Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4/Console Plat Sale anytime soon?

(PSN)Ashagin

Just a peasants rant. Starting to think us console plebs are becoming nothing more than a milk cow for DE.  We dont get the benefit of coupons and the rate they offer plat sales is crooked at the least.  Free to play or otherwise.  Especially this time of year. I need my beggars pittance.  Have mercy.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

We had black Friday sales, likely summer sales later. 

We get these sales and then our market coupons that reduce one purchase price. 

That's double dipping and we can spend our plat on Tennogen. 

Console has it good. 

Um your a new platform.  I do remember the last plat sale on ps4 was August I believe.   Having a sale 3 times a year dous not make up for the fact that PC players can use market coupons for plat.  On consoles coupons are practically worthless

51 minutes ago, (PS4)vidare said:

The Market coupons are useless for us that have played a long time, can't use them on tennogen or bundles.. So a forma i bought today for my 25% off. 

Yea most value usually, a catalyst if needed, forma, new weapon if it's going to take 4days to get and you really want it... But still we CAN use our few plat sales on Tennogen, where PC has to pay cash up front. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

Um your a new platform.  I do remember the last plat sale on ps4 was August I believe.   Having a sale 3 times a year dous not make up for the fact that PC players can use market coupons for plat.  On consoles coupons are practically worthless

I have accounts on all platforms, am MR 25 on Xbox. 

Being able to get up to 50% off platinum and then spending it on Tennogen, it's absolutely fair we get less sales. 

But for newer players buying 3k platinum at half price and then having the opportunity to buy something in the market for an additional 25-75% off is insane... 

Also I did forget that PlayStation had different sales time this year then Xbox.. 

Besides..  The Prime Access bundles come with discounted platinum 4 times a year. 

16 hours ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

Having a sale 3 times a year dous not make up for the fact that PC players can use market coupons for plat.

You are skipping right past the fact that PC discounts have a huge layer of RNG in front of them.  It might be months before a player sees a 75% off discount.   I'll take three guaranteed sales per year over RNG any day.  Simple planning in advance and budgeting your spending is trivial to do if you try.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

You are skipping right past the fact that PC discounts have a huge layer of RNG in front of them.  It might be months before a player sees a 75% off discount.   I'll take three guaranteed sales per year over RNG any day.  Simple planning in advance and budgeting your spending is trivial to do if you try.

I get coupons at least on average of once a month maybe more.  Overall PC players have it better unless ur luck is horrible.  We all get plat with prime access no matter what platform ur on so that's a mute point.  Considering how overpriced plat is I think I speak for most console players when I say that most of us won't even purchase plat without a sale or prime access.  During a sale you can stock up on plat also where prime access is one and done.  We also cant use coupons on almost anything worth using it on.  Cant use them on most tennogen bundles.  Cant use them on forma bundles or boosters.  We get frames and weapons and a bunch of little things where u dont even save enough to make the coupon worth it.  And if you dont need anything that coupon rots and disappears which is more often than not.  PC players can try all they want to make it sound fair but most know better.  What they should do is revert coupons on PC to how they work on console then we can see how fair PC players think it is then.  Oh that would be fun to watch.

21 hours ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

Have mercy.

no, every time you ask for a sale, it gets delayed for another year!

sales wouldn't be special if they came around all the time, and all platforms have pros and cons. I'd say waith a couple weeks and we might get one for the January Sales. you can also trade for platinum, you know.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

What they should do is revert coupons on PC to how they work on console then we can see how fair PC players think it is then.

What is or isn't "fair" really doesn't matter.  This is the world we live in in and if you don't like it then go play on PC.  You have the power to make that choice.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

What is or isn't "fair" really doesn't matter.  This is the world we live in in and if you don't like it then go play on PC.  You have the power to make that 

Wow common sense anyone?  This a game not the real world just to inform you in case you are confused about that.  Now if it just so happens to be the world you choose to live in well I'm not the one you should be talking to about that.  I just made comparisons between the platforms and how as a console player we continually get the short end of the stick.  Its totally my opinion but I am sure many others also.   If DE dousnt know how to manage a fictional world split between different platforms on a game they developed and make it relatively equal on all platforms than all I can do is Express my frustrations.  Which is what I've done.  I am not asking for witless retorts from other players.  If you want to say play on pc that's ur prerogative but it dousnt fix or even apply to the problem which I have expressed which is beyond just playing on pc.  

Oh and fair is a subjective word we use for equality.  Sure the real world isn't fair but ther is no reason that a fictional world (a game) cant strive to be.

Edited by (PS4)Ashagin

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

no, every time you ask for a sale, it gets delayed for another year!

sales wouldn't be special if they came around all the time, and all platforms have pros and cons. I'd say waith a couple weeks and we might get one for the January Sales. you can also trade for platinum, you know.

Ok so were going on 5 months now almost.  Let's just make it a year or so so it feels more special when it comes around.  That'll make us all happy.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

If DE dousnt know how to manage a fictional world split between different platforms on a game they developed and make it relatively equal on all platforms than all I can do is Express my frustrations. 

DE doesn't make the rules that govern the Sony play station store.  Sony does that and if you don't like the way Sony runs things then as I said, don't use a play station.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

I am not asking for witless retorts from other players.

The problem is you aren't asking anything.  You are pointlessly whining about a perceived problem on an internet forum to other users that either will or won't agree with you but in either case have no power to enact change with that "problem".  So you start a stupid thread and then get mad that you get stupid replies.  Go figure.

I play on Switch and PC, and sure I'd love a sale on Switch, but it will happen eventually. Not much we can do about making it sooner.

Although, while I took a break for a while on PC, I've played a lot and only had three or four discount coupons of plat purchases my entire game time. RNGjesus despises me, apparently.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

DE doesn't make the rules that govern the Sony play station store.  Sony does that and if you don't like the way Sony runs things then as I said, don't use a play station.

The problem is you aren't asking anything.  You are pointlessly whining about a perceived problem on an internet forum to other users that either will or won't agree with you but in either case have no power to enact change with that "problem".  So you start a stupid thread and then get mad that you get stupid replies.  

If you dont have anything worthwhile to say then please dont comment.

1 hour ago, flightlessfox said:

I play on Switch and PC, and sure I'd love a sale on Switch, but it will happen eventually. Not much we can do about making it sooner.

Although, while I took a break for a while on PC, I've played a lot and only had three or four discount coupons of plat purchases my entire game time. RNGjesus despises me, apparently.

Ty for the helpful feedback.  Maybe the rate of coupons is different per platform. I'm not sure to be honest.  It may just be rng idk.  Just be prepared to put those coupons on a shelf and wait for them to gather dust and disappear.  As console players I dont see ther value being any better on a switch after a few months.  Just make the best of it I guess

On 2018-12-30 at 8:28 PM, (PS4)Ashagin said:

Just a peasants rant. Starting to think us console plebs are becoming nothing more than a milk cow for DE.  We dont get the benefit of coupons and the rate they offer plat sales is crooked at the least.  Free to play or otherwise.  Especially this time of year. I need my beggars pittance.  Have mercy.

Sorry, but the amount of real money PC players are required to put out for items we can acquire with plat with coupons makes your perception a false one.

And if you saw how much Angst (DE) Steve and company had about making sure the entire console team successfully implemented the console Fortuna build, you wouldn’t call us a milk cow.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73