Boltor Prime

LoneWolveYoutube

I Really need some help making this thing work.  I've tried a couple different builds, and It's still taking a lot more bullets than it should to kill tier 5 Fortuna enemies.  I jumped into a level 60 grineer mission, and it was still taking like 8-15 bullets to kill some of the basic enemies. Is there something I'm missing or is this gun just a little poopee?

unknown.png

You can save that Vazarin (D) polarity since there's a Primed Cyro Rounds. Also move that polarity down since you're doing Magnetic damage instead of Corrosive, since Magnetic is pretty bad against armor. I would probably get rid of the Heavy Caliber to make Corrosive/Cold or Viral/Heat or Elec.

Finally, try to fully upgrade Serration.

Edited by Duality52

1 hour ago, z3us32610 said:

switch out high voltage for malignant rounds and go viral. that's the first thing I would do

This was my first thought as soon as I saw your build.

Bypass shields altogether with Toxin and cut health in half with the Viral PRoC.

Don’t hammer away at defenses and health.  Bypass and gut them.

Also consider your frame build:

Saryn’s tox/Viral AoE

Volt’s Capacitance (4) to stun/Overshields recharge.

Volt’s Shield to add crit boost.

MESA regulators with Viral/Tox and shattershield.

There are more.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This was my first thought as soon as I saw your build.

Bypass shields altogether with Toxin and cut health in half with the Viral PRoC.

Don’t hammer away at defenses and health.  Bypass and gut them.

Isn't that impossible? Viral need Toxin and Cold right? But then you can't use pure Toxin because Toxin already combine with Cold, and you can't go Gas because Toxin already combine with Cold so it can't combine with Heat.

For me I would go Pure Toxin and Boost Punture Damage by +Punture Mod. Boltor Prime isn't good when doing Critical build so I would go damage. But at high level Viral would be a good status and I may add some Heat just to make them Panic when Proc.

46 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

Isn't that impossible? Viral need Toxin and Cold right? But then you can't use pure Toxin because Toxin already combine with Cold, and you can't go Gas because Toxin already combine with Cold so it can't combine with Heat.

For me I would go Pure Toxin and Boost Punture Damage by +Punture Mod. Boltor Prime isn't good when doing Critical build so I would go damage. But at high level Viral would be a good status and I may add some Heat just to make them Panic when Proc.

You can set your mods based on damage and position to get both.

It may require moving polarized slots around, which requires the weapon to be forma’d once.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

vor 52 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Silverback73:

You can set your mods based on damage and position to get both.

It may require moving polarized slots around, which requires the weapon to be forma’d once.

It's not possible to create viral + toxin on a weapon that doesn't have innate viral damage, as viral combines toxin & cold. The Boltor doesn't have that, so what you are suggesting is impossible.

Also regarding increasing puncture damage: IPS stat boosts are useless outside of slash, you're always better off increasing elemental damage.

Modding for crits on the boltor prime is also not optimal, just drop that and slap on more elemental damage.

Edited by Leland_Gaunt
typo