(PS4)jonathanblau

Best amp for eidolon hunting currently

Before fortuna drop . I have been using 223(shwaak shraksun lohrin) for my amp. Now fortuna is here and have many new amp. There are x27 or 777 or x77 currently. So which is better 223 vs 777 vs x77 vs x27?

227 is an 8% crit/status increase from the 223. the 3 in 223 gives you 12% crit/status while the 7 in a 227 gives you 20%, so while it is better than a 223, unless you dont already have a 223, its probably not really worth rebuilding a new amp for it. the real question is if the 77x parts are better. if i remember right the x7x has really short range and can kill you really easy with self damage. id like to see how 7x7 does though

edit: was just thinking and honestly the 5 and 6 parts might not be bad either. would have to test everything with the 7 brace really., the 5 and 6 scaffolds are decent ranged explosives and might have a good chance of overtaking the 2 scaffold. will probably see some youtube videos in the next couple weeks on it, i certainly dont have the time or patience to build all of the stuff

Edited by -Defeater-

x77 is better then x27. Higher crit means more reliable crit, so you one shot shields much more consistently. Ofc that assumes you're using Virtuos Shadow, because if you don't, then Shraksun will have higher dps simply because you only get up to 3 shots on charged amp with Propa, Shraksun can keep firing without waiting for recharge.

On 2018-12-30 at 5:24 AM, -Defeater- said:

227 is an 8% crit/status increase from the 223. the 3 in 223 gives you 12% crit/status while the 7 in a 227 gives you 20%, so while it is better than a 223, unless you dont already have a 223, its probably not really worth rebuilding a new amp for it. the real question is if the 77x parts are better. if i remember right the x7x has really short range and can kill you really easy with self damage. id like to see how 7x7 does though

edit: was just thinking and honestly the 5 and 6 parts might not be bad either. would have to test everything with the 7 brace really., the 5 and 6 scaffolds are decent ranged explosives and might have a good chance of overtaking the 2 scaffold. will probably see some youtube videos in the next couple weeks on it, i certainly dont have the time or patience to build all of the stuff

cant really see how the 227 would be better than 223 regardless if you have the 223 already or not.

the 7 brace ONLY gives 20% crit and NO status whereas the 3 gives 12% of both status and crit, so youre losing 12% status to only get 8% crit? thats definitely worse.

223 still the best combo.

only reason to craft a new amp is if you want to have a different fire mode, so lets say you go 623 instead, so you have the same crit/status and AoE from alt-fire to kill vomvalist mob groups etc but a new main fire mode vs the eidolon i guess (its a flamethrower of some kind like ignis wraith)

I use the Shwaak prism, Propa scattfold, and Certus brace. I believe the number would be 277? Kind of new to this number code thing. 

The reason is because the Certus brace has the highest critical chance making my normal fire 30% critical and my alternate fire 50%.

I use the Propa scattfold cause it delivers a very powerful explosion that can hit multiple enemies in close space.

Last I still use the Shwaak prism because it has the best firing in my opinion. For starters, one shot can hit multiple targets and does a good amount of damage. Easiest way to wipe out vomvalysts. Plus Madurai Void Strike makes it worth having a single powerful shot to take out shields.

My 277 amp can reduce a teralyst’s shields very quickly on my own. My alternate fire can do over 4,000 damage to the shields every now and then. Second most common damage number is almost 3,000. So I can take out a teralyst on my own which gives my squad time to charge up their Void Strike to take out the Gauntalist and Hydrolist. Using the same prism, they can one shot the shields of both sentients and the guy with the Rhino can shoot off the limbs of the Hydrolist while I can easily shoot off the Gauntalyst’s. 

I’ve tested the amp and it works for me. Don’t always have the perfect team though.