Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo players level up too slow

(XBOX)CancerInfantry

Made a profile just to make this forum. I play on xbox one and been playing solo for over a year now.

I've noticed solo players level up weapons and warframes extremely slow compared to playing in groups. I know this is a co-op game but my internet connection isn't the greatest to play with others.

I was hoping you could take a bit of time of your day and check out the affinity for solo players. Maybe put 3x or 4x affinity boosters only for solo in the market for platinum? Or up the affinity multiplier for solo players? 

I would highly appreciate if you take a look at affinity for solo players. Please and thank you, have a good new years. :)

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Spy missions or relying on stealth multipliers are pretty much the only realistic ways of quickly leveling up your stuff in solo. Why would you spend money on boosters when you could spend the same money on a better internet connection tho?

Live in rural area, I got the best I got sadly. 

Also I said platinum, you can trade some stuff for platinum. Come on you should know that.

Edited by (XB1)CancerInfantry
  • Like 9

It's a problem rooted in Affinity gains as a mechanic. For a long time it's been Quantity over Quality.

We simply don't get enough ambient Affinity gains from normal play like completing a bounty or finishing a Defense rotation. It's all about killing as much fodder as you can as quickly as you can and that's also played a role into how Focus farming feels more like a grind than something you accumulate naturally as you play the game.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

But DE wants us to play in groups. So why would they implement your idea?
It's not DE's fault that you've got a connection in 2018/2019. Just get better internet.

Yeah but it's not like a game changer that will affect your gameplay. Plus I'm speaking for other people as well, maybe they dont like playing with other people, maybe they just like being a lone wolf, maybe they have bad connection, or maybe they're sick of doing spy missions. DE wants people to play in groups but there is people soloing the orb heist the first few days it came out, I know it's new but you know what I mean

• Like 2

I think that slower solo affinity gain is partially caused by "affinity distribution" mechanic.

In Solo, you need to kill with Item you want to level, while in Mult you can just stand there, and All affinity from Team kills will be Distributed to your Unranked gear even if its not used.

That, plus less enemies and no affinity bonus for Solo makes it feel MUCH slower.

IMO, this needs to be adressed at some point. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

I think that slower solo affinity gain is partially caused by "affinity distribution" mechanic.

In Solo, you need to kill with Item you want to level, while in Mult you can just stand there, and All affinity from Team kills will be Distributed to your Unranked gear even if its not used.

That, plus less enemies and no affinity bonus for Solo makes it feel MUCH slower.

IMO, this needs to be adressed at some point. 

Yes sir, you nailed it. Even just increasing affinity in spy missions just for now until they rework or fix affinity altogether would be nice. Takes approximately 4-5 min for 1 spy run undetected on pluto and need to run that 4 times to fully level up 1 weapon. Regular onslaught is okay for warframes but still takes 25-30 min to fully level it up.

Problems with solo: WaRFrAMe iS M U L T I P L A Y E R.

Problems with multiplayer: PlaY SoLO, dUh.

This community sometimes, I swear. Having worse affinity gains in solo is not an effective incentive to play in groups. People who are dead-set against playing with strangers simply won't, and trying to pressure them into doing so by making the game less fun is not exactly a great strategy for getting them to pay up or continue participating.

If players not joining groups is that much of a problem, the solution is to simply not allow the formation of solo sessions. If solo sessions are allowed, there is no reason to support them poorly.

Simply allowing solo players to access group-level spawn rates would go a long way toward alleviating this issue, and they still won't benefit from things like shared XP to level things passively.

Obviously the gains shouldn't encroach on booster territory, but simply allowing solo players to achieve similar direct gains to groups outside of stealth-type missions shouldn't be unreasonable.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Problems with solo: WaRFrAMe iS M U L T I P L A Y E R.

Problems with multiplayer: PlaY SoLO, dUh.

This community sometimes, I swear. Having worse affinity gains in solo is not an effective incentive to play in groups. People who are dead-set against playing with strangers simply won't, and trying to pressure them into doing so by making the game less fun is not exactly a great strategy for getting them to pay up or continue participating.

If players not joining groups is that much of a problem, the solution is to simply not allow the formation of solo sessions. If solo sessions are allowed, there is no reason to support them poorly.

Simply allowing solo players to access group-level spawn rates would go a long way toward alleviating this issue, and they still won't benefit from things like shared XP to level things passively.

Obviously the gains shouldn't encroach on booster territory, but simply allowing solo players to achieve similar direct gains to groups outside of stealth-type missions shouldn't be unreasonable.

