Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soooo...now that we have Orbs...are we gonna get Orbframe?

METAHUMVN

Eidolons >>> Revenant. 

Orbs >>> Orbframe incoming?

TBH Revenant is one of my fav warframes rn and also happens to be devastatingly tanky and powerful. I wonder what an Orbframe would look like. 

I hope it's something super crazy, with an oversized Orblike head that shoots a concentrated laser (as one of its powers maybe, like and exalted cannon). In fact, it's head should be the center of its power. Just like Revenant is built around his left arm of glory, so the Orbframe should be built around its head. 

I'm trying to find a pic online of something similar that doesn't look stupid, but I hope you can get the idea. It should have really broad shoulders, a skinny waist, modular looking spider-like limbs, etc. Of course, for the sake of consistency and practicality, it should still be biped, able to work with all the usual frame stances and attachments, etc. But just like Revenant's body and texture is unlike any other frame, so should the Orbframe's appearance. 

It should have a special shield power, similar to Revenant, maybe one that gets charged up with dmg over time instead of just being cast. And as for its ult, it should be an exalted beam cannon from is head, or some type of unholy orbital strike from above with rockets. 

Thoughts?

Maybe it'd look something like this, of course with a more Warframe/Tenno/Orb-consistent appearance. 

Spoiler

Related image

Edited by METAHUMVN

I mean...lorewise that would be difficult, no? Eidolons are old, they’re relics of the Sentient War, and Revenant took a long, looong time to be corrupted and wyrded by the remnants on Earth. Orbs are supposed to be a relatively new and expensive infrastructural development by a faction of the Corpus.

Of course, that could get handwaved in like two seconds flat if DE decide they want an Orbframe, so who knows.

• Like 7

I don't really like the idea of Orbframe. But we may get Corpus-theme frame in the future (robotic proxies ability?)... Since... you know... Corpus were already there when the Old war begins. But since the Orb were suppose to be constructed after the Old war end (or rather... after the Orokin Era end). There should be no new Warframe research at that point.

Not to mention Revenent weren't really Eidolons theme but Vampire (although, I think it would be Vlad but there are no 'Impaler' ability...). He just got contaminated by Eidolons power over a very long time (atleast from Old war to present). Basically, if he would have Prime varient it would be Vampire theme not Eidolons one (like how Valkry Prime works).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I mean...lorewise that would be difficult, no? Eidolons are old, they’re relics of the Sentient War, and Revenant took a long, looong time to be corrupted and wyrded by the remnants on Earth. Orbs are supposed to be a relatively new and expensive infrastructural development by a faction of the Corpus.

Of course, that could get handwaved in like two seconds flat if DE decide they want an Orbframe, so who knows.

56 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

I don't really like the idea of Orbframe. But we may get Corpus-theme frame in the future (robotic proxies ability?)... Since... you know... Corpus were already there when the Old war begins. But since the Orb were suppose to be constructed after the Old war end (or rather... after the Orokin Era end). There should be no new Warframe research at that point.

Not to mention Revenent weren't really Eidolons theme but Vampire (although, I think it would be Vlad but there are no 'Impaler' ability...). He just got contaminated by Eidolons power over a very long time (atleast from Old war to present). Basically, if he would have Prime varient it would be Vampire theme not Eidolons one (like how Valkry Prime works).

Great points. I didn't think of that. I forgot about the "can it be primed" rule lol. 

Now that I think of it's probably more likely that the Orbtech will be used to create our own robot proxies like Noche mentioned.

I agree, it wouldn't be canon to have an Orbframe, not unless the frame is based off the ancient tech or something that the Orbs are created on...

My personal pet Orb. Battle machines. Deployable Hyeans. Count me in. 

Edited by METAHUMVN

32 minutes ago, (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL said:

How is he trash exactly

Enthrall is horrible and the fact that they tied all of Revs synergies to that ability just makes him worse off.

Mesmer skin is the worst tank ability due to the extremely limited about of times you can get hit.

Reave only really serves as an ok way to self heal and faster mobility while using Danse Macabre.

Danse Macabre is his only good ability. It represents everything that the rest of his kit should have been. If it wasn’t for Steve stepping in and giving him this ability Rev would be in the same boat as Wukong and Vauban. But this single ability does not excuse the rest of his abilities being hot garbage.

13 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

well considering Alad V's research, and the fact that the Corpus have begun fusing their own technology with Sentient tech (Battacor, Ocucor, various rooms within the Enrichment Labs Complex), it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume they could amke a warframe. the key difference of course is the lack of an operator: instead of a Void Powered child, it would initially be created as a Proxy, with the agility, powerful abilities and appearance of a Warframe, then during this frame's quest, we could steal the prototype and have it modified to accept a Somatic Link, allowing the Operator to use transference and control it as they would any other frame.

whilst they may be more animalistic and have flesh parts (and sometimes tragic pasts), without an operator, Warframes are still essentially just more advanced Proxies. replace the corpus circuitry with the components necessary for transference and boom - one freshly stolen Orbframe now available for Tenno use, and releitively well-kept into the lore.

some ability ideas (thrown out in the early hours without much thought, bear in mind)

- a powerful kick attack that mimics the melees of the medium sized orbs. it could have large Spikes/blades mounted on it's legs and deal massive Puncture/Slash damage.

