Moderation in Chats

(NSW)Draculina

Well, I'm currently playing on the Nintendo Switch and I've noticed that Moderators are pretty rare there. I know it was not my best idea but I took on the role of a Moderator to get the Chat following the rules. It really was extreme. There was Sexual harassment, Verbal abuse, random people spamming all the time and nothing happened. Nothing. They didn't got kicked/banned, just nothing. Please put some Moderators over to Nintendo Switch or Recruit new ones. Because it's really not funny anymore... 

• Like 2

And people ask why chat moderation sometimes is too strict...."give an inch take a mile".

@(NSW)LadyLubella DE are on holiday and they are coming back on the 6th(or so I heard), until then it's only the support staff that are filing the blanks.

So there isn't much to do until then but to let them know(Your post is just that), until then might as well bear the pain or turn off region chat for your sanity.

vor 52 Minuten schrieb (NSW)LadyLubella:

Well, I'm currently playing on the Nintendo Switch and I've noticed that Moderators are pretty rare there. I know it was not my best idea but I took on the role of a Moderator to get the Chat following the rules. It really was extreme. There was Sexual harassment, Verbal abuse, random people spamming all the time and nothing happened. Nothing. They didn't got kicked/banned, just nothing. Please put some Moderators over to Nintendo Switch or Recruit new ones. Because it's really not funny anymore... 

Hello there @(NSW)LadyLubella and welcome to the official Warframe Forums^-^

Thank you for bringing this topic up here. At the moment there are only very very few Chat-Moderators out there on the Switch. I personally only play in the german-region (since my switch settings are most of the time turned to german-language) so I do not know how the chat behaves/looks in your region.
In what region are you playing? English EU or English NA? I bet most of the time everyone there is using region as a recruiting-chat aswell.... 

atm I can only give you the same advice asHellVOps already did: you might consider turning off region for your sanity if it is really getting out of hand (or report certain players with a ticket to support if they are breaking the rules hard)

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, koryfunny said:

also you could provide some chat screenshots with names censored to show how bad the chat is

i mean, its region chat. its gonna be very bad as its baseline. 

now imagine it without any moderation. 

yes im scared too. 

• Like 2

just took a look at English-NorthAmerica-Region-Chat on Nintendo Switch:
Yeaaaaa, they react like they have never seen or heard about Chat-Moderation before. The (sadly "usual") high amount of recruiting in region is the smallest problem, but yet very consistent. Some people out there using "bad words" (to put it lightly) too, soooo I will just double down on the following:

Atm there are not enough Chat-Moderators out there to cover Nintendo Switch, specially the english region chats. seem to suffer a lot under the lack of moderation.
For the moment (and for your own sanity) I think you should turn off the Region-Chat~ (I really don't like to say that, but ...yea...)

• Like 1

On 2018-12-29 at 10:44 PM, Fabpsi said:

Hello there @(NSW)LadyLubella and welcome to the official Warframe Forums^-^

Thank you for bringing this topic up here. At the moment there are only very very few Chat-Moderators out there on the Switch. I personally only play in the german-region (since my switch settings are most of the time turned to german-language) so I do not know how the chat behaves/looks in your region.
In what region are you playing? English EU or English NA? I bet most of the time everyone there is using region as a recruiting-chat aswell.... 

atm I can only give you the same advice asHellVOps already did: you might consider turning off region for your sanity if it is really getting out of hand (or report certain players with a ticket to support if they are breaking the rules hard)

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

Thanks for the reply Fabpsi and the others. My main problem is not my own Sanity, it's the Sanity/Safety of others. A few days ago there was someone asking for phone numbers, Instagram accounts etc. I pretended to be a Moderator and told him he would get banned if he doesn't stop, good thing it worked. Just please recruit or put some more Moderators to Switch. I'm in the german region too by the way. And a final question: May I act as a Moderator for the time the real ones are not available? Because I don't want to keep this up and maybe getting banned for it. I'm now for 4 days, almost the whole time in the chat, trying to do my best to make everyone following the rules.

Thanks, ~Lilith

• Like 1

Report should work still if it's that serious. (not the in game one, the one on this site)

And no, that's a bad excuse, this still doesn't justify certain attention seeking actual mods abusing their privileges to virtue signal and get their good boi points and pats in the head on their Tumblr sjw clownsects...

4 hours ago, (NSW)LadyLilith said:

A few days ago there was someone asking for phone numbers, Instagram accounts etc. 

Creepy, don't think you would get banned for this, but i also doubt anyone would fall for this scam, whoever would would learn an important life lesson, just report and tag them with an ignore.

