Jump to content

Heavy Melee weapons


Terezmo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Since the archwing weapons are now usable in grounded combat due to the recent Fortuna part 2 update. Could it possibly mean the archwing melee weapons would be usable as well in the future? Or is that asking for too much.

Edited by Terezmo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unlikely, there is a lore reason for ground archwing weapons. Originally they were even supposed to penalize movement to reflect their "strong" damage output. Allowing heavy arms such as melee archwing serves no purpose whatsoever in warframe.

Even assuming DE wanted to do this it could never apply to all weapons since some of them would be completely unusable due to their design clipping trough the ground such as agkuza, onorix and, last but not least, knux. They would also have to design new stances just for them....not saying it's impossible but I think they are not even close to "no way in hell we're doing this".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

well, they could bring them in as exremely large and slow, but powerful melees, somethign akin to Monster Hunter or Dark Souls type of heavy weapons, though it would require new animations, new stances, and each of them would have to be even more powerful than Exalted Melees to justify the costs of using them, and considering that Atmosphere Archgun mode ended up being quite lacklustre, I'm unsure if DE could pull it off, or if they'd even be willing to. 

then again, maybe it's something they could be secretly considering for Melee 3.0, nobody knows for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, they could bring them in as exremely large and slow, but powerful melees, somethign akin to Monster Hunter or Dark Souls type of heavy weapons, though it would require new animations, new stances, and each of them would have to be even more powerful than Exalted Melees to justify the costs of using them, and considering that Atmosphere Archgun mode ended up being quite lacklustre, I'm unsure if DE could pull it off, or if they'd even be willing to. 

then again, maybe it's something they could be secretly considering for Melee 3.0, nobody knows for sure.

A cooldown-summon type heavy weapon that can oneshot a couple of enemies sounds fun. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the in-game descriptions of the arch-melees states that they use the arch-wing thrusters to boost power.  while the gravimag might be able to let you carry the gun it does not negate mass not momentum.  this is alleviated when you have 2 jet engines and want the momentum for sweeping attacks on armored target but in the atmosphere, it is not practical.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds unlikely just due to the sheer nightmare it would be for their animation team.

How exactly are we supposed to swing around a weapon larger than our frames when grounded while they mostly require dramatic spinning and flipping while flying?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, trst said:

Sounds unlikely just due to the sheer nightmare it would be for their animation team.

How exactly are we supposed to swing around a weapon larger than our frames when grounded while they mostly require dramatic spinning and flipping while flying?

I mean, with a Gravimag, Veritux and Kaszas could be wielded like normal weapons. Veritux would be a heavy blade, and Kaszas could be used like a normal scythe or a pole arm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

I mean, with a Gravimag, Veritux and Kaszas could be wielded like normal weapons. Veritux would be a heavy blade, and Kaszas could be used like a normal scythe or a pole arm.

But just having them use the regular animations for said grips won't make them seem like real "heavy" weapons.

 

Also looking back at all the archmelees and five of them (out of seven) couldn't even be wielded with two hands as all the grips are perpendicular to the blades/strikes and are only large enough for one hand to hold it. We'd be swinging them like we're trying to do a hammer throw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...