Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding new things is not the solution.

Cephalycion

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:55 PM, ShortCat said:

MMO or not, the amount of seizable content can be compared. If both studious have similar size, employees have to work on something right? Warframe also lacks the WoW's scope, so the difference will of course be there.
I have no idea how the workflow is there, but if you tell me it takes one year for 170 people to release 3.5 new frames, 15 weapons, 5 minutes of scripted video and one empty snowy map - I would say that's not much. Throw in some bugfixes in combination with new bugs, to be fair.

To be fair that is a vastly over simplified version of what they have released in the course of a single year. Over 2018 alone we received 4 new frames built from the ground up one of which has its own mini quest line, 4 primed frames that each had to go threw a new cosmetic design and internal debugs from stat increases. 1 New variant with a full quest and story line that is not counted among the 4. We also received the Chimera Prologue mini quest.

1 new open world with a consistent map, new mini game mode, rewards for the new map. A new mode of travel new enemy types to inhabit the new open world. We also got a new player hub with Fortuna. There are also the scripted lines for the NPC's who inhabit the area. A new build system for making custom secondary weapons, a new type of companion that is also customizable.

That's not even touching on the new weapons, sentinels, or cosmetic items added.

Looking at DE to Obsidian is poor comparison because they don't build the same game types and haven't for a while now. They also don't use the same marketing models where DE builds FtP as their target market Obsidian is going the Pay for a Game route. When you buy an Obsidian game that's it, you want extras you buy them, its not a bad model but its inherently different from the FtP market where they earn their money from micro transactions or Ad's (which warframe doesn't have). Neither of them is a bad model but they aren't the same. What your trying to do is compare a soccer team to a baseball team. Yes, their both sports teams but you don't expect a goalie to hit a homerun and you don't expect a pitcher to kick a winning goal. So again I say they are not an indie company but they aren't a large AAA corporation that can pump a new game out every 6 months to a year either.

Going back to the issue,  new weapons, frames, cosmetics etc are just filler when the root of the issue stems from the systems not having been fully completed or are outdated and due for a revamp.

• Like 1

with all of this said, if i may digress, i'd like to first bring up an elephant in the room when discussing un-polishing, old, or seemingly abandoned content. its more of a community issue, so brace yourselves.

Spoiler

every so often when bringing up a topic that concerns unpolished or abandoned content, we get players who believe it is "a waste of the developers time and effort."

in my opinion, this is a weak argument: it can be applied to every concept, suggestion, or feedback ever on this forum and is not relevant to any conversation. no unprivileged person here represents the developers and thus they have no right to say what is or is not a waste of development time.

with that out of the way, id like to address the main topic:

i agree completely.

one abandoned feature i personally would like addressed is archwing. i think a simple first step would be to put a better spotlight on its core design by giving us optional special archwing alerts next to abitrations, fissures, syndicate alerts, etc. one issue with regular archwing nodes is that they offer less rewards and thus lack replay-ability. alerts that give players convenient or useful rewards for completing them (maybe include archwing weapon parts from syndicates and archwing parts from dojos within the reward pool). this would apply more replay-ability, reward, mission difficulty variety, and exclusivity when progressing to owning an archwing. afterward, maybe move on to improving the movement system so that traversing through both close-quarter and open space maps is fairly easier. if needed, improve other archwing features as well. personally, i think enemy hit boxes need to be larger and there needs to be some kind of range indication when players automatically dash-melee toward their targets.

honestly, the game has so much abandoned content that DE can hype up one big update aimed to polishing old game features.

plus its not like polished old content cant feel new. parkour 2.0, for example, was just polishing the old and outdated movement system, but when it was released, it felt like an entirely new way to play and master the game. same can be said with melee 3.0 once it arrives.

Edited by MysticDragonMage