Daily Cap rollover/accumulation?

FeralKuja

I know daily caps are by design intended to help players not burn through new content on day 1, as well as encourage players to do different things, but if one misses a day they're 100% behind on the particular rep they want.

I suggest a mechanic to where reputation caps can rollover or accumulate up to a few days (Optionally increased based on MR) so that if one needs/wants a break they're not totally 100% behind the amount of days they take a break for, and can still keep pace if they come back and grind things out.

I remember another game having a similar cap on progress (A weekly cap of the currencies used for leveling and unlocking classes/abilities), and the unattained amount would roll over up to 10 weeks worth of cap to ensure one could catch up after a hiatus or break.

I'd say a 3-5 day accumulation/rollover would be fair, and optionally they could add the function for Affinity Boosters to accelerate the rate of acquiring rep from the "rollover" stock.

19 minutes ago, FeralKuja said:

I'd say a 3-5 day accumulation/rollover would be fair, and optionally they could add the function for Affinity Boosters to accelerate the rate of acquiring rep from the "rollover" stock.

It's like queueing Forma in the Foundry. You wouldn't login as regular as of now. 

Sure there are people who can't login every day and yes it's unfair to them, but still DE would potentially lose logins and playtime from lots of people

And this issue only occurs in the beginning of the game.

I'm at a point were I neither do daily Syndicate missions nor do I even max ma daily cap

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

As someone who does his dailies on a nigh-religious level, I can tell you it really doesn't matter. The only reason I even do them anymore is so I can buy the weapons every few days for a little extra plat, and I bank the medallions so I can load up on relic packs when new Prime gear is released.

The Fortuna/Cetus/Ventkids ones are even easier to avoid because you eventually get to a point where there's no reason at all to do them. There's no sink to any of them unless you really, really like crafting the modular gear, and while Fortuna has consumable baits, their prices are easily handled by casual standing acquisition.

• Like 2