Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo players level up too slow

(XBOX)CancerInfantry

1 hour ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

The Ivara and Loki Locked at Neptune.

That's what getting a taxi is for. Know your spy and you'll be good at that point.

getting hit with that no gold no Multiplayer just makes me hate the console even more because now I'm getting double charged.

THIS is the first time I've heard of this being a thing at all. I don't play console if only for the controller vs keyboard and mouse issue, but that right there kills any sense of me humoring playing a console at all. Does that also apply to the stealth multiplier as well?

If you haven't played your way from MR 0 TO MR 9 SOLO you have no idea how tedious that is and trying to talk down on solo players like they chose to play that way when in MOST cases they haven't is really disingenuous.

Try me. Check my profile date. I played solo through most of the ranks available up to about the Nova release due to terrible ISP. That was before even stealth had any rewarding play for being good at it. I used to spend hours camped out in MD missions using the spawn system to keep throwing units at me in the Corpus multi stage elevator tile and just kept picking them off as they'd come in from ether side. We're afforded a lot more leveling options now by comparison and it's at least 100x easier than it used to be back in the day when forma was a p2p item before they put out the void tile set and made it a drop.

1 hour ago, Cortanis said:

That's what getting a taxi is for. Know your spy and you'll be good at that point.

THIS is the first time I've heard of this being a thing at all. I don't play console if only for the controller vs keyboard and mouse issue, but that right there kills any sense of me humoring playing a console at all. Does that also apply to the stealth multiplier as well?

Try me. Check my profile date. I played solo through most of the ranks available up to about the Nova release due to terrible ISP. That was before even stealth had any rewarding play for being good at it. I used to spend hours camped out in MD missions using the spawn system to keep throwing units at me in the Corpus multi stage elevator tile and just kept picking them off as they'd come in from ether side. We're afforded a lot more leveling options now by comparison and it's at least 100x easier than it used to be back in the day when forma was a p2p item before they put out the void tile set and made it a drop.

For your first point......S.O.L.O. How do you get a taxi playing solo?

2nd point yeah I never new it existed until I got an XBOX. On PS4 you can group and join clans and trade without PlayStation Plus membership. On XBox all multiplayer functionality is locked unless you got Gold status.

3rd point. Again the game changed yet people are trying to stifle this change. For what reason? 

On 2018-12-31 at 9:34 AM, (XB1)CancerInfantry said:

Yeah but it's not like a game changer that will affect your gameplay. Plus I'm speaking for other people as well, maybe they dont like playing with other people, maybe they just like being a lone wolf, maybe they have bad connection, or maybe they're sick of doing spy missions. DE wants people to play in groups but there is people soloing the orb heist the first few days it came out, I know it's new but you know what I mean

Or they're older adults like me who simply do not wish to be paired with six-year-old teammates.

On 2019-01-07 at 12:18 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

honestly i have my squad joinup settings to join any squads no ping,limits , so dont see why youd have to go with solo mode when players like me willingly join pub

Some of us like to leisurely take our time exploring every single inch of the map, looking for loot crates and scannables. It's hard and even rude to do that in a group setting where the other squadmates want to complete the task and extract as quickly as possible. Sometimes, soloing is necessary or even preferable. Also, there are things that affect public interest in public matchmaking - such as whether or not the tile has an alert mission, nightmare mode, degree of frustration compared to the minimal reward earned, etc.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

Some of us like to leisurely take our time exploring every single inch of the map, looking for loot crates and scannables. It's hard and even rude to do that in a group setting where the other squadmates want to complete the task and extract as quickly as possible. Sometimes, soloing is necessary or even preferable. Also, there are things that affect public interest in public matchmaking - such as whether or not the tile has an alert mission, nightmare mode, degree of frustration compared to the minimal reward earned, etc.

but this has nothing to do with the topic of leveling up fast... you want to take ur time, thats fine, i do that 2 in solo 

but the topic is people r trying to power level as fast as humanly possible, and want all the mastery NOW, and they should just take a frigin step back 

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

but this has nothing to do with the topic of leveling up fast... you want to take ur time, thats fine, i do that 2 in solo 

but the topic is people r trying to power level as fast as humanly possible, and want all the mastery NOW, and they should just take a frigin step back 

Whoa whoa whoa! Pump your brakes there. Where in any of those arguements for increasing or even looking at affinity gains in solo did we say we want it as fast as humanly possible. What we are asking for is reallocation of our time compared to that of people who are in squads.

In solo we earn significantly less affinity and in order to level crap weapons have to find exploits, which quickly get patched(stealth focus farming), or slog through it at about at a minimum 5x the time it takes a person in a squad to level 3 weapons, a companion(and its weapon if a sentinel). 

So far all the cons of solo are slower progression and the pros are user experience while in a squad its cons are user experience and it pros are faster progression. That isn't balanced by any stretch of the imagination.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

Whoa whoa whoa! Pump your brakes there. Where in any of those arguements for increasing or even looking at affinity gains in solo did we say we want it as fast as humanly possible. What we are asking for is reallocation of our time compared to that of people who are in squads.

In solo we earn significantly less affinity and in order to level crap weapons have to find exploits, which quickly get patched(stealth focus farming), or slog through it at about at a minimum 5x the time it takes a person in a squad to level 3 weapons, a companion(and its weapon if a sentinel). 

