Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A solid idea for New Player Experience

Ktro

Make some quests like the high quality ones, if not like natah one which gives player direction after vor quest. And a proper indicator like quest tab in the mission menu. Looking for quest in codex does not feel natural and thus new players dont. 

How i came to this conclusion :

Recently with fortuna many of my friends had joined the warframe family. After 5 days they were ready to leave. They were like the story was progressing then nothing. It was vor quest that hooked them. I led them to do natah and they got hooked with the serial quests. 

DE plz do something. It will increase your revenue and get us new blood

il y a 11 minutes, Ktro a dit :

Make some quests like the high quality ones

This was already brought up, the Dev are overwhelmed by trying to make high-quality cinematic Lore and it's impending on the progression of the game.

There's already a pretty fair amount of "Directions" to be taken after Vor's quest and plenty of story to slowly understand as you progress through the map.

If 5 days is all it took them to not like the idea of the game specifically because there was no shiny cinematic quest on every planet then I'm sorry to say they probably won't enjoy the game even after high-quality cinematics have been pushed forward, there's no real investment here.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

I think junctions were supposed to help with this, but they still aren't conventional. They provide some direction but you still have to have to have the desire to pursue them. Beyond this its just the need to explore the game and get gear, which requires completing the game from all angles. 

In the end most of the games content is geared towards completionism and people who enjoy collecting, trying/using, and modifying gear. And fashion frame. If that's not appealing to a player early-on Its doubtful they would play very much after they do all the main quests. 

Personally, I feel the game would benefit from some kind of follow-up mini-quest to the Vor introduction, something to actually establish at least the basics of the setting. Who am I? OK, I don't remember, got it. It'll come to me. Who are the Grenier and the Corpus? Just in general? What's an "orokin?" What's that "void" thing off in the corner of the map? OK, we don't really know but we've established they exist. What's my goal? Mercenary assassin for the most part, no real goal, got it. Just... Acknowledge that new players are new and might not even know that some of these things even EXIST for us to know anything about in the first place.

Of the few friends I have who've tried the game, the majority either don't care about the story and are playing for the gameplay or were absolutely alienated by the story and stopped playing because they felt completely lost. I get that a lot of this is supposed to be unknown and mysterious and rolled out over time, but SOME foundation of SOME kind would help tremendously. Give me a reason to care about any of it.