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

Creepy, don't think you would get banned for this, but i also doubt anyone would fall for this scam, whoever would would learn an important life lesson, just report and tag them with an ignore.

Its Nintendo Switch...

Little kids will fall for it. And Switch has a significantly higher young audience than XB1 & PS4. (That is not an insult. It's just me being blunt.)

If I told you how many times I see veterans & trolls tricking kids out of plat, mods, & etc. You'd seriously start to hate the community.

For every good Tenno there are 50 bad ones I swear....

Once the bad ones get punished they act like martyrs & pretend the world is unjust.

"I was in region chat after picking berries to give to some homeless orphans who are struggling with illness. When suddenly a Moderator came out & banned me!!! I was just telling the orphan what the name of the Berry was. Not my fault the Berry's name happens to be [🙅‍♂️🙅‍♀️]! It was obviously named from the City I found them in! But ALAS...to my horror the Mod wrongllfully punished me. Said I was being disrespectful. DE needs to remove all mods. They are all corrupt."

I try not to think about it anymore. Can't be helped.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

This is so weird.

Someone sees players misbehaving in region chat. They do not do what DE asks players to do: get a screen and send a report. They just pretend to be the moderator and fool at least one player.

Then, they think that pretending to be a moderator may be a bannable offence. So... they asks for the blessing to continue to pretend to be a moderator in GD?

Most responses are: "Oh, chat is a toxic pit, why do you even bother".

It is like someone putting on a self-made cop hat and handing out self-made parking tickets. Using their idea of what is wrong and what is right... And no one telling them that they should stop.

Is it an early April's Fool joke?

On 2018-12-31 at 4:09 PM, rand0mname said:

This is so weird.

Someone sees players misbehaving in region chat. They do not do what DE asks players to do: get a screen and send a report. They just pretend to be the moderator and fool at least one player.

Then, they think that pretending to be a moderator may be a bannable offence. So... they asks for the blessing to continue to pretend to be a moderator in GD?

Most responses are: "Oh, chat is a toxic pit, why do you even bother".

It is like someone putting on a self-made cop hat and handing out self-made parking tickets. Using their idea of what is wrong and what is right... And no one telling them that they should stop.

Is it an early April's Fool joke?

Pretty much what people hate about chat moderators who are official... Using their own idea of what is wrong and right, and nobody telling them they should stop. 

• Like 2

I watch region chat a few minutes a day just to see how the world is devolving into a state of idiocracy.  Just like the movie just not as bad... yet.

To be honest region is toxic on all platforms.  People are always testing the limits of the bots cause that's DEs answer to chat moderation.

Edited by (PS4)Ashagin

Le 31/12/2018 à 11:09, rand0mname a dit :

They just pretend to be the moderator and fool at least one player.

Except he didn't say he pretended to be an official moderator, he said he took on the role of one and reminded people of the usage rules.

It's not the equivalent of giving out fake parking tickets and wearing a police hat since OP literally has no moderation power over the chat, he didn't claim to be an official nor did he have the power to enforce anything.
If anything he was just a nosy civilian who saw troublemakers and decided to intervene verbally.

You're allowed to remind people of rules and the punishment that goes with it.
Going from 0-100% and reporting an entire chat worth of people without trying to calm things down would just overload support with "petty" claims.

He didn't ask to become a moderator, he asked for better moderation in general.
Did you even bother reading or was it too important to make up a story?

Edit ; I was proven wrong, consider above statements shenanigans. OP indeed pretended to be an official moderator.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

2 часа назад, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX сказал:

Except he didn't say he pretended to be an official moderator, he said he took on the role of one and reminded people of the usage rules.

It's not the equivalent of giving out fake parking tickets and wearing a police hat since OP literally has no moderation power over the chat, he didn't claim to be an official nor did he have the power to enforce anything.
If anything he was just a nosy civilian who saw troublemakers and decided to intervene verbally.

You're allowed to remind people of rules and the punishment that goes with it.
Going from 0-100% and reporting an entire chat worth of people without trying to calm things down would just overload support with "petty" claims.

He didn't ask to become a moderator, he asked for better moderation in general.
Did you even bother reading or was it too important to make up a story?

В 31.12.2018 в 12:39, (NSW)LadyLilith сказал:

I pretended to be a Moderator and told him he would get banned if he doesn't stop, good thing it worked.

And a final question: May I act as a Moderator for the time the real ones are not available? Because I don't want to keep this up and maybe getting banned for it.

Thanks, ~Lilith

Yes. I did read it. Have you?

• Like 1