Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow joining endless missions at the start of any round instead of only the first one

Nadrac

You wouldn't get the rewards that players already earned. This suggestion effectively allows players to fill in for ongoing missions past the first round.

Endless missions have a huge problem with leavers, especially void fissures to the point where you are amazed if a team manages to dodge the A rotation curse, and leaving early frankly makes no sense. First C rotation or bonus relic are the usual exit points that are worth taking, which take about 20-25 minutes to get to, and there are other mission types if you are looking for something short.

It doesn't really matter why people leave, but currently even one guy who wants to leave can easily make an entire team who wants to stay leave anyway, especially in void fissures where you really want a full team. In regular missions it sucks to do the job on your own but the reward doesn't change, however in void fissures if you are left alone which can happen suddenly by the way, you swipe right , one guy swipes left and bam everyone else swipes left, perhaps even before you had a chance to reevaluate, and not only your relic becomes a lot less valuable, because you can only get yours, but you can't even open it because not enough reactants drop. I am already down, stop kicking. In survival and excavation, you don't even have a bad choice to stay if two players stand in the exit, you are done.

It's okay if players want to leave, but it also should be perfectly okay if they want to stay.

There are pros and cons for both.

It's great to always have a full group and even if players leave it they will gets replaced endlessly.

There will be some issues with people joining in the last wave in Void fissure defense missions because you cannot earn 10 reactant before it ends.

And some newbies might be put off by the increase in difficulty, if they join a team that have been going at it for over 1hour already.

Plus if you have host migration and you are returned to the main menu, you cannot join the team because your place has already been taken by someone else.

9 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

There are pros and cons for both.

It's great to always have a full group and even if players leave it they will gets replaced endlessly.

There will be some issues with people joining in the last wave in Void fissure defense missions because you cannot earn 10 reactant before it ends.

And some newbies might be put off by the increase in difficulty, if they join a team that have been going at it for over 1hour already.

Plus if you have host migration and you are returned to the main menu, you cannot join the team because your place has already been taken by someone else.

Almost all of that can be fixed by putting an option what is off by default into the option saying "enable joining ongoing mission".

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Almost all of that can be fixed by putting an option what is off by default into the option saying "enable joining ongoing mission".

Yea maybe so - it would also be nice, if DE would add a similar option saying "give loot and progression at host migration/game client crash".

On 2018-12-31 at 9:13 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

Yea, more options the better.

Just in a few hours playing void fissures on and off:
- Game ended because host left
- Couldn't choose reward x2
- Players suddenly swiped left leaving me screwed
- Players didn't put in relics
- Players left early
- Players forced excavation to end early, also happens in survival

If i wanted to, i could use this system to grief players non stop and probably would not even get punished for it, but one thing i usually can't do is play a normal game.

On 2018-12-31 at 1:13 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

That's just an opt-in.  It's a good step, but it doesn't fix any of those problems.  

I don't think the issues are insurmountable, but they require a bit more  than that.

One of the issues is that the damage is already done by missing squad members. By that I mean, replacements should already be made before the next round starts, otherwise this isn't going to be as effective a solution as it's being made out to be, because that's the main problem in these situations.

In short, to me a solution for this sounds a lot like Lobby in a game of Counterstrike or Team Fortress and tbh, I don't wanna knock that, because that actually sounds pretty useful to have. It would be awesome if people could just join in just by having a lobby of ongoing missions and looking at what round/wave the mission is at.

I know it sounds stupid when I put it in words like Lobby, but is there a better solution available? Having an option to see ongoing missions that have open slots for squad mates to join and opt in these ongoing missions, as well as seeing the progress of the mission, I'd say give it a try before knocking it away.