god tier rubico riven?

Whoosh

Question

9 answers to this question

God tier is essentially the riven that suits your playstyle and/or achieves that level of perfection you so desire, God rivens are not universal as players each have their own goal for the riven, obviously i'm refering to players who aren't sheep and believe CC and CD are the only things that matter for all rivens. Those players aren't exactly an issue as the mentality follows the player overall skill, so if they believe that's the best possible stats for all rivens then the overall skill is at best average as expected, altough it's likely to be worse, far worse.

You have to decide on your own if those stats suit you or not, godly rivens are hardly ever sold, because the level of perfection is something you may never get again, so usually players keep said mods instead.

All i can say to you is that a negative stat can increase the positive stats, but if you rely lets say on all the other stats to remain normal (including zoom, reload speed and so on) then yes, if you seek CC and CD then that's a god riven, if you want those to be higher at the cost of zoom, then no that's not a god riven.

You better start getting used to stats, builds (the ones you make obviously) and learning what works better, because you are entering riven territory and if you don't know if a riven is suited to you or not, then there is an issue with you the player.

Ah I see, But would you say it's worth the kuva to try and get a -zoom +CC/CD riven or should I just stick with this? This one I'm gonna be mostly using for eidolon hunt's so less zoom doesn't really matter much to me.

12 hours ago, Whoosh said:

Ah I see, But would you say it's worth the kuva to try and get a -zoom +CC/CD riven or should I just stick with this? This one I'm gonna be mostly using for eidolon hunt's so less zoom doesn't really matter much to me.

Rivens are rng, you can't in any way influence what you'll get on your rolls, so it might take 1 roll to get something better than what you have, but it is also possible that you won't get anything good in 1000+. If you don't have other rivens that you want to roll then you can roll rubico and hope for the best.

Regarding "god", "godly": it is just a marketing word that means the seller wants a few thousands platinum for their riven. Usually you will see a riven with 3 good stats and a harmless (or beneficial) negative, so I wouldn't call yours "god tier", unless you want to mislead someone. Don't think about it too much though, your riven is good.

13 hours ago, Whoosh said:

Is this considered god tier? And should I keep rolling for something better?

c87c05a38dab81ae3ce5f65cd55184a7.png

I was reading through the thread and saw some worrying responses, so I’m throwing my two cents in.

typicaly, a god tier riven has what’s called “triple ideal.” Which is 3 stats that are core to the weapon. This Riven has two stats that are core to this weapon, but they are VERY core stats.

The second thing a god tier riven needs is a negative roll that doesn’t effect the guns performance, as that negative roll will pump up the positive stats.

My opinion, DO NO ROLL THAT RIVEN. You might never see another crit chance/ crit damage rubico again in your entire life.

What you have is a fantastic mod that will result in a great weapon.

But compared to what a riven can be, it’s hard to call this god tier.

But it is DAMN GOOD.

On 2018-12-31 at 4:35 AM, Whoosh said:

Is this considered god tier? And should I keep rolling for something better?

c87c05a38dab81ae3ce5f65cd55184a7.png

Sorry but NO.

It is a very good riven but not god tier.

As others have mentioned it only has 2 positive stats. To be god tier it needs 3 with a neg.

I have been fortunate and had several very good / god tier rubico rivens. The one I have kept and use is postive CC, CD and multishot, with a neg.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

If I were in your situation, I'd try to trade that riven for an unrolled Rubico riven +500 or so platinum.(or an equivalent amount of pure plat) And then reroll that one for further profits.

Just my personal thoughts though~ It's insane what people will pay for Rubico rivens, and further insane how much people are willing to spend on rivens that only have two ideal stats.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

As others have mentioned it only has 2 positive stats. To be god tier it needs 3 with a neg.

Not always.  If one stat in particular is really really good on a weapon, a 2 buff + neg with that core stat might be better than a 3 buff + neg.  For example, status chance on some shotguns can only reach 100% with a 2 buff + neg riven.