Thank you.  As a solo player myself I completely agree with this suggestion.  

43 minutes ago, (XB1)CancerInfantry said:

Yes sir, you nailed it. Even just increasing affinity in spy missions just for now until they rework or fix affinity altogether would be nice. Takes approximately 4-5 min for 1 spy run undetected on pluto and need to run that 4 times to fully level up 1 weapon. Regular onslaught is okay for warframes but still takes 25-30 min to fully level it up.

Agreed again.  

While this doesn't effect me as much as some other solo players.  This is mostly because of my frame of choice and how I rank up weapons by using stealth multipliers and spy missions.  This method isn't a valid and dependable option for other frames outside of one.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, (XB1)CancerInfantry said:

So do you guys think DE will see this or do anything? 

To be honest, not any time soon if at all or at least its not a priority. Its been 5+ years and this has been a problem especially with warframes who are support frames and basically require them to get the most out of them by being with other players. It could be as something as simple as an flat, additional affinity reward for clearing a star chart mission that works exactly the same way that gaining rep does by doing syndicate missions or bounties. Or DE could add optional objectives for the players to complete (this already exists on Orb Vallis bounties). None of these things, if done right, are exploitable because they only pay out in a fixed amount and only on  successful completion of the mission. Considering how much content there is now versus a few years ago, I really think its not going to hurt anything in the long run. 

8 hours ago, (XB1)CancerInfantry said:

This generation.

If the internet and cell towers go down, they couldn't cope. We had to wait weeks for letters to arrive. Now? If someone doesn't instantly text them back, they become angry.

Bulk of the threads these past couple of days is all about "how fast I can get A". Meanwhile, demanding more content, too.

DE is feeding that impulse monster, too.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

But DE wants us to play in groups. So why would they implement your idea?
It's not DE's fault that you've got a connection in 2018/2019. Just get better internet.

YUP.....we people with slow internet, will just magically move to a better area with magically better internet. GENIUS. What a nothing response. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

This generation.

If the internet and cell towers go down, they couldn't cope. We had to wait weeks for letters to arrive. Now? If someone doesn't instantly text them back, they become angry.

Bulk of the threads these past couple of days is all about "how fast I can get A". Meanwhile, demanding more content, too.

DE is feeding that impulse monster, too.

Please don't play the "this generation" card here and then proceed to ramble on about how "this generation" would go nuts without so and so. It's not necessary and isn't relevant to the topic at hand and it's just obnoxious. This person is asking for a quality of life solution to a problem that many who play warframe suffer with. Not having good enough internet to play Warframe with a group, resulting in many things, such as lvling gear and such, much slower. Not even that though, co-op game or not, some like to play solo, and the ", this game is co-op, just don't play warframe then" card is absolute BS as well. There should be absolute PARITY between solo play and co-op and there is nothing wrong with asking for a faster solution to get from point a to b. I don't even see why an argument against this would even exist outside.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AugmentedJustice said:

YUP.....we people with slow internet, will just magically move to a better area with magically better internet. GENIUS. What a nothing response. 

No need to get angry. And no reason to use irony in order to insult me. Just chill. It's 2019.

Sure, you can't use magic to move to another place. Just use transportation.
Or maybe don't demand that DE basically changes the game from multiplayer to solo player, just because your government isn't doing enough for better connection across your country.
The real problem right here isn't the game. It's your government. This may sound harsh. Truth is harsh.

22 hours ago, Kainosh said:

This is a major contributing factor, yes. I'd argue that levelling up a single item - especially a decent weapon - is about as fast solo as it is on a team. Levelling up a garbage weapon or especially a Sentinel, though - that's REALLY harsh to do solo. Sentinels gain barely any experience at all, as even the XP they get for kills goes into their weapon, instead. Similarly, trying to level up a weapon WITHOUT using it is doable solo but really really slow. Jump on a team, though, and it's about as fast as if you'd used it.

Personally, I feel this game needs another pass at how XP is distributed between items. And yes, I do believe we need more XP tied to actual objective completion, rather than just kills. And yeah, I keep saying XP. It's Affinity, because Warframe has to have a gobbledygook counterpart to every term, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AugmentedJustice said:

Please don't play the "this generation" card here and then proceed to ramble on about how "this generation" would go nuts without so and so. It's not necessary and isn't relevant to the topic at hand and it's just obnoxious.

Is revelent to the sheer amount of the same threads over the same issues this week (THAT'S the definition OF spam): a pure whine fest over "it takes too long". Which I highlighted even to show what the OP stated.

Now wanting group rewards in solo mode.

