Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Frames feel powerful, except for Vauban

(NSW)Joewoof

Random thought, I'd love to see an extra component to Vauban's abilities after he gets a much-needed rework: functionality similar to his Vortex augment, where throwing more of them in the same place upgrades the ability. Not just in duration, but in power, range, etc. That way, you can invest however much energy you want into the device so that it can better perform its purpose, whatever that purpose ends up being. Sorta like upgrading buildings as TF2's Engineer. 😛

I can still use vauban fine in most situations.

Vortex with Atomos, for instance is exceptionally deadly, since anything in a controlled state takes extra damage.

I don't use him enough,  cause most of the time, other players kill everything before I even get my pile of bodies in a vortex.

I do love stacking tesla mines on other players,  and just have them run around.

As for his other mine laying ability, I've only ever used the bouncing mine and the laser trip wire.

Bastille is pretty useful, but honestly, feels less useful than vortex.

With his augments, the tesla mines allow for some VERY DEADLY DOORWAY DENIAL and I love it.

The repelling bastille lacks some oomph, most of the time 4 seconds is all it takes to walk through bastille to begin with.

And endless vortex isn't mathematically sound. You use a mod slot to spend the full energy cost, to increase hold duration by 70% of what it would do if you cast it fresh. It doesn't matter if you can exceed maximum duration, nobody is that lazy!

He is insanely good at Interception, mobile defense and some excavation locations.

I've resisted the urge (and it is substantial) to type out yet another Vauban Needs Rework! thread, complete with yet another iteration of my own thoughts on it - because apparently DE is planning on revisiting him. Not sure...exactly when, but I guess at least he's been mentioned at some point as something that's going to get looked at? Can't say my hopes are high, but I guess at least they're as low as they're going to get, given the prior history of Vauban changes.

15 hours ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

I do love stacking tesla mines on other players,  and just have them run around.

I think this is something I did by accident, and thought it to be very fun and cool. If only it's easier to attach it to players, which is pretty hard considering how fast they move. I suggested in another thread that maybe the Tesla mines should "magnetically" attach itself to the closest player or something. That'll be a pretty fun change, since it'll work more like a mobile buff and not just another redundant area denial ability.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Joewoof said:

I think this is something I did by accident, and thought it to be very fun and cool. If only it's easier to attach it to players, which is pretty hard considering how fast they move. I suggested in another thread that maybe the Tesla mines should "magnetically" attach itself to the closest player or something. That'll be a pretty fun change, since it'll work more like a mobile buff and not just another redundant area denial ability.

...Now if only they actually did any reasonable amount of damage and didn't need to expend extra energy from being charged.

7 hours ago, Aldain said:

...Now if only they actually did any reasonable amount of damage and didn't need to expend extra energy from being charged.

To be honest, I don’t think buffing numbers would help all that much. Sure, veteran players will appreciate it, but regardless of how powerful he actually is, it doesn’t change how Vauban’s first two abilities feel really weak. It’s a really bad first impression, and for new players, Vauban feels utterly useless until they unlock Bastille.

Compare this to Excalibur’s Dash Slash, Mag’s Pull or even Oberon’s Smite. Tesla is just... plop. The moment you start using him with his low stats, it’s already painful, not fun.

Vauban really needs something completeley new as second power, his traps are useless. He is described as an tactician and i'm really fine with his Bastille & Vortex. Being on Xbox, playing with controller i don't like these chargeable powers on any Warframe, Tesla should just be a thrown & forget power, its ok as first power of a Warframe.

But they really need to do something with his traps PLS DE remove the traps and come up with a different second useful power for him. The thing Vauban really lacks is defense. More defense would fit his style as tactician in combination with his crowd control. He is too squishy for such a massive guy and for his description.

Best regards.

6 hours ago, (NSW)Joewoof said:

To be honest, I don’t think buffing numbers would help all that much. Sure, veteran players will appreciate it, but regardless of how powerful he actually is, it doesn’t change how Vauban’s first two abilities feel really weak. It’s a really bad first impression, and for new players, Vauban feels utterly useless until they unlock Bastille.

Compare this to Excalibur’s Dash Slash, Mag’s Pull or even Oberon’s Smite. Tesla is just... plop. The moment you start using him with his low stats, it’s already painful, not fun.

Pretty much what I'm saying, the abilities are pretty much all crowd control utility in a game that currently has very little current need for this much crowd control, and even if you made Tesla deal 1000s of damage in seconds, it still wouldn't make those abilities more fun to use because they just are "fire and forget" abilities with no feedback unless you are standing there staring at them.