The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows Revisited: State of Doggos after Fortuna

Kemenril

So, I'm starting to see a lot of Kubrows in missions again, which warms my heart. This seems especially true of the Helminth Charger.

Purely based on my conversations with people using them, it's because of "Fetch", and not the mod sets. (This does not seem to be true as well for the Kavat set, which some people seem to really like.)

Is there any consensus on the pet meta post-Fortuna? Have Kubrows made anything like a return? And if so, which ones? Has their utility at all changed because of the mods, and which sets/combos are people making use of?

tbh, the only thing that i have found that was holding my use of companions constantly was the lack of item vacuum when using them, ever since fetch was added i find them viable again, though kubrows i havent used in forever except maybe huras or the one that fetches plants for silver grove mods.

• Like 1

I like to use Sahasa for any energy hungry frame. Especially invisibility frames, since they can stop attacking or being attacked whilst invisible, which will trigger the Sahasa's dig. Since it wont dig whilst you are attacking or being attacked. It needs like a short cooldwon.

Also the Mecha set provides us with some serious meme builds. Here is a vid of my meme build with Ivara :

Edited by CyberPrimate
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kemenril said:

Sahasa is the only one I don't have! It is driving me crazy, I've gone through like 12 incubations without getting one. I'd been hoping to take one onto Fortuna while I fish and mine. No luck so far!

They are cheap. You can buy the imprints for like 30-60p for both imprints. Id get it. I left my Ivara in prowl for maybe 15-20min in Simulacrum while being afk. When I came back, she had more energy than I left her with. Thats just the kubrow constantly digging. Oh and I forgot - same goes for ammo. So its like a Deathcube with its energy and Carrier with its ammo combined. Only problem is that in some game modes it can be really hard to be outside of combat long enough for Sahasa to trigger its Dig.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kemenril said:

So, I'm starting to see a lot of Kubrows in missions again, which warms my heart. This seems especially true of the Helminth Charger.

Purely based on my conversations with people using them, it's because of "Fetch", and not the mod sets. (This does not seem to be true as well for the Kavat set, which some people seem to really like.)

Is there any consensus on the pet meta post-Fortuna? Have Kubrows made anything like a return? And if so, which ones? Has their utility at all changed because of the mods, and which sets/combos are people making use of?

Kavats are still Warframes with 4 legs due to their crit powers and other abilities...leaving Kubrows lacking.

Kubrows need:

1.  Specific Command System bonuses...or

2.  Straight damage increases...or 

3.  60% bonus damage per active Status damage type...or

4.  An elemental offensive/defensive system with an additional mod slot like Exilus (Fire/Lightning/Cold/Toxin).

Fetch just hamstrings their already struggling kit by taking a slot, and hunter munitions won’t become effective on the companion side until AI gets a boost.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73