Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvP Be Honest instead of a NAC

(PSN)Hallowed_Shrine

Hey There Folks,

Before you dig into me, I'm already aware of the fact that you all are not at all fond of the current system....

What I wanna know here is what each of you would have to see improve before you would consider it as a valuable as the rest of the game.

The biggest part for me, honestly is the power difference between some of the frames abilities or not being able to use them correctly. I feel like if they worked the correct way in all aspects of the game , this alone may make if fun again. I'd also like to see lager maps in general for PvP.

PvP Be Honest instead of a NAC (Not A Convict).

• Like 1

The over the top amount of parkour, and the speeds at which you can move around the level combined with many poorly balanced items.

Remove that, and the PvP would imo improve.

Ofc by doing that you're removing one of the core aspects that make it Warframe, but that in itself should show that Warframe is not a PvP game and shouldn't be made into one.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Hallowed_Shrine said:

What I wanna know here is what each of you would have to see improve before you would consider it as a valuable as the rest of the game.

Nothing, I want it gone. It's not negotiable, that's what I want.

I can put up with it's existence if it is completely divorced from the game proper. But I'll always vote for complete removal.

• Like 2

I don't think Direct PvP can work in this game.

I would love something kind of moba/pokemon oriented where we outfit spectres and fight other players spectres with indirect control. It would require a serious look at AI in the game, but that sort of thing could be applied outside of PvP.

Well, idk what i can say more than what was already said.

Warframe for what is it now is not a game suitable for pvp. Maybe something like lunaro can work, but latency is still a problem (even if now is less than it was when there were no dedicated servers and being the host meant 99% win)

What I would have to see in order to consider PvP a good thing for the game would require time travel.  PvP, when tacked onto a PvE game in order to appease PvP fans, just doesn't work.  A game has to be designed from the ground up with PvP in mind for it to function well in the finished product. 

If you can convince me that Warframe was designed with such forethought, I may reconsider my position, but you'd be very hard pressed to do so.

• Like 2

There are quite a few things. Mainly I think what could be looked at is reintroducing stamina. By that I mean, the mobility of the game should not be directly affected, but by having a stamina system that would slow down the jumping and gliding specifically, the game modes might be a bit more enjoyable. There are some who are insanely good at this game and we can't deny it. But there is a point where you must call BS. Also I might suggest going against some of the concepts of the game and turning many of the weapons into reskins. The later is a problem where if there's a massive arsenal to choose from, there is either one weapon that is better then the rest and some that are garbage, or that the weapons are so similar to be effectively (or actually) the exact same thing just with a different appearance. Of the two options, I prefer the later one.

Lunaro's problem is mostly in that there are some "advanced techniques" that make the game very one-sided. Basically these sorts of techniques make it so the first one to hold the ball is most likely to score, damn near impossible to counter or catch and even when you do, end up devolving into a melee spam-skirmish. If such techniques are either fixed or worked into the game-mode in a more sensible way (something similar to what happened to coptering) and a sort of referee system where if too much melee bashing is going on, the teams get separated or something, then it might still be salvaged. It's a fun game-mode when it works as intended! The crowds going wild, the clutch moments. It really hits at the core concept and idea of what Lunaro was thought to be. 

I am also intrigued by the idea of PvP by Proxy. Meaning we take control of non-frame entities like specters (assuming we don't do that already, in-universe) of Corpus, Grineer or standard Lotus agent forms. But that is even more of a departure from the core gameplay loop that I question the possibility of DE allocating enough resources to it to make it into something that wouldn't go up in flames the first few days people get their hands on them. 

I believe that the gameplay of Warframe is why the PVP is so unplayed.

The Parkour, the movement, the chaos just isn't fun. It's more frustrating in practice.

I personally feel DE should rework PVP into a mini-game of sorts.

Wait! Hear me out...

As PVP is a separate mode I think it should be one where players play as the Enemy Factions.

Grineer, Corpus, & yes...Infested.

It should have various modes: Skirmish (a simple 1 & done match), Conquest (literally Star Wars Battlefront II's Conquest mode), & Invasion.

I believe having players play as these units removes the main issue with PVP. As NPCs don't move like players.

Also, playing as them would be a breath of fresh air for players.