Next they want freebies just to login (Oh, wait, they already get that with daily rewards!).

There's more rewards in group modes because you have to deal with other players. That's the price (trying to work together) for the perks. Solo mode the rewards are less.

MMOs are MMOs BECAUSE people WANT to group together (they solo to level and personal challenges). And group with people who want to show they can compete, too. Not just stand there; or worse, more busy looting than shooting.

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

I've been playing warframe solo as much if not more than the OP has. Also living in a rural area my only way to recieve something simular to broadband internet is with Satellite.  This internet has horrible data caps(10,15, 25 when I signed on) but comes with a perk of a unmetered zone from 12AM-5AM. God forbid that I have to go in in the moring or something like a doctor appointment shows up.  I can kiss multiplayer goodbye as I'm not getting much done from 12-1. I tend to do all my farming and leveling (mostly) during the day solo as it uses less data that way.  After the stealth rework leveling anything that was not a melee took a considerable hit as multishot hits automatically ended your stealth multiplier and not playing Ivara or Equinox to sleep enemies meant that killing multiple enemies in a line also ruins your multiplier.  Spy missions were the next things we had but it works better having only one weapon equipped for maximum gain.  Trust me I've tried all combinations.  

Companions are the most evil pieces of crap to try to level solo as your kills DO NOT count for the sentinel and neither do its kills count for you.  Spy missions work best at leveling it but its so complicated because it works on a 25/75 split so after the weapon is done you have to remove it so that the sentinel can gain all the affinity.  

So yes I agree affinity gains need to be reworked so that solo players aren't having to put 500% more work into leveling things whilst coop can get it done in a fraction of the time.  I'm also NOT saying that we need to be a direct 1:1 Ratio , but at the very least 2.5-3:1 ratio.

Edit:  Ex: In co-op you can rank 3 weapons from 0-30 in around 25-30 waves of hydron. That equates about roughly 40 minutes. Runing solo spy missions for 3 weapons seperately equates to about roughly 3 hours using the time from earlier in the post. (4-5 min runs/4 times)  This equation only gets worse as you add each additional weapon to the mix for the run as the run becomes very inefficient.

Edited by (PS4)Tenchi145
Clarification

12 hours ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Is revelent to the sheer amount of the same threads over the same issues this week (THAT'S the definition OF spam): a pure whine fest over "it takes too long". Which I highlighted even to show what the OP stated.

Now wanting group rewards in solo mode.

And you know with certainty which generation OP is a part of? It takes a special degree of entitlement to meta-complain about things that have nothing to do with the game on top of that.

Next they want freebies just to login (Oh, wait, they already get that with daily rewards!).

How is this relevant?

There's more rewards in group modes because you have to deal with other players. That's the price (trying to work together) for the perks. Solo mode the rewards are less.

Interesting. So people would play solo if not strong-armed into playing with others?

MMOs are MMOs BECAUSE people WANT to group together (they solo to level and personal challenges).

Well which is it? Do players want to play together or not?

Does DE need to incentivize group play so that players will tolerate each other, or do they WANT to play together already? Did you seriously overlook contradicting yourself with your very next sentence?

Never mind the fact that Warframe is very different from conventional MMOs in most respects. Solo is even FORCED quite frequently when it comes to story-related content.

And group with people who want to show they can compete, too. Not just stand there; or worse, more busy looting than shooting.

I hate to break it to you, but you are not important enough to define what other players want out of a game.

You framing a disagreement with the OP for wanting something different out of the game as a generational gap and supposed collapse of discipline while utterly failing to grasp the purpose of login rewards clearly degrades any credibility you may have had on the matter.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

I hate to break it to you, but you are not important enough to define what other players want out of a game.

And you are, son?

The definition of a MMO is many people playing TOGETHER. It's the together part that offers more rewards. More you participate with others, more your perks.

Soloers getting the same rewards as groups, is NOT a MMO design.

So, your idea won't float with this genre. You're playing the wrong game, even.

Want solo play with equal rewards, play solo games for the universal rewards it offers. MMOs groups get more perks for making the game a MMO experience.

17 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

And you are, son?

Let's not stoop to name calling and belittling, m'kay?

Soloers getting the same rewards as groups, is NOT a MMO design.

Good thing Warframe isn't actually an MMO then. Last I checked it's a third person PvE co-op shooter.

Want solo play with equal rewards, play solo games for the universal rewards it offers.

Oh great...the old "Go play something else" comment.

MMOs groups get more perks for making the game a MMO experience.

Again, Warframe isn't an MMO!

Edited by MirageKnight