- mini-raknoid summons! our own little army of spider-bots that slice enemies to ribbons!

- web abilities! proper spider-man style webs of void energy that stick enemies to walls and floors, and large webs could be placed as a means of crowd control.

- a large orbital Strike/Elemental Storm ultimate power like what the biggest orbs have, to give us the feeling tat we're unleashing a cataclysmic force upon the enemy!

- as a passive, it could be able to run up walls faster and jump higher, and maybe even run on ceilings! perhaps make it crawl along walls like Spider man too!

hace 8 horas, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 dijo:

Enthrall is horrible and the fact that they tied all of Revs synergies to that ability just makes him worse off.

Mesmer skin is the worst tank ability due to the extremely limited about of times you can get hit.

Reave only really serves as an ok way to self heal and faster mobility while using Danse Macabre.

Danse Macabre is his only good ability. It represents everything that the rest of his kit should have been. If it wasn’t for Steve stepping in and giving him this ability Rev would be in the same boat as Wukong and Vauban. But this single ability does not excuse the rest of his abilities being hot garbage.

How is thrall horrible those pillars scale inmensly and they last a good amount

My man just add some power strengh in there and you´ll barely ever run out of charges goddamn,also use reave on thralls

Reave can one shot enemies affected by thrall so its actually quite good

no comment on danse macabre

15 minutes ago, (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL said:

How is thrall horrible those pillars scale inmensly and they last a good amount

My man just add some power strengh in there and you´ll barely ever run out of charges goddamn,also use reave on thralls

Reave can one shot enemies affected by thrall so its actually quite good

no comment on danse macabre

Max strength, 12 charges. Not enough.

What is this claim that Reave can one shot things? Level ones maybe but that’s it.

Just watched a video, that’s not one shotting. That’s charging through enemies multiple times in one go in the simulacrum, which is very flimsy evidence.

Even if those damage pillars deal good damage, you’re relying on AI to position itself where you want it to go with out any way of commanding them. Actually you know what. I’d gladly take just the damage pillars over everything else Enthrall provides.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah i'm rocking 238% power str currently, far from max and i'm having 14 charges. Stop spreading misinformation just because you don't like this frame for whatever reason.

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

44 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

What is this claim that Reave can one shot things? Level ones maybe but that’s it.

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=979&height=193

Would i go for a tiny bit more strength, i could strip the whole enemies hp away with one touch as long as they're enthralled. If single-picking out targets to covert lethality kill them, i don't see how killing up to 7 enemies in 1 go can't be nearly as efficient.

Also wtf?

9 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It's recastable, shields you from all damage sources even self damage and unlike damage reductions or iron skin, it doesn't fall off against high level enemies. Not to mention how it doesn't care if it's a lancer or a corpus tech shooting at you.

Your exaggerations are way off the road, jesus.

45 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I can guarantee you are not using max strength. My build runs 267%, not even max and it's already at this point:

unknown.png

46 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Just watched a video, that’s not one shotting. That’s charging through enemies multiple times in one go in the simulacrum, which is very flimsy evidence.

Instead of bringing points out of pure ignorance, you should actually do your research. Going back to the picture I just posted, those drains are the total for an enthralled enemy, meaning they will get one shot if you cast reave on any enthralled enemy (free casts since you should be using enthrall on asleep mobs).

47 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Even if those damage pillars deal good damage, you’re relying on AI to position itself where you want it to go with out any way of commanding them. Actually you know what. I’d gladly take just the damage pillars over everything else Enthrall provides.

I agree with this point, I'd prefer to see those pillars dealing actual damage, or have a more relevant form of CC than they currently deal.

All I can say from the post I have just quoted is that I cannot tell if you're posting for the sake of it, as you seem to be full of ignorance on how the warframe works. But I guess that's more or less the path a lot of people love to take, calling something terrible without even testing it.

20 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Yeah i'm rocking 238% power str currently, far from max and i'm having 14 charges. Stop spreading misinformation just because you don't like this frame for whatever reason.

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.pngunknown.png

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png?width=979&height=193

Would i go for a tiny bit more strength, i could strip the whole enemies hp away with one touch as long as they're enthralled. If single-picking out targets to covert lethality kill them, i don't see how killing up to 7 enemies in 1 go can't be nearly as efficient.

Also wtf?

It's recastable, shields you from all damage sources even self damage and unlike damage reductions or iron skin, it doesn't fall off against high level enemies. Not to mention how it doesn't care if it's a lancer or a corpus tech shooting at you.

Your exaggerations are way off the road, jesus.

