot. In all categories warframe is in the 20s. Games like WoW, Dota 2, GTA 5, LoL, Overwatch and Fortnite are consistently in the single digits to teens of the highest viewed. Yea they’ve introduced more of the same but yet they excel where it seems that DE is lacking. Months of a content drought to only bring the same thing. New weapons, skins, frames is not content. You say that they’ve learned from their mistakes but I don’t see it. Plains was the prototype. Ok then expand on it. Lore is lacking heavy in this game. Expand on it. Don’t be a hater man. See where I’m coming from before bringing the hate. 

If your problem with warframe is the grind and that we're getting different content of the same thing and that there isn't enough lore then I have to ask.. Have you paid attention to warframe? It's basically a 3rd person space sci-fi diablo.. Oh and lack of lore you, as someone that's been around for ages as you claim would know lore has never been a warframe thing, it's only recently that they really started working on the Lore.. And in the last 3 years a game that went from almost no lore to 5 comic books, lore hunts, in game cinematic quests that further expands on the lore.. I would say warframe has had a huge sudden lore boost, but alas that is still not good enough for you.. I hope anthem is good they need your "constructive" criticism. 

Well, another one of those "I will leave WF for a new game" threads as a disguise for "pls no more content drought/change the game to suit me."

Why am I not surprised?

13 hours ago, Pr1A said:

believes game journalists in 2019

Going to quote this for emphasis. 

The so-called game journos don't have your interests in mind...at all. This is largely why GamerGate came to be. Self-proclaimed game journos are not to be trusted and you know who they are. 

However, independent YouTubers can be trusted to some degree. It varies like most things, but many gamers have a few in mind that have similar interests to themselves and can be relied upon not the virtue signal everything that comes along--that actually have some thoughts in their heads. 

Devs like BioWare, Bungie, Blizzard, and now Bethesda have to be watched very carefully and from multiple viewpoints. The first three have proved they can no longer make games like they used to. The last seems well on its way to a similar fate (2019 going forward will tell if FO76 is an outlier or the new standard). It's unfortunate and caution is the watchword when making decisions to spend money.