Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Aborting after Heist reward messing up clients

TheSteelRat

Was doing multiple Heist #2 in an attempt to get Atmo and Repeller systems to rank up Vox Solaris standing.

I have a lower end computer and my load times from entering the elevator, or being able to walk out on Orb Vallis is about 90 seconds.  90% of the time I was joining a pub squad, and typically ended up being #4.  The other 10% it would be another 90 seconds for me (as host) to get a full squad formed and spawned.

For when I joined, a pub squad as client.  Half of those missions would end as soon as I entered Vallis, Other squad members were waiting at door to leave) and a few I would not even get the rewards.  What made it even worse, is that after getting the Mission reward, players would often abort the mission and "leave to fortuna" as a way to save time doing multiple runs.  Which would lead to another 90 seconds of "Host migration" or even losing the squad and being booted to my orbiter.

This reminds me a lot of the initial Shadow Acolyte missions where people would speed run the missions and abort if it was not a rare Mod, leaving the clients with "Host migration" and dead time while they wait for the mission to reload.  I have been literally spending more time in loading screens then actually doing the Heists and this is not the experaince I think that is 

Can we PLEASE stop allowing hosts to mess up the clients missions by aborting?  Or at least give them a cooldown so they cannot host for the next mission and exasperate the problem of host migrations

• 3 weeks later...

happened to me plenty of times and of all things at the end of profit taker

there's no fix for it nor they can change it without changing how game sessions are hosted

2 hours ago, Thoogah said:

happened to me plenty of times and of all things at the end of profit taker

there's no fix for it nor they can change it without changing how game sessions are hosted

There is indeed a fix, but it would make everyone not happy. Remove the ability to abort missions entirely. Because then people would have to resort to alt+f4 or dropping their net connection, both of which tend to be much more time consuming than speedrunners will find valuable compared to waiting in an elevator for 10 seconds.

• 4 weeks later...