Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redeemer Prime mistake

alergiclaprosti

1 hour ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

The blast procs can open up further damage in the form of stealth multipliers. 

You don't even need this, with only a corrosive/blast build, 4 lvl 130 Corrupted Gunner in front of each other dies in only 1 shot, this weapon is broken af, DE better not touch it

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Tigris deleted? indeed.

Tigris = A gun

Redeemer = A melee

Redeemer replaces tigris despite being in two different categories. 

The Sense in that = None.

Redeemer IS the tigris in melee form. Theyre both extremely good. But they do not cancel each other out.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Lwyu said:

Tigris = A gun

Redeemer = A melee

Redeemer replaces tigris despite being in two different categories. 

The Sense in that = None.

Redeemer IS the tigris in melee form. Theyre both extremely good. But they do not cancel each other out.

Redeemer replace tigris, it's much better and save the primary slot, change my mind.

3 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

Well, don't worry, the chances of Condition Overload going untouched through the upcoming big nerf sweep to melee seem pretty slim. Maybe once that and blood rush are both crippled, they'll fix crit not seeming to work right on gunblade shot.

Those chances really aren't as great as you think. Most status melee will under-perform without CO and Blood Rush's cost and mod slot needs balance its' impact out already. 

What you will more likely see is a lot of one-off nerfs to different outlying items.

If I had to guess, Redeemer Prime will probably get nerfed after it's PA ends 

2 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

If I had to guess, Redeemer Prime will probably get nerfed after it's PA ends 

jeez, i hope not. for once people like using a gunblade and that is actually worth having over other kind of normal melee weapons ( which means we don't take into acoC*** the OP Aterax + Maiming or a plague zaw ) so nerfing it would just send a message from DE like "we don't care about gunblades, they can suck if we want"  or something along those lines.

6 minutes ago, mikakor said:

jeez, i hope not. for once people like using a gunblade and that is actually worth having over other kind of normal melee weapons ( which means we don't take into acoC*** the OP Aterax + Maiming or a plague zaw ) so nerfing it would just send a message from DE like "we don't care about gunblades, they can suck if we want"  or something along those lines.

They sent that message a long time ago bud...

The normal Redeemer has been nerfed 3 or 4 times and I don't think it was ever even close to as impactful as the Prime is now....Not even on Volt.

Unfortunately, When you get a lot of youtubers with a following calling it OP you can reasonably expect that it will probably get adjusted.

The only more certain kiss of death here would be having players complain that the weapon "isn't fun" to play with or around.  

All of you missed the point .... I was not saying that it's bad.

I just said that the design is bad. The fact that the normal Redeemer can do the same damage with shots is a bad design for me.

Again, because you are how you are I have to repeat ... I never said the weapon is bad ... just stupid.

Edited by alergiclaprosti

17 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

You don't even need this, with only a corrosive/blast build, 4 lvl 130 Corrupted Gunner in front of each other dies in only 1 shot, this weapon is broken af, DE better not touch it

Disclaimer: Not an attack on you Xenox.

I'm quoting you because your quote is the perfect example of what players find to be FUN to use. Everyone I know who has this weapon is LOVING it. But soon it'll become the anti-thesis of "challenge" & the snake will begin to eat its tail again.

But...in a month or so folks'll start screaming "Nothing is challenging thanks to my Redeemer Prime!"

DE nerfs it...

"OMG DE you ruined this beautiful weapon. Why put it in the game if we can't use it. You just want to drag out fights now. Bad game design."

(Cause you know...if anything gets nerfed it's now unusable. And if anything challenging get buffed or changed so it can't be melted in seconds...it's an evil plot.)

Cause we all know...games are meant to be challenging & teeth fittingly frustrating...not fun.

(God I hope Console gets Energist before its nerfed...)

Alright...that's my daily dose of salt...

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Disclaimer: Not an attack on you Xenox.

I'm quoting you because your quote is the perfect example of what players find to be FUN to use. Everyone I know who has this weapon is LOVING it. But soon it'll become the anti-thesis of "challenge" & the snake will begin to eat its tail again.

But...in a month or so folks'll start screaming "Nothing is challenging thanks to my Redeemer Prime!"

DE nerfs it...

"OMG DE you ruined this beautiful weapon. Why put it in the game if we can't use it. You just want to drag out fights now. Bad game design."

(Cause you know...if anything gets nerfed it's now unusable. And if anything challenging get buffed or changed so it can't be melted in seconds...it's an evil plot.)

Cause we all know...games are meant to be challenging & teeth fittingly frustrating...not fun.

(God I hope Console gets Energist before its nerfed...)

Alright...that's my daily dose of salt...

So true tho

I actually hope that DE won't nerf redeemer prime due to youtubers telling how freakin OP it is by showing it in training area with frozen enemies. 

From my personal experience I could say weapon is in a good spot and doesn't need any adjustments. And let me tell why: imagine you are playing squishy frame, around you are tons of higher lvl enemies (lets say long into survival) and you need to heal ASAP with life strike. Now you hold F to switch, you go through this animation of pulling out redeemer with twisting it in the air and holding melee button to make a shot while channeling to get your HP back to full (I mean it deals so much damage so 1 shot will heal you all the way) and then you put it away with all these animations to go back to your primary weapon, and even with 30% attack speed mod it still take some time, especially equipping / equipping animations. While if you have normal melee (lets say my favorite Nikana Prime) equip animation is so much faster + you attack in an instant with your mouse click and you heal up and get out of bad situation 10x safer. Now you can say you can melee attack with redeemer, yes that's true but range of redeemer prime melee is quite little. 

This equip animation time got me killed couple of times already (especially when nulifier spawns riiiiiight on top of you and removes all your buffs leaving you like a defenseless baby out of nowhere).

Now this might be more of a personal playstyle thing as I rely on melee to heal up on my squishy frames, but this is the drawback of this weapon that sometimes it makes me pick weaker weapon but that is more safe. It's like an exchange - it can pack a hell of a shot but it carries of risk of not having as fast heal as possible.

However if the animation would be simply taking it out of the pocket without making it flip couple of times in the air, would be different talk but in my perspective, it balances some things more or less.

I agree it is inconsistent when compared to the vanilla Redeemer, which can crit on shot but only has a 5% chance. Given how powerful the weapon is, I'm sure Redeemer Prime shot had its crit removed on purpose. If they were to add the ability to crit with the shots via the displayed crit chance, they would just nerf it in some other way to compensate.

Doesn't the normal redeemer do what the prime does for the normal all day trash mobs? Same shot dmg, just a little less attack speedy.

At first, Wikia said the prime had critical on shots, think if was 16%, than it was changed later to 0%. This can give a chance that 0% critcial chance might be a bug, like when Gram prime combo counter didn't increase.