Ok to be fair I knew there was a chance that Mesmer charges went higher, I just didn’t wanna bother logging into the game to fact check something you guys were going to do anyways. But in normal play you get shot at from every direction, those charges get depleted faster than Revs energy with base efficiency Danse. Not to mention that while recasting you’re temporarily at 0 charges making you even more vulnerable.

So let me get this straight. Within a normal gameplay mission. I have to Enthrall 1 enemy and have him spread to 6 more, or Enthrall 7 super fast (yeah....not gonna happen), hope my squad mates don’t murder them, and then cast Reave to kill all 7 of them. That’s stupidly inefficient. Why would I spend all that time and energy when Danse exists? heck go a step further. Build myself a Garuda and One shoot them within half that time.

I have every right to hate Revenant. He’s the first Warframe we got that’s based off a boss. I was excited to get to experience being an Eidolon. but what we got was an abomination of bad ideas and poor execution. A vampire theme had no business being implemented into him, and we all know it.

• Like 1

Gotta love how this thread got derailed into another ride on the revenant hate-train (not that I disagree with any of it). 

On the topic of orbframe, well... We don't really have all that much to go on in terms of either their lore or their abilities so far, so a warframe centered around orbs would still be a bit of a nebulous concept. Unless, I guess, they take the revenant route (although I hope to god they don't), In which case neither the orb's abilities or their lore will matter much. 

Hopefully, whatever comes next gets more lore than garuda's ''we found this blueprint somewhere in a ditch I guess'', or baruuk's... Nothing. 

We need frames designed to be cool and functional. Considering we get 3-4 frames per year, having obligatory themes based on new content is a very bad idea and restricts either frame design or new content. It's the same reason obligatory syndicate frames and obligatory augments for every ability are terrible ideas.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You should likely start by learning how to play Rev instead of bringing up generic, poorly informed opinions about him. Opinions that people who leveled him to 30 had, people who never actually tried how strong he actually is. You've been on that wagon since before you even tried him on console (if you have even tried him yet that is).

Caring about the synergies of enthrall is like caring that passives dont fit into the gameplay of a frame. They are there as a minor bonus in a "what if?" situation. They arent a thing to build around, or something you even need, nor are they something that makes his skills weaker if not used either. Enthrall is a great CC if needed.

Who in their right mind uses Reave as a self heal when playing Rev? He is already immune to 99% of the damage this game has to offer and he can rebuff himself on command as needed. And saying Mesmer Skin being the worst tank ability due to limited charges? What are you even on about? With decently high strength on Rev you have 13 or 14 charges, those charges can last several minutes or rotations and blocks everything in the process. What other tank frame has a 5-10 minute long buff that requires no augments or preperations to reach that? He is currently the tankiest frame because he cant get 1-shot, no matter the level of the content. It doesnt matter if it is low level or way into the high levels, aslong as you have the damage output it will be just as simple.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

You should likely start by learning how to play Rev instead of bringing up generic, poorly informed opinions about him. Opinions that people who leveled him to 30 had, people who never actually tried how strong he actually is. You've been on that wagon since before you even tried him on console (if you have even tried him yet that is).

Caring about the synergies of enthrall is like caring that passives dont fit into the gameplay of a frame. They are there as a minor bonus in a "what if?" situation. They arent a thing to build around, or something you even need, nor are they something that makes his skills weaker if not used either. Enthrall is a great CC if needed.

Who in their right mind uses Reave as a self heal when playing Rev? He is already immune to 99% of the damage this game has to offer and he can rebuff himself on command as needed. And saying Mesmer Skin being the worst tank ability due to limited charges? What are you even on about? With decently high strength on Rev you have 13 or 14 charges, those charges can last several minutes or rotations and blocks everything in the process. What other tank frame has a 5-10 minute long buff that requires no augments or preperations to reach that? He is currently the tankiest frame because he cant get 1-shot, no matter the level of the content. It doesnt matter if it is low level or way into the high levels, aslong as you have the damage output it will be just as simple.

I think you should read everything after that comment.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I think you should read everything after that comment.

None of what you have said changes the fact that you dont know how to play Rev. You keep making that more and more clear with every single comment in this thread (and previous ones).

Like your wild exaggerations about how fast charges actually gets eaten. The charges last a loooooong time before needing a recast (except versus Jackals in OV). There are also several ways to recast MS safely. To begin with you dont have to wait til it reaches low numbers, you simply rebuff when no enemies are around i.e when running around looking for new mobs. Secondly there is this thing called bullet jump, it works wonders when you are about to rebuff if you are in an area with alot of mobs.

And Enthall+Reave is simply a smooth endlessly scaling method of killing mobs in absurdly high level content. It isnt something you apply to "normal" gameplay missions unless you simply like to goof around. In very high content nothing else compares to that combo when it comes to damage scaling.

So please, atleast try to learn to play him (which isnt very hard) before you spew more hate. You bring the same hate now as you did before even having a chance to play him on console.