So crit catchmoon is the only weapon actually?

Peter

I only see catchmoon on the server, is that gun so strong? funniest are the rivens for more than 10,000p LOL

Besides killing eidolon in one shot and erasing the whole map effortlessly, is there anything else? I'm curious.

Edited by Peter

31 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

It has poop range. All polearms can hit further then it unfolded. Slow rate of fire and worse reload time.

I know what you're trying to do here, but no, polearms do not hit 40 meters and a good builded catchmoon have 1.7s reload with a decent fire rate, and why do you want fire rate on a gun that kills everyone with a single shot?

11 minutes ago, HellVOps said:

....it can kill an eidolon in one shot  ?.....what?

You're welcome :T

Edited by Peter

I have a Catchmoon. Don't use it. Too short range imo.

I'll stick to Tombfinger when I want to use a Kitgun. Or I go for Plasmor.

Catchmoon isn't bad...but overrated like Tiberon Prime, Rubico Prime, Gram Prime or Scoliac with Riven. Sure they are excelent weapons...but I have never used a single of these weapons.

57 minutes ago, Peter said:

I only see catchmoon on the server, is that gun so strong? funniest are the rivens for more than 10,000p LOL

Besides killing eidolon in one shot and erasing the whole map effortlessly, is there anything else? I'm curious.

The thought of running around shooting at mobs with a showerhead never appealed to me personally.

That said, it's ability to randomly delete stuff (when it hits) will appeal to many people though.

It'll suck if it gets nerfed but at the same time I don't care if it does? I was afraid kit guns would overshadow regular weapons and that's really my only problem with zaws/kit guns. That and they look ugly and haven't released skins specifically tailored to make them look good. Do you not want my plat, DE? Anyway, I see it becoming a problem eventually--if it isn't one already.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

is there anything else?

Unless they fixed and did not document it, it has a dead-zone where it will not hit enemies if they are too close, more noticeable with things like Lethal Momentum. Then there is the thing where the projectiles will disappear if they hit anything other than enemies and air. 

What I thought was gonna be my favorite from the previous and such ended up not being used as much (went with my Rattleguts with damage/ magazine capacity/ status chance and pax charge and it works well enough)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Eh?

My Tombfinger vehemently disagrees. 

love my Tombfinger, love my Catchmoon and still love my DPS Aksomati. all three have pretty great rivens but still not all that close to those "godly" stats people go on about failing to sell them for 10k plat lol. 

Ah, the mini plasmor, or Plasmoshroom as I named mine. I could put 2 more forma on it for 2 more prime mods, but honestly it doesn't even need it. Range isn't that bad imo, as at least I rarely need more on most tile-sets anyway. The big problem with it imo is how the "projectile" is too big to travel through cluttered environments, and lacks punch through compared to big brother Arca Plasmor. It really does hit like a train, but can be tricky to reach whatever you're aiming at due to any crap in between. 

I just built me the Tombfinger variant as well to see if I'd prefer that kind of projectile instead. This one is said to be pretty much just as OP but of a different flavor.

But yea, although kitguns will likely stay top-tier I doubt they will get to keep their current stats. And rivens will of course be nerfed to the ground, so you're really stupid if you spend a ton of plat on those. 

Eidolons have been one shot with a mining laser and a lot of DETERMINATION. Use whatever you like and try not to think about the kind of players who actually spend 10k+ plat on a Riven just to add an extra 0 on the end of their OHKOs.

Edited by Beartornado

Catchmoon is pretty strong, even before I gilded it, it was one-shotting level 50s like they were nothing, but the meta does exaggerate. it's like a mini Arca Plasmor, and I even named mine such, but it's range is limited, and it's fire rate is quite slow with the Haymaker Grip, which you need to maximise that damage. I also just finished the Gaze, which is actually quite poor ungilded, but I tweaked mine to have over 90% Crit Chance with Primed Pistol Gambit and now it's not so bad, though it needs investment. Rattleguts is next and I'm looking forward to it, then it's on to the almighty Tombfinger!

I also found a bug with the catchmoon: I stayed in Operator mode for a while and it refused to fire. still took ammo, but no death-wall being launched to enemies. dunno if anyone else had it or just me, but worth noting.

Named mined Pocket Plasmor, outperforms my Arca Plasmor. The only downside I can see to it is how even as much as grazing a surface will stop the shot right there and negate any damage from it, but once you get used to that and are mindful of it when aiming, it really becomes a monster.

10 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Catchmoon isn't bad...but overrated like Tiberon Prime, Rubico Prime, Gram Prime or Scoliac with Riven. Sure they are excelent weapons...but I have never used a single of these weapons.

How can you say they are overrated if you've never used them??? No one's gonna take your word for anything with logic like that.

2 minutes ago, Abyssshy said:

No one's gonna take your word for anything with logic like that.

You mean sth like this?

2 minutes ago, Abyssshy said:

???

Next time you can also write !!!111

As for 

3 minutes ago, Abyssshy said:

How can you say they are overrated if you've never used them

I've watching lots of videos and reading many posts, so I still know pretty much stuff. Rubico Prime isn't better than a Lanka. It's equal. It has different behaviour like it fires faster but has a 5 minute reload (at least it feels like it when I used it).

Scoliac is almost only used for solo Focus farm. And I have yet to see a single person in my squad using a Tiberon Prime..

I'll repeat. These weapon are not bad but there are weapons which are equal or even better

10 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You can’t really call a weapon over rated when there’s a video in that same thread of the weapon you’re calling over rated humiliating Eidolons.