Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

elites cheat

(XBOX)I semideum

so how many of you see an ancient, heavy, bombard ect.. & either start melee or shooting it & as your watching it stumble around & that feel of excitment washes over but in a split sec b4 your mind can even proccess wth just happened your picking yourself up off the ground seeing the fight just took a 360 turn & your now the 1 about to die..?

what im talking about & this is more aimed at the heavies, bombarbs napalms. i really dont feel its fair play for them to be on the reciving end of my impact procs to suddenly ground slam. or beating them at 100mph with a sword, pole, axe whatever. for them to interupt that beating to knock you clean on your ass is just absurd to me. i certainly can not do this. going out to vallis with check this real quick. that new corpus flying dragon melee guy will stun lock you. not to death but still 1 hit will render you helpless. & ancients are just a bit to on point. but hey maybe this is why at 20min of arbitration theres literally nothing but ancients. cause theyr that good.

• Like 1

Only a fool will go near an enemy that can know you down, or players that can kill it in one swing, but it looks like it's not your case

Just aim for the head, if your weapon is good, you'll kill it with one bullet, well, maybe that's not your case either

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Only a fool will go near an enemy that can know you down, or players that can kill it in one swing, but it looks like it's not your case

Just aim for the head, if your weapon is good, you'll kill it with one bullet, well, maybe that's not your case either

That doesn't really affect the fact that they can just ignore a status effect designed to impair them. I've had plenty of Noxes charge at me whilst on their backs from an impact proc.

There's also the fact that Bombards having knockdowns is kind of weird design - they're already very effective enemies at long range du to how beefy they are and how damaging their attacks are.  Why make them good at close range too, it makes no sense.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

That doesn't really affect the fact that they can just ignore a status effect designed to impair them. I've had plenty of Noxes charge at me whilst on their backs from an impact proc.

There's also the fact that Bombards having knockdowns is kind of weird design - they're already very effective enemies at long range du to how beefy they are and how damaging their attacks are.  Why make them good at close range too, it makes no sense.

Well you have your answer, they are supposed to be trained for battle, so that they can be effective at long range & short range too

To be qualified as a sniper, you have to know how to fight with a knife, you know, just in case, that's the same for them

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Well you have your answer, they are supposed to be trained for battle, so that they can be effective at long range & short range too

To be qualified as a sniper, you have to know how to fight with a knife, you know, just in case, that's the same for them

That's... not really how game design works. Just because it makes logical sense for real-life Bombards to know how to defend themselves at close range, it's a poor game design decision because it means there's no clear avenue for the player to use when fighting them. It muddies the strategic decisions players make when enemies don't have clearly defined roles.

Also, no amount of combat training lets you shoulder charge somebody flat on your back.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

really? so you must be that guy whos 2 rooms down while the rest of the team is actually doing the job. hmm

25 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

That's... not really how game design works. Just because it makes logical sense for real-life Bombards to know how to defend themselves at close range, it's a poor game design decision because it means there's no clear avenue for the player to use when fighting them. It muddies the strategic decisions players make when enemies don't have clearly defined roles.

Also, no amount of combat training lets you shoulder charge somebody flat on your back.

So you prefer to have a dumb enemy that can only attack one way?

Having one that can be good at range, up close, or any other type of way is not what you want?

(I'll be gone for a few days, so you won't have an answer from me after this one if you respond)

37 minutes ago, Littlemike137 said:

It does seem like a bug though, that once the animation starts, impact procs, incoming meteors, nucleor armageddon, nothing short of absolute death is gonna stop them from pounding the ground like the champs that they are.

its not a bug, more of a flaw in theyr design i guess. not saying the ground slam is a bad thing to have. it just happens at times it really shouldnt & ive noticed more & more of it happening. & it dont end there. its also the ancients with theyr ability to grab u while Theyr proc'd with blast flying thru the air or grab you thru walls. its really not a big deal at low lvl. but at higher lvls when a few hits determine whether u live or die, then yeah its a big deal.

Shield Lancers WILL stun lock you if you let them get you in a corner and your not immune to that kind of thing. 

However it does seem that enemies have a cool down or something for things like impact procs, which would be incredibly OP if it actually effected them this way...  And yet plenty of our weapons cause impact procs even when they don't deal impact at all..  (What does impact have going for itself again?) 

So..  Why don't we get knock back resistance briefly after we have been proc'd also? 

But let's be fair a little bit of staggering on us can easily get us killed.. Unless we are a god tank frame.. 

There are a lot of animations that can't be canceled without killing the unit using it, this applies to enemies and us.

This is only bad design if you don't learn how the system works and how to properly utilize and exploit it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trst said:

There are a lot of animations that can't be canceled without killing the unit using it, this applies to enemies and us.

This...if you see a gunner/bombard raise its hand...unless you kill it, they're knocking someone down.

1 hour ago, trst said:

This is only bad design if you don't learn how the system works and how to properly utilize and exploit it.

This is completely correct.

I call it animation blocking😃 and it's more reliable than blocking with some melee weapon types imo.

2 hours ago, -Sentient- said:

Inb4 DE nerfs and changes enemies because MR3 players find them way too OP. 

Seriusly the bombards are so easy to kill

1 - Aim for the head

2 - Evade the projectiles

3- If you can cc them 

4 - Kill

GROFIT?

Bombards are not so common,they are Endgame style units,can't figth them? try to find

lol dude read the post.. everything you just posted has nothing to do with what i had said..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, birdobash said:

I'm trying to imagine a nox lying on the ground on it's back sliding towards you at 200mph and knocking you over, but then I realized my imagination didn't have to go far because it's happened many times in-game b4. Hilarious scene, but needs fixing.

yeah thats another thing

9 hours ago, (XB1)Deliriums Realm said:

changing my load out changing mods doesnt stop the fact that a heavy can & does ground slam when it shouldnt.. end of story

you could always, you know.. dodge. jump over the bombard and land behind them. time it right and they'll do the ground slam whilst you're in mid air, and it will miss you. they have a cooldown on that attack, so they can't do it again right away. if your sensitivity is high enough, you can turn the camera 180 and aim glide to shoot them before you even hit the ground. 

it's a good idea to at least try moves like this; you're a Tenno, you should be able to do stuff like this easily, right?

• Like 1