So far all the cons of solo are slower progression and the pros are user experience while in a squad its cons are user experience and it pros are faster progression. That isn't balanced by any stretch of the imagination.

u earn less because 1 person is doing all the work for himself by himself.... it to be expected that u get less

9 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

u earn less because 1 person is doing all the work for himself by himself.... it to be expected that u get less

I want you to really go back and think about this. Perform whatever mental gymnastics you need and flesh this out to at the very least persuade me to see this from your point of view.  Because taking it at its most basic form would mean that any nuke frame should get less affinity for killing all the enemies on the map whilst in a squad. I've had kill counts up to 1000 with the next closest member of my squad having only 82 kills. What you are saying with that weak sentence is immediately proven false given that a team of one nuke and 3 leechers make more than a solo player using a nuke frame given that mod setups are similar.

What completely ruins this is not the level of work that either of them put in, but the DENSITY OF MOBS in group/solo instances that set this imbalance.

14 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

The ability to set it to spawn more enemies in a single player instance would be nice. More to kill = Exp. I don't always like to let mission open to public but i do like fighting in the environment of 3 to 4 players worth of targets

This could be alleviated by scaling the affinity earned by solo players up to at a bare minimum 1.4 times what they normally earn but that has been suggested a lot and has never been implemented. So more options may have to be conceived until we find a decent one with better trade offs than what we have right now.

On 2019-01-09 at 12:24 AM, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

S.O.L.O. How do you get a taxi playing solo?

It means you only have to do it once. True, you'll have to pony up for the s*** gold membership once to do it but it can still be done rather easy.... or you know, don't play on console as Microsoft and Sony are clearly hell bent on SCREWING a perfectly good game and it's mechanics because they want to make money on subscriptions rather than just make money on the loads of micro transactions. But seriously though, this kind of behavior is exactly why they get a bad rap and by all means no one should be willing to humor their BS.

On XBox all multiplayer functionality is locked unless you got Gold status.

This right here is literally game breaking in the sense that it breaks mechanics that the game has pretty much been founded on. That was in no small part why spy 2.0 was even done period. Is this exclusive to Xbox or is Playstation the same? Ether way, I'd have to say playing on Xbox isn't even worth the time with that bs going on.

Again the game changed yet people are trying to stifle this change. For what reason?

No one is trying to stifle change at all. In fact, as noted about doing spy, their are very few real effective ways to gain xp as a solo player. Much of those methods are based on old methods that have always existed like doing heavy killing missions with the highest levels you can get to, or using relatively newer methods like no alarm spy. Back before DE put some real effort into rewarding skilled players to do stealth at all instead of obliterating everything in our paths, we didn't really have any serious solo farm methods. We just had mind numbing hallway shooter.

Even party wise, Xini was the place to go because it used to be the Corpus ship cargo bay tile with Infested for Def. The old meta used to be Frost, Ember x2, and maybe a random. It was still about 20 waves of that and mostly just weapon leveling and with out the benefits of vacuum being a thing. So yeah, leveling both solo and in groups has come a long way by comparison and we're afforded a lot more flexibility in that leveling... well, as long as you're not on at least Xbox anyway.

4 hours ago, Cortanis said:

It means you only have to do it once. True, you'll have to pony up for the s*** gold membership once to do it but it can still be done rather easy.... or you know, don't play on console.

Even if I left the rest of your post it still would not cover people who don't have a stable enough connection to even connect to a squad. And sometimes you may get lucky and they host a free multiplayer weekend. I also already explained that this was only with the xbox as the ps4 at least at the moment allows to to use multiplayer with it free games without a plus subscription.

But party wise you don't have to use the weapon in question nor do your companions have to make kills because the line or two nuke frames are doing the heavy lifting getting you exp in around 20 waves for all three weapons. Doing 20 waves solo wouldn't even net you near 1/3 of that amount of affinity solo.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not entirely true. If your in a group and someone is killing things with warframe abilities they get all that affinity towards their frame and you get very little. Same for you if you spam abilities. However im pretty sure you can level any weapon or frame to 30 in 1 mission solo.

On 2019-01-24 at 11:08 PM, (PS4)DWROWLA said:

This is not entirely true. If your in a group and someone is killing things with warframe abilities they get all that affinity towards their frame and you get very little. Same for you if you spam abilities. However im pretty sure you can level any weapon or frame to 30 in 1 mission solo.

You are correct.  But an offensive frame Like Mesa Or Sayrn loves for all the affinity to go into their frame as at rank 10 they gain access to their ult. which will fill their bar and rank them faster than their teammates would being that they are getting 100% affinity to their frame instead of the measly 25% from their teammates kills.  Again they would still rank up in a bit less than the time it would take a solo player to level to 30 using same said frame.  I had a booster recently and forma'd my Mesa it took me until around the 45 min mark on titan to reach rank 20 which equates to rank 30 post mission.  That night ran a survival with a few friends and in 25 mins after reaching rank 10, reached at around 12 min mark, was rank 20.

On 2019-01-25 at 1:02 AM, matkiencan138 said:

Encouraging less player interaction is just bad. If your internet is bad then no matter what online games you play it is going to be a bad experience. It's not a problem with the game, it's a problem with you.

What the hell is that suppose to mean? I mean they already encourage less interaction in squads by making leeching the best way to level weapons and companions, but they hold solo players back with a small trickle of enemies of about 5-8 at a time greatly reducing affinity earned by them with absolutely no buff to make solo play not an unfun slog.  Again in a squad a player can skip testing a crappy mr fodder weapon and never use it in battle and it ranks up to 30. Afterwards they can ditch it and grab another one without even testing to see if they liked said gun or firing a shot.  But solo you have to use the weapon painstakingly or even just run a spy mission with just it equipped and hope you don't get attacked by any syndicates or even worse the stalker.

Edited by (PS4)Tenchi145

• 2 weeks later...