What Damage Combo's for Taking Down Big Dudes?

(NSW)Jonesie

Question

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, GerberaOverture said:

whatever cause the biggest damage always comes from WF abilities

That's really not true for most Frames, moreso the higher enemy levels get.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Jonesie said:

what damage type combos to go for when fighting high end content?

Viral on a Slash-y Status weapon is pretty nice to have in general,
Gas Status or pure Toxin Crit weapons can be fun against Corpus,
Corrosive is a neat all-round element, wrecks Infested and on a Status weapon, of course shreds Armor.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Jonesie said:

Corrosive good against the tree blokes?!

Are you talking about Eidolons? Radiation is the go-to element there, and for the whole Plains, really.

The simple answer is Synergy.

Mixing weapons and frame abilities to compliment each other. This will get you more than any one specific build will get you. The right tool for the job and the right approach to a mission type. I could literally write all day and not fully cover the many ways you can approach killing high level enemies.

Il y a 3 heures, (NSW)Jonesie a dit :

Hi

Trying to get my load outs sorted for challenging content and need some advice on what damage type combos to go for when fighting high end content?

Cheers.

It would help if you could define what challengin means in this context. 

If by challengin you mean sortie and below content, most stuff save for really terrible stuff (like magnetic weapons on alloy armour for example) can sorta work. 

If you're optimising for higher tiered content (over lv 200-250) it rather depends on whether the enemy is armoured, shielded or both, what faction you are fighting against, what frame you are using... There is a lot to cover. 

14 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

It would help if you could define what challengin means in this context. 

If by challengin you mean sortie and below content, most stuff save for really terrible stuff (like magnetic weapons on alloy armour for example) can sorta work. 

If you're optimising for higher tiered content (over lv 200-250) it rather depends on whether the enemy is armoured, shielded or both, what faction you are fighting against, what frame you are using... There is a lot to cover. 

Hi

I'm back on Warframe from a 4yr break (destiny 1 & 2), back them end game was running derelicts and keys. Haven't experienced end game in current game but would like to get into good habits rather than get to a point where I'm learning on the job and letting my squad down - some great advise on this thread though.

il y a 20 minutes, (NSW)Jonesie a dit :

Hi

I'm back on Warframe from a 4yr break (destiny 1 & 2), back them end game was running derelicts and keys. Haven't experienced end game in current game but would like to get into good habits rather than get to a point where I'm learning on the job and letting my squad down - some great advise on this thread though.

Well, as a general rule you can say Grineer are weak to Corrosive, Radiation or against slash procs (meaning your weapon needs to have high status chance and most of its phisical damage as slash), corpus to viral, pure toxin or gas, and infested to corrosive. 

Then again that's really a broad generalisation, there are many nuances to the damage system. Which come into play depend on the target level range and the loadout.