Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Undertow and Sprint cancel

(PSN)Turbo-J-Jones

Question

3 answers to this question

The reason being, sprinting is an action versus an ability and all warframes can sprint. Undertow is one of Hydroid's abilities, so when you activate it you'll stop sprinting.and turn into a puddle/whirlpool on the ground. I'm not sure how you feel it affects QoL as undertow is meant as a trap for enemies, at either defense targets or choke points such as corridors, doorways or stairwells. If you have the augment, curative undertow, you can use it to kill enemies and heal allies at the same time. It is not meant for moving great distances or at great speed. The only known method of moving faster than sprinting is to combine sprinting, sliding and bullet jumps with an occasional aim glide. Or, if you have Nova and use her wormhole ability to teleport 50m at a time. Though that burns energy you need for other abilities.

1 minute ago, (XB1)TimberWolf13 said:

The reason being, sprinting is an action versus an ability and all warframes can sprint. Undertow is one of Hydroid's abilities, so when you activate it you'll stop sprinting.and turn into a puddle/whirlpool on the ground. I'm not sure how you feel it affects QoL as undertow is meant as a trap for enemies, at either defense targets or choke points such as corridors, doorways or stairwells. If you have the augment, curative undertow, you can use it to kill enemies and heal allies at the same time. It is not meant for moving great distances or at great speed. The only known method of moving faster than sprinting is to combine sprinting, sliding and bullet jumps with an occasional aim glide. Or, if you have Nova and use her wormhole ability to teleport 50m at a time. Though that burns energy you need for other abilities.

I think he's referring to the fact that Undertow toggles off sprint.