Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Wukong Parking lot

DeeDeetheSpy

Just some ideas for Wukong that I want to park in the idea parking lot. I have always been a huge fan of Wukong and the story of the Journey West and never really played him in games like Smite so Warframe was my first real exposure to him in a video game.

First, Iron Jab and Iron Vault are decent and probably my favorite skill of his right now. I would like to have the width of it  to be linked to range though and when used it knocks all enemies around Wukong and the staff to be knocked onto their back. This in particular for use of Iron Vault. 

Second, Move his defiance to be his passive. No active cost but the res cost for his health and off his energy still there with the timer resetting after 60 seconds. Not dying is his "thing" and it makes room for his other key power that you guys didn't even put in.

Third: Eyes of Fire. This is one of his best abilities in the stories as his eyes always show him the truth of things. I would love to have an ability that highlights enemies around him. Maybe having him get rooted and as you look around it marks enemies even through walls and highlights them. Then for X Duration, they are vulnerable in some way. Also I just really love how it's shown from The Monkey King movies https://youtu.be/ygTmV3K57_8?t=16 with him drawing his hand across his forehead and his eyes glowing like embers.

Fourth: His cloud really feels... lacking. Just simply putting everything in mist and staggering is odd. In the story his cloud gave him flight and speed, not that he needed it with his leaping but still. I would expect the same here. Perhaps he goes into an "archwing" like mode and can move like Nezha in speed. If he flys through any enemies it knocks them down. If he has the augment and he flies through an ally then invis them... and not just the crap invis it does now.

Fifth: His staff is perfect and I love it. I would like to see his augment cause him to grow in size as he "enrages" but that's just a cosmetic thing. Maybe have a growing AOE taunt with it? Wukong was always someone that pissed off everyone around him.

Finally, and most importantly, the thing I want to see more than all the rest... Make the "Crown" on the Wukong Macak Helmet metal! This Matte coloring really just does not work. The crown was gold and tightens on his head!

• Like 1

Nidus’s passive is already basically defy. People would call it lazy if they just started copy/pasting passive. DE’s already catching flak for doing the same with abilities.

Also, calling his exalted weapon “perfect”? It’s the second weakest exalted weapon(it used to be the very weakest until Baruuk released). It’s combo inputs are so messed up you can only really use his block combo at increased attack speeds. You need to put in 2-3 times to effort to make it anywhere close to viable.

Also, as the color channel to this “crown” also applies to the color channels on him of non metallic part, making that part of the helmet metallic would just annoy players as Metallics tend to slightly change the coloration.

Nezha doesn’t fly.

I’ll give you points for creativity but overall

3/10.

• Like 3

On 2018-12-30 at 10:20 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Nidus’s passive is already basically defy. People would call it lazy if they just started copy/pasting passive. DE’s already catching flak for doing the same with abilities.

Also, calling his exalted weapon “perfect”? It’s the second weakest exalted weapon(it used to be the very weakest until Baruuk released). It’s combo inputs are so messed up you can only really use his block combo at increased attack speeds. You need to put in 2-3 times to effort to make it anywhere close to viable.

Also, as the color channel to this “crown” also applies to the color channels on him of non metallic part, making that part of the helmet metallic would just annoy players as Metallics tend to slightly change the coloration.

Nezha doesn’t fly.

I’ll give you points for creativity but overall

3/10.

Eh, I am okay with Nidus because he has to build up stacks to make his work. What I am suggesting for Wukong is something more innate. He doesn't have to build it up, it's just part of him because he is Sun Wukong, The Great Sage Equal to Heaven. Defiance and troublemaking is his thing. When you get as many ways to play as Warframe does, we're going to get a share of, "Like X but different". As long as it's 1 or 2 times, what's the harm?

Hmm... Maybe tie native defiance passive to troublemaking. It starts out with 1 stack for free and has a 60-second cooldown but every time he applies any status effects, from elemental ones to knockdowns, it reduces the cooldown of his defiance. Make a synergy with him for being a troublemaker and his other abilities all having some sort of knock or stagger effect they apply. W

I'm fine with his Exalted weapon. Maybe cause I slowed it down with Spoiled strike and I play him enough that I can do his combos. I recognize that's me though and my experience isn't universal.

Don't care, make the crown metallic on that helm. rawr. Eat my shorts, Principal Skinner.

Reread what I wrote: Move at Nezha speed. He should be fast. Nezha was sent to kill Wukong and Wukong was able to keep up with him and fight him off. My thought is the cloud forms under his feet, he can start flying around on it and move really fast, knocks enemies down. I used Nezha as a base for what the speed the cloud should be at. Of course, Nezha should be able to run faster when his flame boots are on.

On 2018-12-31 at 5:13 AM, DeeDeetheSpy said:

Fifth: His staff is perfect and I love it.

Far from it. It's lack of range makes it sub-par compared to many other melee weapons, which absolutely should not be the case for a Unique weapon like this.

There are already so many limitations and downsides to using them, they should be the best melee available to that frame.

On 2018-12-31 at 5:13 AM, DeeDeetheSpy said:

Make the "Crown" on the Wukong Macak Helmet metal!

I know that feel...

• Like 5

On 2019-01-01 at 12:12 PM, DeMonkey said:

Far from it. It's lack of range makes it sub-par compared to many other melee weapons, which absolutely should not be the case for a Unique weapon like this.

There are already so many limitations and downsides to using them, they should be the best melee available to that frame.

Really? I get people joking about how big my staff is when ever I play him because its comical with Primed Reach

7 minutes ago, DeeDeetheSpy said:

Really? I get people joking about how big my staff is when ever I play him because its comical with Primed Reach

It only hits ~4m at max, whilst Zaws can reach 10 :thinking:

It looks big, but consider that you're effectively only using half that length since you're gripping it in the middle, and obviously the slams attack straight downwards. 

16 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

It only hits ~4m at max, whilst Zaws can reach 10 :thinking:

It looks big, but consider that you're effectively only using half that length since you're gripping it in the middle, and obviously the slams attack straight downwards. 

Huh. Never noticed it casually. That would be need to be adressed. I wonder if its a thing on the list for melee update.

45 minutes ago, DeeDeetheSpy said:

Huh. Never noticed it casually. That would be need to be adressed. I wonder if its a thing on the list for melee update.

Hehe, after using it as much as I have you can't not notice it.

But yes, it needs to be addressed. Even others staves like the Tipedo have more range than the Iron Staff at max length whilst using they're using Primed Reach, not even considering Rivens. 

Edited by DeMonkey

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

And that's only on the actual swings. Any slams you pull off will obviously be much shorter.

They really need to fix it, maybe rework its stance and make it naturally extend in the combos, you know, like how the staff extends in mythology....and on his (awful) 1?