Like in Battlefront, players can unlock new units, mods, & faction specific weapons.

Invasion missions I think could be a good way to help a faction take missions nodes, players Tenno could be a hero unit.

It could be a fun mode. That changes things up.

Now DE won't have to have 2 versions of every weapon, warframe ability, & etc.

Impo. That would be pvp I could get behind.

Edit:

I just realized that @Lakais & I are on the same page.

(Yes...I did a Forum sin. I only read the OP then posted.)

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

My main issue is that for some dumb reason that all prime, wraith, vandal, and prisma weapons are statistically worse than the base versions in conclave and their only buffs are in irrelevant stats that doesn't do anything useful to the weapons like less damage and more firerate on a sniper, like are you serious?! 

Ive played conclave a bit and I can tell you actually hitting moving targets just comes with practice it is not as bad as everyone is acting like it is but I do agree there needs to be a limit on weapons, damage, and warframes to balance out the playing field for everyone a bit.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Hallowed_Shrine said:

before you would consider it as a valuable as the rest of the game.

It never will be. from what I heard Conclave was something the community asked for. It's the polar opposite of Co-op PvE which is what Warframe has been based upon since it was released. Also from what I heard DE only has 2 people working on conclave at any point in time, so I don't think there will be a large enough team to change conclave to the point where many are fond of it. 

Edited by Fire2box

Battle Royale Warframe. Operator mode. Collect Warframe, collect weapons, last Operator standing.

Coming from a PUBG player. It's the only PVP I am interested in. All others pvp mode are boring as hell already.

Edited by ZesiMuerte

Warframe is just not mechanically built for pvp.

Our parkour is gross. We're basically rabid bunny-kangaroo hybrids with guns.

Weapons and abilities are unbalanced. I mean, how CAN you balance the heaps of weapons and abilities we have? We've got too much stuff that does too many things. We could limit the pool of weapons and warframes that are PvP-allowed, sure, but then we'd spend the next entirety of our lives wading through "i'm angry, my favorite [warframe or weapon] isn't allowed in pvp, de add it or im suing >:(((" forum posts. And nobody likes those type of posts. And then players would establish a meta. Play with THIS warframe, and THIS weapon, or you're trolling and don't deserve to win. And that causes players to be unhappy with other players, which breeds toxicity, which makes PVP in warframe seem elitist and- yeah. I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm only toxic in league and black desert. Warframe is supposed to be my happy chill game.

so, wat do?

Nerf parkour? Great! Now we've taken a system of movement- one of the most basic fundamentals of the entire game; something that we've become accustomed to and gradually improved with over the span of months/years- cut a small part of it off, and doused the rest with gasoline and lit it on fire. That's a nono.

Maybe, ehh.. slow down the game time? Now we're all living in this sloggy, molasses-feeling matrix game. We're all accustomed to the inherent speed of Warframe, and everyone would be pissy about it.

To make PvP in a game like this viable, it would have to either unbuckle from the main game, or be indirect PvP.

Unbuckle - In PVP, we'd have to no longer be those rabid steroid gunbunnies I was talking about earlier. Parkour, movement, warframes - nah. Make us play as something entirely different, so that we could properly implement new mechanics for a new gamemode wherein we play as new things. Bonus points if we make it tie into Warframe. I was thinking maybe grineer vs. corpus crossfire where we control the grineer and corpus. Each side has classes+abilities+weapons based on different types of units, and maybe you could add some weird sport thing into it. "Capture the Datamass and bring it to home base" or "King of the Control Point". Maybe if we do some special objective during a match, allow a player to change into a warframe for a limited time to fight- kinda like how it's done in the recent star wars game where players can become a jedi for a while.

Indirect PvP - We wouldn't be fighting eachother directly, but we'd be doing some sort of challenge against the other in order to win. Destiny 2 Gambit is the obvious choice here; as someone who loves Warframe, Destiny, and stomping plebs, this is probably the best thing to do if Warframe really wanted PvP. We get to keep our ridiculous gameplay but we don't use it against eachother (directly). Of course, I'm not JUST saying we could do with something like Gambit. The gist is that players could be given a goal, a way to reach that goal, and ways to stop the opposing side from getting to that goal.