Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

_DapperDanMan_

Censorship

So yesterday I posted a couple screen shots after I was trying to name my Kubrow and came across some interesting censorship. replied to a comment last night and as of this afternoon it's been deleted. Which is kind of ironic given the nature of the original post but i'm assuming it was due to the utter lack of context.

I bread a new doggo hoping for that magical lotus print pattern and per usual, Birthed a hideous green and yellowish brown Sunika I then attempted to name, "Artisanal Cheese".

PN3yJlB.jpg

lcEUiRx.jpg

I guess not.

Someone pointed out in the comments that because it contained "anal" in it, it was automatically flagged.

That's interesting. There's more than 100 words in the English dictionary that contain just THAT specific arrangement of letters that I could find from a quick google search. Yeah..I Googled it, don't judge me.

So they're all just automatically flagged?

I'm assuming it's like that with all Slurs as well then and given the vast vocabulary of inappropriate words just in the English language and assuming they all follow the same theory as the above.

That seems like a lot of unnecessary censorship.

I was also wondering how that affects other countries and their spelling of words that may "potentially" contain some double entendre? Hypothetically assuming the censorship standards are global and not regional because I honestly don't know.

1 minute ago, _DapperDanMan_ said:

That seems like a lot of unnecessary censorship.

These days it's better to be safe than sorry.

1 hour ago, LupisV0lk said:

These days it's better to be safe than sorry.

safe from what though?
People geting triggered by a name on a 18+ game?